Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 23, 2012 03:58

Rockman
who knows maybe Mick gave a performance out on the lawn before the gig...

Or in the oral office with an intern on the way to the stage.. you're onto to something here RM. peace

Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 23, 2012 06:20

Naturalust
Rockman

Or in the oral office with an intern on the way to the stage.. you're onto to something here RM. peace

"Oral" office?

Nice.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 23, 2012 06:21

All I know is if you don't agree with debra, you're an idiot. I'm sorry ,but Mick has never been unable to hack it. He knows if he needs to slow it down. Would anyone here not want to see Mick up there dancing around in a smaller area and spending more time at the mike? I mean , he is almost 69 @#$%&' years old! use your brain! He's human and will slow down. But hack it he can!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 23, 2012 06:50

"Oral" office? ...yeah good one naturalust...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 23, 2012 06:53

AND so the questions remains for all of those who hope to see The Stones on tour..."Do you feel lucky...punk? Well, do you?"

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 07:36

hahahh,WHAT A STUPID QUESTION,YOUR GONNA JUDGE HIM BY 1 SONG.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: February 23, 2012 17:22

LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
*snerk* Max's this is why you're my favorite poster on this board!
Thanks Lillith smiling smiley You make me smile, where have you been?

I've been lurking on the board just not posting.

Well, it is good to hear from you. Dont be a stranger and dont let anybody run you off/keep you off. If you ever have any good news or rumors, I love to hear them... or if you have a good story, joke or just some fun stuff... always appreciated.

The latest I heard (as of a couple of weeks ago) makes me think there WILL be a tour but it will be a smaller one and not until end of the year or 2013. And Mick and Keith are STILL fighting. Funny story? Hmm a cute story, I was on the phone with Patti once who is VERY nice and down to earth, all of a sudden there is a commotion. Her nephew I think dropped his firetruck out a second story window at the house and she said to me do you see what I have to deal with? My only thought was that it was better than if Keith had dropped a TV out the window but I didn't say that!

Can you say who your source is for that? Patti?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:01

Naturalust
Rockman

1998 called, they want their joke back smiling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 23, 2012 18:51

GumbootCloggeroo
Naturalust
Rockman

1998 called, they want their joke back smiling smiley
That one is for Clinton yawning smiley))

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 23, 2012 19:16

After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?

Yes, but only with a small stage for Mick and chair for Keef

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: February 23, 2012 20:09

Jeff Beck still has vicious chops...and he has the perfect pedigree (a skinny British cat who loves the Blues) and "Look" to be a Stone...what about the Final Tour with Jeff Beck as Lead Guitarist...mythic versions of CYHMK and YCAGWYW and SFTD with (finally) a true Lead player...he would burn the songs down to ash...Keef and Ronnie can "weave" and chunk away in the background to their heart's content...trading some leads back and forth with Beck...an Old Rocker's Guitar Army out on the battlefield one last time and taking no prisoners...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 23, 2012 21:04

Turd On The Run
Jeff Beck still has vicious chops...and he has the perfect pedigree (a skinny British cat who loves the Blues) and "Look" to be a Stone...what about the Final Tour with Jeff Beck as Lead Guitarist...mythic versions of CYHMK and YCAGWYW and SFTD with (finally) a true Lead player...he would burn the songs down to ash...Keef and Ronnie can "weave" and chunk away in the background to their heart's content...trading some leads back and forth with Beck...an Old Rocker's Guitar Army out on the battlefield one last time and taking no prisoners...

Yeah - I know this is herasy talk to most ears here but musically speaking a competent guitarist with a signature sound would make a great addition to 'ancient art of posing'. Jagger seemingly enjoyed playing guitar-drivenly. Forget claptons and taylors, bring true ace, Beck, in and do something adventurous musically! I think Jagger and Beck had a right chemistry going there.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-23 21:07 by Doxa.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 23, 2012 21:21

... just to make sure no one's forgotten:

>> Late August 1987: Mick Jagger's planned European tour ... is cancelled when Jeff Beck backs out. <<
- from [www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 23, 2012 21:50

with sssoul
... just to make sure no one's forgotten:

>> Late August 1987: Mick Jagger's planned European tour ... is cancelled when Jeff Beck backs out. <<
- from [www.timeisonourside.com]

Was that the deal that Beck wanted a percentage of the tour profits but Jagger just wanted to hire him with a salary? But that just mean that Jagger and Beck speak same language...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-23 21:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 23, 2012 22:42

Turd On The Run

I hear ya loud and clear. It's been discussed on this board before, with the smart money pointing out that Jeff could nigh put up with the politics, antics and personalities in the Stones camp. There is history of Jeff getting pissed and leaving situations, mid set. A potential nightmare for MJ.

But as they are gettin on in the years hopefully this argument makes less sense. For the sake of the music (and Jeff's childhood fantasy) I think this is a FANTASTIC idea.

My only concern being that is doesn't detract from Keith's obviously well earned role in the whole 50th Anniversary thing. Keith always talks as though it's all about the music but I think he is holding on to his own leadership a bit more than he let's on. Case in point, Ronnie Wood. Where have all the potentially fantastic contributions by him been? Probably stifled by Keith's stuffing him into a box of his own making. Ronnie happy to be there obviously, at least in his addicted years. Makes perfect sense.

Yes Jeff Beck would be a dream come true playing with the Stones. Even if only for a few shows. Important for me would be to see him work the whole Stone's live set list, all 150 or so tunes for any upcoming shows. Not just come out as a guest and play a couple. The music could turn magic again. Yes indeed. peace

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 24, 2012 01:21

Doxa
Turd On The Run

Yeah - I know this is herasy talk to most ears here but musically speaking a competent guitarist with a signature sound would make a great addition to 'ancient art of posing'. Jagger seemingly enjoyed playing guitar-drivenly. Forget claptons and taylors, bring true ace, Beck, in and do something adventurous musically! I think Jagger and Beck had a right chemistry going there.

- Doxa
ancient art of posing lmao!

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 24, 2012 01:33

Justin
jamesfdouglas
Has ANYONE mentioned that this is the FIRST time Mick' played harp on this song???

It was pretty great wasn't it? I don't know why he doesn't do it more often on this song. But he did do it before early during the Licks tour...specifically I recall Philly 2002 on the B-stage...it was a great moment for sure!

The harp was excellent.

Mick seemed a bit more out of breath than usual but he probably hasn't been training like he does for a tour. Also, for a longer show he would pace himself better, I think he was having such a good time, he got away from himself.

Date: February 24, 2012 02:04

I saw Keith Richards fell on stage in Madrid.

I have been scared since then. I mean...it was hard to see it from the first row (along with the bandana, the mustache...). Kinf of septuagenarians (if Bill attends he would be almost octogenarian...).If there is a tour...it should be perhaps something different than 2 hours of a classical/standard show.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 24, 2012 02:14

i love Keith....but Jeff Beck should join the gang...to me he was and is...a rollin stone...he looks like a stone to...always liked beck

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: February 24, 2012 02:58

elunsi
LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
*snerk* Max's this is why you're my favorite poster on this board!
Thanks Lillith smiling smiley You make me smile, where have you been?

I've been lurking on the board just not posting.

Well, it is good to hear from you. Dont be a stranger and dont let anybody run you off/keep you off. If you ever have any good news or rumors, I love to hear them... or if you have a good story, joke or just some fun stuff... always appreciated.

The latest I heard (as of a couple of weeks ago) makes me think there WILL be a tour but it will be a smaller one and not until end of the year or 2013. And Mick and Keith are STILL fighting. Funny story? Hmm a cute story, I was on the phone with Patti once who is VERY nice and down to earth, all of a sudden there is a commotion. Her nephew I think dropped his firetruck out a second story window at the house and she said to me do you see what I have to deal with? My only thought was that it was better than if Keith had dropped a TV out the window but I didn't say that!

Can you say who your source is for that? Patti?

I haven't spoken to Patti in ages, but it comes from someone reliable in the organization who deals with them both directly.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: February 24, 2012 04:01

ROPENI
l loved Mick's performance last night,but imo a 2 hr Stones show would be too much,at his age, just think if Mick, who is the one to take better care of himself,after one number was out of breath,the rest would drop dead on stage.If they to do some small shows,where they can pace themselves it may be doable,but a full Stadium show,l don't think so,although l hope l am wrong...

I don't know about a full tour, but if it was up to me I would have them just do select shows from here on in.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: February 24, 2012 05:03

He did great but i was worried about him being so out of breath.

drummer_dude

Date: February 24, 2012 13:54

Was waiting for the critics ....Mick was winded because he sang then gave a speech....other than an alright....how you doing...there's never that much dialog after a song.

Gene McBride

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 24, 2012 15:39

Lately we've seen the Ronnie/Mick Taylor pairing, and the Mick/Jeff Beck pairing, and both pairs are great performers of what you might describe as classic British Blues. That's a style I really enjoy, but it isn't - quite - Rolling Stones music, although both grew out of the 60s blues scene in the UK.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home