Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2 years ago - No Filter tour kicks off
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 9, 2019 12:23

it's two years today that the No Filter tour kicked off in Hamburg. It was also the longest show (22 songs, 2 hours 20 minutes)

Re: 2 years ago - No Filter tour kicks off
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 9, 2019 12:32

slewan
it's two years today that the No Filter tour kicked off in Hamburg. It was also the longest show (22 songs, 2 hours 20 minutes)

Was thinking that earlier. I was lucky enough to be at all 3 No Filter Tour Openers. This one was extra special though, with that long setlist and being 1st use of the No Filter Stage.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 9, 2019 13:29

It was great night for me.
My LD turn out to PIT.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 9, 2019 14:08

It kicked off on the wrong foot. Soon we're going to face a dilemma where we want them to continue, but are not prepared to see zombie performances. On the 2017 tour we got a taste of how that is going to feel.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 9, 2019 14:16

Chuck Berry like?
Keith probably wouldn't care "we'll take as far as we can" but hopefully Mick won't let that happen but seeing as he's happy to milk it and get that ego boost, who knows...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 9, 2019 14:18

Nikkei
It kicked off on the wrong foot. Soon we're going to face a dilemma where we want them to continue, but are not prepared to see zombie performances. On the 2017 tour we got a taste of how that is going to feel.

A couple of ultra-brief moments in a great 2:20 hr show made it a "zombie performance" for you? smiling smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 9, 2019 14:24

The Stones concerts I have attended in 2017 and 2018 were really good and charming, Nikkei. Miles away from being "zombies performances"...

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 9, 2019 14:25

Yes, I was so favoured to see them in my home town and in such a beautiful setting, too. And what a set list with SFTD as opener, what an audience, what an incredible show it was! I am still getting goose bumps when think of it.

d.f

Date: September 9, 2019 14:27

To me it was the other way round: a couple of brief Stones moments during an overall trance-like state

Date: September 9, 2019 14:35

laertisflash
The Stones concerts I have attended in 2017 and 2018 were really good and charming, Nikkei. Miles away from being "zombies performances"...

Don't throw 2017 and 2018 together, there are miles in between

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 9, 2019 18:06

I saw them in 17 Amsterdam & 18 London Stadium and thought both were great performances tho Amsterdam was enhanced by the 'in-door' feel with the stadium roof being closed over. Take them whenever I can but yeah time really is marching on now and in my darker moments I do wonder if I've now saw them for the last time (even tho I've been thinking that since 1982!). Just my personal feelings.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 9, 2019 18:36

In my opinion 2017 had some great Shows, especially Arnheim and Düsseldorf were awesome. Hamburg was rough but Special. Way better than Dublin the following year which was for me the worst show so far.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 9, 2019 18:37

What a great night...with a great show.

Date: September 9, 2019 19:00

Had it been "rough" I would have been fine with it. I thought it was smooth, almost like a sleepwalk. It felt like the songs were happening without the band itself having much to do with it.

Date: September 9, 2019 20:01

Brilliant photo, Too Tough and thanks for sharing. I was there, over towards the right of the Silver Pit in a group of 10, including 8 IORRians and about 5 or 6 nationalities. Great night out! I was at the rehearsals too, 2 nights before. Good venue and city too.

Date: September 9, 2019 22:10

Hamburg was special in the way that everything was new – the stage, the show, Symapthy as a surprise opener, some gems/rare songs (although we heared a the soundcheck the days before). And last but not least: I was in the pit for the first time – scored them with Lucky Dip
On the other hand I do agree that it was not their best show in 2017. Keith was rather alseep, some parts of the show were rather rough

Date: September 9, 2019 22:15

slewan
Hamburg was special in the way that everything was new – the stage, the show, Symapthy as a surprise opener, some gems/rare songs (although we heared a the soundcheck the days before). And last but not least: I was in the pit for the first time – scored them with Lucky Dip
On the other hand I do agree that it was not their best show in 2017. Keith was rather alseep, some parts of the show were rather rough

It was their 1st live show in nearly a year so it was never going to be perfect.

Date: September 9, 2019 22:31

grzegorz67
slewan

It was their 1st live show in nearly a year so it was never going to be perfect.

nobody expected this

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home