Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 22, 2012 21:02

JumpinJeppeFlash
Erik_Snow
One couldn't imagine a 3 month tour to follow Philadelphia 1981, but they did just fine once they got going for some weeks. I don't think Jagger is the problem for a 2012 tour. The problem is....someone else.

That "someone else" will try to perform this friday, let´s wait and see but if this "someone else" is in the same shape as when he played with Johnny Depp, then i hope it´s over forever. I hate to see this great icon and guitarplayer make a fool of himself.

Agreed, let's face it, good ol' days are over since a while...

HMN

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 22, 2012 21:44

MICK WAS GREAT

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2012 22:07

Mick did great considering a blasting first number...the audience
and surroundings and who knows maybe Mick gave a performance out on the lawn before the gig...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 22, 2012 22:13

Out of breath? Hell, yeah. It's called singing live.

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: February 22, 2012 22:14

Rockman
Mick did great considering a blasting first number...the audience
and surroundings and who knows maybe Mick gave a performance out on the lawn before the gig...

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Re: I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 22, 2012 22:20

Rolling Hansie
MICK WAS GREAT
I like it when Hans YELLS in big letters, it means it is true.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: February 22, 2012 22:34

Rolling Hansie
corriecas
all i got is a lot of buckets of shite poured over me

Sure hope you washed it off smiling smiley

haha Rolling hansie you are really funny!!
I always enjoy youre posts a lot, thanks!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:00

The performance got better with each song. Miss You was great, I thought.

Date: February 22, 2012 23:09

Max'sKansasCity
I like it when Hans YELLS in big letters, it means it is true.

You got that right smiling smiley

-------------------

I LOVE THE STONES
Date: February 22, 2012 23:10

michel

Thanks, but I was actually trying to be serious smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:17

Erik_Snow
One couldn't imagine a 3 month tour to follow Philadelphia 1981, but they did just fine once they got going for some weeks. I don't think Jagger is the problem for a 2012 tour. The problem is....someone else.

Or they need to do what other bands have done before them that is rethink the concept of touring.
Traditionnally it's leaving home for 3 6 9 months to go on the road but some bands just admitted they can't do it anymore : Hetfield from Metallica, in order to stick to his newly-found sobriety, forced his co-workers to do the touring in chunks (4 weeks out 2 weeks at home).

The singer from Tool publicly said the days of long tours are over (he's only 47!) he can't do it any longer and his vocal chords cannot sustain the pressure.

Mick Keith : time to take your cue from the "youngers"?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:19

Has ANYONE mentioned that this is the FIRST time Mick' played harp on this song???

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:27

jamesfdouglas
Has ANYONE mentioned that this is the FIRST time Mick' played harp on this song???

It was pretty great wasn't it? I don't know why he doesn't do it more often on this song. But he did do it before early during the Licks tour...specifically I recall Philly 2002 on the B-stage...it was a great moment for sure!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:32

Justin
jamesfdouglas

It was pretty great wasn't it? I don't know why he doesn't do it more often on this song. But he did do it before early during the Licks tour...specifically I recall Philly 2002 on the B-stage...it was a great moment for sure!

I didn't know that, interesting. I saw the Licks tour in Montreal in '03, they actually didn't play Miss You!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: michel ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:33

Rolling Hansie
michel

Thanks, but I was actually trying to be serious smiling smiley

Oh sorry I misunderstood youthumbs up

Date: February 22, 2012 23:43

jamesfdouglas
Justin
jamesfdouglas

I didn't know that, interesting. I saw the Licks tour in Montreal in '03, they actually didn't play Miss You!

Wish there was a clip on Youtube..but alas none. I had the audience recording on video of the show and I was shocked when Mick launched straight into the harmonica after the guitar solos. The crowd actually cheers as if they knew just how rare it was for him to do that. Mick abandoned the harmonica in "Miss You" very quickly as the tour progressed...definitely gone by 2003.

I wish Mick and crew would take a moment to rearrange the warhorses...they'd find that there is actually SOME life left in those songs if they turned them off autopilot...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:53

i would say that the singer is ready.

Date: February 22, 2012 23:54

michel
Oh sorry I misunderstood youthumbs up

smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2012 00:02

LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
*snerk* Max's this is why you're my favorite poster on this board!
Thanks Lillith smiling smiley You make me smile, where have you been?

I've been lurking on the board just not posting.

Get a room you two!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2012 00:07

Justin
jamesfdouglas

I'll have to go back and listen/watch again. For me, Miss You had it's moments, but I didn't particularly enjoy the harp playing...sounded a bit tepid but maybe I am judging it too harshly.

Date: February 23, 2012 00:24

treaclefingers
LillithFlair
Max'sKansasCity
LillithFlair
*snerk* Max's this is why you're my favorite poster on this board!
Thanks Lillith smiling smiley You make me smile, where have you been?

I've been lurking on the board just not posting.

Get a room you two!

Hey!! don't block the damn sidewalk!

Date: February 23, 2012 00:25

Mick had to restrain himself a little because the band took it down to a whisper during that part. Mick had to adjust accordingly so his playing had to match that feel they were putting down. Still though, it was refreshing to hear it included anyway. If you can somehow track down that Philly 02 I mentioned it's a way better performance...he wails on it and it really cuts through the song.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 23, 2012 00:30

I hope they don't do a full tour. I've been to 40+ Stones shows over the years. I don't need stadiums, fireworks, bridges, mirrors on the ceiling, horn sections, back up vocalists, inflatable honky tonk women, balloons, confetti, flames, "on stage" seats, B-Stages, or Sheryl Crow.

five chairs, semi-circle, Charlie on washboard, Keith and Ronnie on acoustics - Spider & the Fly, Love in Vain, King Bee, Prodigal Son, You Gotta Move, etc., etc.

It would be the best Stones tour in nearly 40 years.

Date: February 23, 2012 00:37

fireworks, bridges, mirrors on the ceiling, horn sections, back up vocalists, inflatable honky tonk women, balloons, confetti, flames, "on stage" seats, B-Stages.....

Such great memories...
ah now I am getting sentimental... I WANNA GO AGAIN!!!! TURN BACK THE CLOCK

Date: February 23, 2012 00:39

Seems just like last year we getting our hair singed by the cobra.... dang

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 23, 2012 00:56

I can't imagine a worse setting and audience. Just awful. So small, false and plain ridiculous for that type of music especially. It'd make even the most consummate professional feel uptight and nervous. Mick's readiness for a tour can't be judged on anything like that! And he'll prove it soon enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-23 00:56 by Beast.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:10

I'd really like to see an old fashioned "sit down" tour . C'mon think about it these guys are "elderly " . No need to prance about , just play some good tunes . Cover your roots one last time . pay homage to those whom you've appreciated , cover songs which you've admired and let us know that we mean something to you .

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:14

Beast
I can't imagine a worse setting and audience. Just awful. So small, false and plain ridiculous for that type of music especially. It'd make even the most consummate professional feel uptight and nervous. Mick's readiness for a tour can't be judged on anything like that! And he'll prove it soon enough.

Exactly, obama and his fake audience always reminds me of those infomercials with people waving their cash before they have any clue what they are buying.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:33

micks performance was very good IMO, its just that i never saw him that out of breath after just one song

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 23, 2012 03:54

Funny, but I thought he was winded after doing Miss YOu for the New York benefit back in 2001. I think he gets winded when he is not on tour because he is not focusing on vocalizing when moving about. Im sure this guy still does 10 mile runs all the time.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home