Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith/Ronnie and Alcohol
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 1, 2012 21:01

chrism13
They had a had a coke room at the Filmore for the last waltz. Check out Neil Young during Helpless. His jaw was moving sideways ...but he still pulled off a masterpiece.

There was a story at the time that for the film they had to tint off the visible coke from around his nostrils--an expensive job in the pre-digital age...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 2, 2012 00:50

Mathijs
heedstone
DiscoVolante
steffiestones
I wonder if the Stones where ever drunk on stage ???
confused smiley? Just whatch any show from '81 or the Stones at the Max movie. Ronnie is so drunk that he can barely stand up. drinking smiley

Yup, this clip cracks me up, he's all over the place. You almost feel sorry for the poor bugger!

But this is not a drunk Ronnie, he's just fooling around.

Mathijs
Yup, but that does not stop the lazy from going to Youtube, doing a search for DRUNK RONNIE, and, of course, there are no video of that... but this is labeled that, so they just post this one.... I wonder if it makes them feel cool to do that.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 2, 2012 01:11

And we all wonder why Keith can't play anymore...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 2, 2012 04:09

heedstone
DiscoVolante
steffiestones
confused smiley? Just whatch any show from '81 or the Stones at the Max movie. Ronnie is so drunk that he can barely stand up. drinking smiley

Yup, this clip cracks me up, he's all over the place. You almost feel sorry for the poor bugger!

It ain't the fact that he's drunk, it's from being up three days smoking crack. That's what it looks like right before you crash.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 2, 2012 09:31

The Dutch Rocker Herman Brood,Johnny Thunders and many other regular Drug/booze boys had to pay with their lives..
I know a musician who had the same lifestyle as Keith and is more than 10 years younger,who had to quit his band because he cant remember the songs he played a thousand times the last 25 years..

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 2, 2012 09:57

Ronnie said Keith's booze intake live has resulted in Keith sometimes starting off the wrong song with "Rock" in the title. Keith will incorrecly start off "It's Only Rock `n Roll" instead of "You Got Me Rockin'". And the other Stones will have to signal Keith.

But perhaps Keith's more of a wassailer versus Ronnie's (past?) aim of just wanting to get blotto.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 2, 2012 10:09

Brue
heedstone
DiscoVolante
steffiestones

It ain't the fact that he's drunk, it's from being up three days smoking crack. That's what it looks like right before you crash.

Bollocks.

Mathijs

Date: March 2, 2012 12:09

I met Johnny Thunders backstage once ,he was drinking a pintfull of Baileys mixed with J.Daniels and smoking pure hash, the show only lasted 30 minutes before he crashed on stage..Even with an amount of dope to keep things going, I guess every human soul will sooner or later crash..
So I think the Stones never went that far..
Keith had sometimes a bottle of jack on his amp,but I wonder Ihe finished the bottle before the end of the show..

Posted by: heedstone ()
Date: March 2, 2012 12:12

Mathijs
Brue
heedstone
DiscoVolante
steffiestones

Bollocks.

Mathijs

Haha, so he's not high AND he's not drunk?? What's wrong with him then? An Inner ear infection? eye rolling smiley

@ Max'sKansasCity - I've seen the clip before, I didn't just type "DRUNK RONNIE" into youtube. And yup, I feel VERY cool.

What's the big deal anyway? Ronnie wood is wasted, Oh the horror!! Did you believe that he was T-Total all his life!? Sorry to break it to you, but I think Keith may have experimented with stronger drugs than Nytol too. I hope this doesn't come as too big a shock to you, but maybe after a few years of intensive counselling you'll get over it.

Date: March 2, 2012 14:03

Wich Stones drinks most ??
and what are they fav drinks

1 Jagger-Evitian

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 2, 2012 14:10

heedstone
Mathijs
Brue
heedstone
DiscoVolante
steffiestones

Bollocks.

Mathijs

Haha, so he's not high AND he's not drunk?? What's wrong with him then? An Inner ear infection? eye rolling smiley

@ Max'sKansasCity - I've seen the clip before, I didn't just type "DRUNK RONNIE" into youtube. And yup, I feel VERY cool.

What's the big deal anyway? Ronnie wood is wasted, Oh the horror!! Did you believe that he was T-Total all his life!? Sorry to break it to you, but I think Keith may have experimented with stronger drugs than Nytol too. I hope this doesn't come as too big a shock to you, but maybe after a few years of intensive counselling you'll get over it.

You might want to wait til you've been here a week and got 10 posts before you start sneering at longtime IORR members.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 2, 2012 16:23

Those last two gigs may have been the most sober gigs Keith has ever done.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 3, 2012 13:58

This Russian coalminer beats Ronnie by far. Talk about shitfaced. There had been an accident at a coalmine supposedly due to drunkenness and a Russian newsteam was sent there to investigate the truth in that statement. Here is what happens...

News

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: March 3, 2012 16:07

Ronnie, in that clip, is without a doubt drunk. He almost falls on his face, barely plays and when his solo comes he can't even bend a correct note so he opts for crowd high fives, Rock n Roll!!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 3, 2012 16:29

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 3, 2012 17:23

nobs
Ronnie, in that clip, is without a doubt drunk.

Are you sure ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 8, 2012 22:33

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 8, 2012 23:19

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 9, 2012 00:02

Bliss

You might want to wait til you've been here a week and got 10 posts before you start sneering at longtime IORR members.

Longtime membership or newcomer: it's completely irrelavant when it comes to opinions. Iorr is a democratic forum.

Besides, in all fairness I do not hear the difference as far as Ron's playing is concerned, regardless his shape..

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 9, 2012 08:22

>> I hope this doesn't come as too big a shock to you, but maybe after a few years of intensive counselling you'll get over it.

Pretty insulting comment to Mathijs from someone who'd been here one week.

Posted by: heedstone ()
Date: March 9, 2012 10:18

Haha, cheers for the heads up tele! I guess I didn't read the forum rules thuroughly enough!

I think Keith and Ronnie should be celebrated for getting so wasted on stage anyway. If i had that many narcotics in my blood stream, I'd be struggling to see the guitar, let alone play it! They've spent half a century building up their drug and alcohol tollerence levels, it'd be a shame not to show them off!

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: March 9, 2012 19:48

Last waltz was not at the fillmore it was at winterland..backstage they had a coke room with groucho glasses and noses on the wall for decoration..

Ron was out of hand in 81 82 among other years..he looks well for him on his radio show tv episodes...flinchy and edgy but not wiped out.

Date: March 9, 2012 23:12

71Tele

I see my post was removed. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful illustration of the point I made in it. Enough said.

I wonder why though....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 9, 2012 23:31

Amsterdamned

Besides, in all fairness I do not hear the difference as far as Ron's playing is concerned, regardless his shape..

grinning smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 9, 2012 23:42

Amsterdamned
71Tele

I see my post was removed. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful illustration of the point I made in it. Enough said.

I wonder why though....

I know why. But I am choosing to not persue it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 10, 2012 00:13

You guys are crazy. These people are pros. They've got most of ya so far fooled you had your minds made up before you saw the clip. I'd say he's just messing around. Not dead drunk, acting the clown, his role in the whole show.

Up all night freebasing? ha ha c'mon man that was the week between gigs, whatever. Too much at stake here. Keith was the only one allowed to mess up a bit but those days are long past. lmfao.
peace

Date: March 10, 2012 00:36

Naturalust
You guys are crazy. These people are pros. They've got most of ya so far fooled you had your minds made up before you saw the clip. I'd say he's just messing around. Not dead drunk, acting the clown, his role in the whole show.

If you have to act like that on stage to attract the attention there's something seriously wrong indeed.
And I agree they fooled most people winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home