Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Liam Gallagher new solo album
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 30, 2019 08:19

Liam never disappoints!!
[youtu.be]

Re: OT: Liam Gallagher new solo album
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 30, 2019 10:10

Liam’s solo albums are better than Noel’s (at least the last two)

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 30, 2019 10:28

I’m sorry but that is awful.

Date: July 30, 2019 12:10

Pretty good.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 30, 2019 12:21

Yawn

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 30, 2019 12:35

TornAndFried
Yawn

I wouldn't knock it so readily.
Liam will do lots of PR and it will probably go to No 1.in the UK at least.
They aren't my taste but both of the two brothers have enjoyed good success as solo artists, perhaps to the surprise of many.
Can you say the same about many other former band members? (And those who do the occasional solo stuff like Mick and Keith who are still in their current band).

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 30, 2019 12:46

Put up the two first singles mate, they're great! Shockwave and The River are the bo**ox! Sound almost like Oasis. Although I gotta say the best post-Oasis stuff is BE, Beady Eye's second album, that was the Exile of theirs, (although without Noel).smileys with beer

Date: July 30, 2019 14:54

MadMax
Put up the two first singles mate, they're great! Shockwave and The River are the bo**ox! Sound almost like Oasis. Although I gotta say the best post-Oasis stuff is BE, Beady Eye's second album, that was the Exile of theirs, (although without Noel).smileys with beer

thumbs up

Date: July 30, 2019 15:11

i love the brothers solo stuff

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2019 20:04

Sounds like a parody of a caricature of a band that was once pretty darn good.

I loved the first two Oasis albums when they were released, but nothing since has come close to those.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 30, 2019 20:13

Shockwave is great, IMHO better than anything from his first solo album, which wasn't bad by any means! Looking forward to hearing the entire album.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: July 30, 2019 21:26

haven't been interested since 1997 when that 3rd overblown album came out-

it takes Liam and 3-4 guys to write his lame/derivative songs - at least Noel (for the most part) writes his lame/derivative songs on his own...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:17

Not really familiar with any of the solo materials but was a huge fan of the first two Oasis albums.
Saw them in Vancouver twice, around 98 and 08, not very energetic on stage. Liam is opening for The Who this fall so it'll be good to hear him again. One of those artists who I probably wouldn't pay to see as a headliner but glad they're an opening act for someone else.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:41

Hairball

I loved the first two Oasis albums when they were released, but nothing since has come close to those.

I saw Oasis live twice and though I liked their music, they weren't especially visual live. Noel concentrated on playing and Liam swore a lot. He was as pissed as a fart at the 1st show, in 2000. Decent, bordering on professional 2nd time, in 2009,6 weeks before they split. But in truth their 15 year chart career rode on the back of those blistering 1st 2 albums, which they never came close to equalling in the next 5.

I've seen each brother performing separately in the last 2 years, Noel supporting U2 and Liam the Stones at London 1, after he refused point blank to play Old Trafford.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:56

never liked liam or his brother, they formed one hell of a monotonous sounding band in the 90,s who were very overrated. got to big for their boots, thought they were actually one of the best bands ever, they had no modesty, oasis done nothing for me, couple of good songs thats it, as people noel and liam are and always were basically @~>(holes.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 31, 2019 01:59

Saw Oasis in 95 supporting REM Slane Castle and in Cork 96 on the what’s the story tour. They were excellent both times, I never went to see them again as it was never as big as was at that time. Music changed and the world. But those first two albums and the b sides on those singles were brilliant. Arguably one of the greatest singles run of any band ever.

Enjoyed Liam last year @ the stones gig, nice to see Bonehead there also.
I was on the fence with the who gig here in Van, but Liam supporting pushed me over the edge. Among the great voices in rock n roll. Lifted bits of other singers but made it all his own.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 31, 2019 02:33

buttons67
never liked liam or his brother, they formed one hell of a monotonous sounding band in the 90,s who were very overrated. got to big for their boots, thought they were actually one of the best bands ever, they had no modesty, oasis done nothing for me, couple of good songs thats it, as people noel and liam are and always were basically @~>(holes.

Noel's next visit to Scotland could be interesting after a recent idiotic remark about the place. Not least because his wife's a Scot!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 31, 2019 02:42

The 3 songs released so far from Liam's forthcoming album are very good IMO.

Noel's 3 solo albums are also very good IMO.

There has not been any great rock and roll albums in the last 10 yrs that
have been impressive IMO.

Liam and Noel are two of the last great younger rock stars that we have and I
hope they continue to make good music.

Date: July 31, 2019 04:03

grzegorz67
Hairball

I saw Oasis live twice and though I liked their music, they weren't especially visual live. Noel concentrated on playing and Liam swore a lot. He was as pissed as a fart at the 1st show, in 2000. Decent, bordering on professional 2nd time, in 2009,6 weeks before they split. But in truth their 15 year chart career rode on the back of those blistering 1st 2 albums, which they never came close to equalling in the next 5.

I've seen each brother performing separately in the last 2 years, Noel supporting U2 and Liam the Stones at London 1, after he refused point blank to play Old Trafford.

Haha - Liam has always had a sense of humour, and I used to enjoy reading Oasis interviews just because of him, but even that seems a bit contrived after all these years.
I had 4th row tickets to see them in '95 or '96 in L.A. when they were peaking, but the show was cancelled just hours before they were to take the stage - a tough pill to swallow at the time.
I eventually saw them in 2001 co-headlining w/The Black Crowes during The Tour of Brotherly Love, but by then they had a different lineup and their two previous albums left alot to be desired.
They were OK live, but they were already spiraling downwards towards being obsolete. And have to say, the Black Crowes weren't that great live either - could have been the sound mix, the fact they were way too loud, or simply they were crap...or all of the above.

Date: July 31, 2019 08:12

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 31, 2019 08:30

Both Definitely Maybe and (What’s The Story?) Morning Glory are seminal releasss. Noel had stockpiled around 30 songs prior to the recording of their debut and these tracks largely made-up these first two albums and the assorted B-Sides. The impact these two albums had in the U.K. music scene is immeasurable. The third album, Be Here Now, is a bloated mess, but still retains some charm. The lead-single from this album, All Around The World, is in fact, one of those early tracks that Noel had prior to the recording of Definitely Maybe.

I know this thread is really supposed to be about Liam’s latest, so I’ll finish by adding that I thought his debut to be Ok, if not a little generic. Noel’s High Flying Birds on the other hand? Well, they’re something special. I love all three albums released so far.

Date: July 31, 2019 08:42

I bought all the vinyl singles (some of them 12") from Definitely Maybe and What's the Story when released, and all of the B-side originals are essential.
I think most if not all were released later on the Masterplan compilation, but they really should have been used for a third album proper instead of the mess of Be Here Now.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 31, 2019 11:50

buttons wrote: "as people noel and liam are and always were basically @~>(holes."

You wouldn't think so if you met them mate. I've met them on numerous occasions both in the US and Europe and they've always been Amazing and taken their time with me and other "mortal" people, the nicest you could ever meet. My favourite moment was in Cinncinnati in march 2006 when Liam (with each pocket in his leather jacket stuffed with a can of Guinness) and Zak Starkey surprised me at the hotel desk and Liam paid for my hotel room. I had insisted to pay his pasta in Milwaukee a couple of Days earlier so he got out his wallet for my 2-night stay in the Ohio metropol. That is class!!!

Although I gotta say Liam's first solo record is not very good, I hope the 2nd will be better, it certainly sounds like it from hearing the first two "youtube singles".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-31 11:52 by MadMax.

Date: July 31, 2019 12:43

cowboytoast
haven't been interested since 1997 when that 3rd overblown album came out-

it takes Liam and 3-4 guys to write his lame/derivative songs - at least Noel (for the most part) writes his lame/derivative songs on his own...

What does that even mean? He writes with some other guys? So that's no good?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 1, 2019 08:28

Hairball
I bought all the vinyl singles (some of them 12") from Definitely Maybe and What's the Story when released, and all of the B-side originals are essential.
I think most if not all were released later on the Masterplan compilation, but they really should have been used for a third album proper instead of the mess of Be Here Now.

There are enough terrific B-Sides from the 1995-97 era to warrant a follow-up to The Masterplan. It didn’t happen, obviously. The Fame, Flashbax, Step Out, It’s Gettinf Better People, etc.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 1, 2019 09:42

Hairball

I loved the “late night vibe” some of the b sides from that era had.

Dyer wanna be a space man
Talk tonight
Rocking chair
Take me away
Half the world away
Talk tonight
It’s better people.

I spent a lot of time listening to this back in the day...

Date: August 1, 2019 10:14

Yes Paddy all are great, and even after all these years Rockin' Chair is a favorite of mine that still resonates...

"I'm older than I wish to be
This town holds no more for me
All my life I try to find another way..."

Every other year or so, I go on a massive Oasis binge and revisit all those old tunes until I get sick of them all again lol...hard to believe it was 25 years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 10:16 by Hairball.

Date: August 1, 2019 15:14

Date: August 1, 2019 16:10

MadMax
buttons wrote: "as people noel and liam are and always were basically @~>(holes."

You wouldn't think so if you met them mate. I've met them on numerous occasions both in the US and Europe and they've always been Amazing and taken their time with me and other "mortal" people, the nicest you could ever meet. My favourite moment was in Cinncinnati in march 2006 when Liam (with each pocket in his leather jacket stuffed with a can of Guinness) and Zak Starkey surprised me at the hotel desk and Liam paid for my hotel room. I had insisted to pay his pasta in Milwaukee a couple of Days earlier so he got out his wallet for my 2-night stay in the Ohio metropol. That is class!!!

Although I gotta say Liam's first solo record is not very good, I hope the 2nd will be better, it certainly sounds like it from hearing the first two "youtube singles".

I know 2 people who have met them in the DC area and both have said they are actually very nice. my guess is this is partly an act that they are miserable and are actually very friendly people who just as brothers don't agree on a lot

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 16:14

I've seen videos of them both interacting with fans, and they're both very nice and chatty...never would have expected it given their public personae, but good for them.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home