Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 36
Re: Mick Jagger to perform at The White House Feb 21
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 01:51

micawber
Oh one of micksfucks (in mind, just in mind). Misread your nick, sorry, micksfixchicks. Still the same addiction after all those years? Come on, that's ridiculous. Time to get in touch with reality...

Not your finest hour micawber

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: February 15, 2012 01:53

Mick is business. Keith IS ROCK AND ROLL AND WILL EVER BE, no matter what some bitches say.

And for sure, that's neither one of my finest hours, but my opinion for the past, for now and forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 01:57 by micawber.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: February 15, 2012 01:54

You don't know anything about my hours, sorry.

Date: February 15, 2012 01:55

micawber
You don't know anything about my hours, sorry.

apology accepted...see, that was easy.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 15, 2012 01:56

Nobody sees the practical point, here?

It will be 1,000 time more difficult to sneak in that performance than to get a ticket for a Licks club gig

Can you imagine there are even scalpers for that market?

Date: February 15, 2012 02:00

The Joker
Nobody sees the practical point, here?

It will be 1,000 time more difficult to sneak in that performance than to get a ticket for a Licks club gig

Can you imagine there are even scalpers for that market?

Unless of course you have Barack on speed dial!

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: February 15, 2012 04:08

God bless 'im. I'll be watching -- and listening.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 15, 2012 05:54

Keb Mo !!!

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: February 15, 2012 08:42

It's bullshit Keith wasn't asked and/or accepted to play too.

Date: February 15, 2012 11:24

There was (is) a time when people (much/some) thought that Lennon was the good (cool) guy and Mccartney was the bad (bitter,cold) guy.

And nowadays there is the tale of Keith being the genuine/authentic/unadulterated/iconoclastic/rebel/irreverent while Mick is the opportunist/sold to the business/submissive to the System/hypocrite

I am bored to tears of this crap story.

(By the way, they are by now dodging the biggest riks at their age: become a diva...they only have big egos but they do not act as divas..
Anyhow, I personally would not trust in any of this pair of crafty millonaires survivors for a minute..., at a personal level I mean...).

Re: Mick Jagger to play in front of B. Obama on the 21st of Feb
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 15, 2012 11:33

Glam Descendant
Reporter: "Beatles or Stones?"

Obama: "Stones"

thumbs up
I like the guy, he disappointed a lot (he still gives the impression he works for the upper 1%, not for the 99%) but he's got style.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: February 15, 2012 12:20

Will some of you be watching Mick's performance on the 21st of February and do some of you refuse to watch it because the band is not together ?

If I could, I would but I live in France so no chance...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 12:23 by jpasc95.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 15, 2012 13:35

The responses here are so incoherent that I'm guessing that some have resorted to name-calling...can't really t ell, it seems to be written in a foreign language...yawn...

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 15, 2012 14:14

jpasc95
Will some of you be watching Mick's performance on the 21st of February and do some of you refuse to watch it because the band is not together ?

If I could, I would but I live in France so no chance...

the original story said it would be streamed live from the white house.

i can't find anything yet about the broadcast on whitehouse dot gov but
their live streaming feature seems to be enabled for foreigners like me.

plus they seem to archive their broadcasts for later viewing.

still, if anybody's got an easy way to capture a stream, maybe you can let us know.

but anyway it should be all over youtube quickly, i imagine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 14:16 by superrevvy.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 15, 2012 14:15

mickschix
The responses here are so incoherent that I'm guessing that some have resorted to name-calling...can't really t ell, it seems to be written in a foreign language...yawn...

The Tower of Babel I believe...........

Maybe you want one of these....lol...or maybe not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 14:20 by EddieByword.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:20

I've tried the WH live streaming for other events and it's hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Worth a try, though.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: February 15, 2012 15:33

Right, USA only place with racism.

Date: February 15, 2012 15:54

Very funny, Eddie!!

Date: February 15, 2012 16:20

mickschix
Very funny, Eddie!!

Thanks.....if you're not familiar the Babel fish features in the brilliant books and TV series (& off shoot film) 'The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' by the late Douglas Adams..........[en.wikipedia.org] .....I remember it as an english cult series but maybe it made it stateside......

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 15, 2012 16:46

I can't in good conscience start a thread on this, so since i got to put
it somewhere, i'll put it here:

The official word from the rihanna camp is that she will unexpectedly drop
a new single this week with a featured artist "that will shock the world".

besides the obvious possibility of chris brown, i am amazed to see that
speculation on the rihanna message board has turned to mick jagger!

y'all better hope that that does not happen, because if it does, aye yi yi,
will i be unsufferable! i mean, even more than usual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 17:22 by superrevvy.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:19

This competition - Mick plays the blues here, Keith plays the blues out there - is so out of place! They are not a horses at the races.
Btw, it is hard to miss - a lot more people protesting Jagger appearence without Richards at the White House than Richards without Mick in Apollo.
I wonder, why is so?

I do not know, probably the two performances separately from each other was an accident. But the reluctance and even inability to be together on one stage speaks for itself.

Date: February 15, 2012 17:21

No, EDDIE, I'm not familiar with it but now I'll be sure to check it out because I laughed out loud!! So appropriate for the stuff that goes on here!! You can't take it seriously, really. This is supposed to be fun!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:56

proudmary
I do not know, probably the two performances separately from each other was an accident. But the reluctance and even inability to be together on one stage speaks for itself.
and you know it's an inability because....?
maybe they aren't on stage together at these events because they're saving it for a ROLLING STONES concert? you know, they ARE in a band together. They're allowed to do other things separately. They've been doing that for decades and decades.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 15, 2012 17:59

proudmary
This competition - Mick plays the blues here, Keith plays the blues out there - is so out of place! They are not a horses at the races.
Btw, it is hard to miss - a lot more people protesting Jagger appearence without Richards at the White House than Richards without Mick in Apollo.
I wonder, why is so?

Could it be that the old men splitted the duties? Probaly both gigs were known quite a long in advance, and they decided: "you go there, and I go here, okay?". It could be that Beck and Clapton made some similar decision (or they refused from the other gig.)

Like I said in that other thread, I find odd this strange demand that Mick and Keith should always perform together. Like having one is not good enough. It is the individuals there, not The Rolling Stones performing in neither of these occasions.

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 15, 2012 18:02

GumbootCloggeroo
proudmary
and you know it's an inability because....?
maybe they aren't on stage together at these events because they're saving it for a ROLLING STONES concert? you know, they ARE in a band together. They're allowed to do other things separately. They've been doing that for decades and decades.

Exactly - I think they don't waste that thrill in any 'lesser' occasion - especially now when the big celebration is fronting us....

- Doxa

Date: February 15, 2012 18:17

mickschix
No, EDDIE, I'm not familiar with it but now I'll be sure to check it out because I laughed out loud!! So appropriate for the stuff that goes on here!! You can't take it seriously, really. This is supposed to be fun!

If you do I highly recommend the TV series over the film.....(although that's not the worst re-make I've seen)....they're both on youtube...to get the series google 'original TV Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy youtube'....the TV clips will always have in brackets (episode 1 part 1)...(for example).....as below.....enjoy....

...the film clip have in brackets just (part 1) ...............to get the film - when you google just leave off the 'original TV' bit,

"This is supposed to be fun" .. thumbs upeye rolling smiley

Couldn't resist but to put episode 1 part 2 on as well..........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 22:28 by EddieByword.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 15, 2012 19:34

Doxa
proudmary
I wonder, why is so?

Could it be that the old men splitted the duties? Probaly both gigs were known quite a long in advance, and they decided: "you go there, and I go here, okay?". It could be that Beck and Clapton made some similar decision (or they refused from the other gig.)

Like I said in that other thread, I find odd this strange demand that Mick and Keith should always perform together. Like having one is not good enough. It is the individuals there, not The Rolling Stones performing in neither of these occasions.

- Doxa

Perhaps the proximity of these concerts and the fact that both are a dedication to the blues leads me to these thoughts.
Okay, maybe I'm getting sentimental - but I would be happy to see them together at Apollo.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2012 19:41

proudmary
Doxa
proudmary
I wonder, why is so?

- Doxa

Perhaps the proximity of these concerts and the fact that both are a dedication to the blues leads me to these thoughts.
Okay, maybe I'm getting sentimental - but I would be happy to see them together at Apollo.
I think your Proudmary. Their is logical reason tehy both couldn't play together at one or both of the events. They started teh Rolling Stones as a blues band. What better way to celebrate their 50th than playing 2 different blues tributes together?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:05

I guess the obvious thought would be that while Mick would be welcome at the Hubert Sumlin memorial show, Keith might not be welcome at the White House.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2012 20:13

Rocky Dijon
I guess the obvious thought would be that while Mick would be welcome at the Hubert Sumlin memorial show, Keith might not be welcome at the White House.
Why not, they've had gangata rappers their before haven't they? Keith is amodel citizen compared to some of the people that have been through there.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home