Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Van Halen - If You Can't Rock Me - 1976
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 6, 2012 08:00

a short piece of it, anyway - they were still, in many ways a bar/cover band then - interesting (I think) that they'd play this - anyone have any more of it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 09:01 by hbwriter.

Re: Van Halen - If You Can't Rock Me - 1976
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 6, 2012 08:36

Sad to see you cant take a suggestion without getting your panties in a bind, over and over.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:38

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
"please dont get all whiney, I am not looking for a fight"

funny the way that is phrased - that said in many a bar would probably get your lights punched out smiling smiley

and i thought it was interesting - but hey, thanks for sage advice - seriously - I didn't realize how weak it was until you pointed it out.

typical reply from you.... oh well.

well, you make it easy, what can I say? you want to get your insulting shot in without getting a response - maybe it's time to man up and take what you dish out (for once)

So you want the IORR policy to be post a new thread for every video we ever see, do you think that will make IORR a better place?

No, i never said that - oh wait - you're going to report me for it anyway, right? To me it's a relevant relic with a Stones connection so it's interesting and might generate some sort of discussion - maybe/maybe not. But here's a tip: ignore it if it bothers you- the upside is, it will allow you to spend more time on the ever-so-vital "I Hate SUVs" thread.

I will never understand people here that feel the need to simply post with rude lectures rather than just ignore things altogether (if they have NOTHING constructive to add)

lastly - there are plenty of posts like this - here's a recent (and interesting one) [www.iorr.org]
Do you take issue with them? No. But because it's me posting, I guess that warrants your intense focus - lucky me

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 08:44 by hbwriter.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: February 6, 2012 08:43

Thanks for this clip, this is indeed what this forum is for,
Max please dont look at it if you dont like it dont spoil it for the rest of us with your negativity.You are really embarrising and rude.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:45

Thank you, Michel - and doubledoor- I have no idea what this person's problem but it's his to deal with

"please dont get all whiney, I am not looking for a fight..." - charming

Date: February 6, 2012 08:46

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

funny the way that is phrased - that said in many a bar would probably get your lights punched out smiling smiley

and i thought it was interesting - but hey, thanks for sage advice - seriously - I didn't realize how weak it was until you pointed it out.

well, you make it easy, what can I say? you want to get your insulting shot in without getting a response - maybe it's time to man up and take what you dish out (for once)

So you want the IORR policy to be post a new thread for every video we ever see, do you think that will make IORR a better place?

No, i never said that - oh wait - you're going to report me for it anyway, right? To me it's a relevant relic with a Stones connection so it's interesting and might generate some sort of discussion - maybe/maybe not. But here's a tip: ignore it if it bothers you- the upside is, it will allow you to spend more time on the ever-so-vital "I Hate SUVs" thread.

over and over you, the same M.O.

Did you even watch your own posted video? It is mostly DLR talking and then about 10 seconds of a VERY poorly played Stones cover. I would have thought a supposed "music critic" would realize it NOT worthy of posting.... unless of course you are one of these "paid to post" people who are hyping the "artist of the month"... in this case VanHalen.

Hmmmmm.... was that part of your deal to get into a private show?
You agreeed to pimp the band on boards you post to?.... that would explain a lot.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:46

Max'sKansasCity
Sad to see you cant take a suggestion without getting your panties in a bind, over and over.

a "suggestion" - *right* -

Date: February 6, 2012 08:51

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity

a "suggestion" - *right* -

Listen to your video again... it is garbage and anyone thanking you for posting it, did not listen to it.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:53

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

Did you even watch your own posted video? It is mostly DLR talking and then about 10 seconds of a VERY poorly played Stones cover. I would have thought a supposed "music critic" would realize it NOT worthy of posting.... unless of course you are one of these "paid to post" people who are hyping the "artist of the month"... in this case VanHalen.

You agreeed to pimp the band on boards you post to?.... that would explain a lot.

I did watch it and I liked the bit I heard - that's why I posted it - and uh, yeah, you guessed it - wow, I feel so silly - I am one of those "paid to post" people - wow - you caught me - I mean, Van Halen needed a boost so I said "Boys, I'll handle it - just let me into the show and I'll get you TONS of play in IORR."

What you just wrote may be the single lamest, stupidest thing I have ever read here - and that is saying a lot - you seem really bitter and a bit jealous - (and i was invited by the band as a personal guest - sorry if that makes you crazier)

A warning - you should watch it with personal slander based on your own delusional point of view - you are entitled to your own (warped) opinions - not your own facts

Date: February 6, 2012 08:54

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

I did watch it and I liked the bit I heard - that's why I posted it - and uh, yeah, you guessed it - wow, I feel so silly - I am one of those "paid to post" people - wow - you caught me - I mean, Van Halen needed a boost so I said "Boys, I'll handle it - just let me into the show and I'll get you TONS of play in IORR."

What you just wrote may be the single lamest, stupidest thing I have ever read here - and that is saying a lot - you seem really bitter and a bit jealous - (and i was invited by the band as a personal guest - sorry if that makes you crazier)

A warning - you should watch it with personal slander based on your own delusional point of view - you are entitled to your own (warped) opinions - not your own facts

Uh, I asked a question..... you didnt answer it.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:55

Or maybe you did..... are you are a paid poster?

Date: February 6, 2012 08:57

You're that dim?

"What you just wrote may be the single lamest, stupidest thing I have ever read here - and that is saying a lot"

so in other words- No -

But I'll ask you - are paid to post slanderous, suggestive lies about people here? A simple yes or no will do.

Date: February 6, 2012 08:58

oh - wait - a check for a million dollars from Van Halen - with a note! "Dear Chris - THANKS for helping us out with IORR - we owe ya!"

Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 09:00 by hbwriter.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:03

hbwriter
You're that dim?

"What you just wrote may be the single lamest, stupidest thing I have ever read here - and that is saying a lot"

so in other words- No -

But I'll ask you - are paid to post slanderous, suggestive lies about people here? A simple yes or no will do.

hbwriter
oh - wait - a check for a million dollars from Van Halen - with a note! "Dear Chris - THANKS for helping us out with IORR - we owe ya!"

Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang
smiling smiley

I will state for a fact that I am not paid, in any way, for anything I ever post.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:05

Reread the thread..... who was name calling, making personal insults?

Date: February 6, 2012 09:11

I never called you a name - please cite what you are referring to - and if you are insulted by me calling your comment stupid - tough - I should just let you make up slanderous things here?

YOU started this discussion with

"please dont get all whiney, I am not looking for a fight, Im just saying, that is a pretty weak clip"

YOU started this with that crack - again, if you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place- and then you make a bizarre personal accusation about me that suggests I might be getting "paid" by Van Halen to post here to help promote them? Because I posted a video of them playing part of a Stones tune? Are you serious?

Oh, and you insulted the other people that commented here.

I get that you're looking to bait me - my bad for answering you in the first place - that said, I hope a lot of people read this thread now because it says way more about you than me.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 09:18 by hbwriter.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:18

hbwriter
I never called you a name - and you started this discussion with

"please dont get all whiney, I am not looking for a fight, Im just saying, that is a pretty weak clip"

YOU started this with that crack - again, if you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place- and then you make a bizarre personal accusation about me that suggest I might be getting "paid" to post here? Are you serious?

What do mean about not being able to take it? Huh?...anyway.... I wonder..... how many more Van Halen threads do you plan on starting? What is this now, your 4rd or 5th?

For your next threads would mind finding better source material, please.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:20

hbwriter
I never called you a name - please cite what you are referring to - and if you are insulted by me calling your comment stupid - tough - I should just let you make up slanderous things here?

YOU started this discussion with

YOU started this with that crack - again, if you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place- and then you make a bizarre personal accusation about me that suggests I might be getting "paid" by Van Halen to post here to help promote them? Because I posted a video of them playing part of a Stones tune? Are you serious?

Oh, and you insulted the other people that commented here.

I get that you're looking to bait me - my bad for answering you in the first place - that said, I hope a lot of people read this thread now because it says way more about you than me.

Okey dokey

Date: February 6, 2012 09:25

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

YOU started this with that crack - again, if you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place- and then you make a bizarre personal accusation about me that suggest I might be getting "paid" to post here? Are you serious?

What do mean about not being able to take it? Huh?...anyway.... I wonder..... how many more Van Halen threads do you plan on starting? What is this now, your 4rd or 5th?

Well, since you've appointed yourself "johnny thread police" why not go look it up? This was my SECOND Van Halen thread - EVER - do you care ANYTHING about facts? Do you just make things up and run and hide behind the anonymity of the internet?

(My "4rd"?)

And thanks but no thanks - I will not be clearing my threads with you. But like I said, you have illustrated something very interesting for the record here that I hope others get to read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 09:32 by hbwriter.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:31

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

Well, since you've appointed yourself "johnny thread police" why not go look it up? This was my SECOND Van Halen thread - EVER - do you care ANYTHING about facts? Do you just make things up and run and hide behind the anonymity of the internet?

(My "4rd"?)

And thanks but no thanks - I will not be clearing my threads with you.

run and hide? cant take it? what in the world are you talking about? I am right here.

yawn..... anyway....

Date: February 6, 2012 09:34

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

(My "4rd"?)

run and hide? cant take it? what in the world are you talking about? I am right here.

yawn..... anyway....

Well then - why did you suggest something so preposterous, that I am getting paid by Van Halen to post here? And why did you exaggerate like you did by saying it was my 4th or 5th VH thread?? And why did you start this entire discussion in such a condescending manner?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 09:36 by hbwriter.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:40

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

(My "4rd"?)

yawn..... anyway....

Well then - why did you suggest something so preposterous? And why did you exaggerate like you did? And why did you start this entire discussion in such a condescending manner?

Because in my opinion the video does not warrant its own thread, so I made a suggestion.

Paid to post is quite common these days, it is not preposterous at all, I asked you and you get defensive..... what are we supposed to think?

Date: February 6, 2012 09:41

I asked you to not get whiney.... but ...well it is what it is....

yawn..... bored here... /done for now

Date: February 6, 2012 09:43

yeah, typical troll behavior - bait someone - then complain when they answer back and then act clueless

and if you really think I am *paid to post by van halen* - well, a question like that is just as loaded than "when did you stop beating your wife?" and you know it -

it was personally insulting, as you intended it - and bizarre, to boot - but at least it's in print now

--oh, and was this really my 4th or 5th Van Halen post? You ignored that lie of yours -

lesson learned - you got what you wanted - some attention -

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 09:49 by hbwriter.

Date: February 6, 2012 09:51

hbwriter
yeah, typical troll behavior - bait someone - then complain when they answer back and act clueless

And now and more name calling and getting personal? really?

Note- I did no editing to my posts

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 6, 2012 09:52

Never mind, HB, it's not worth it. Is this from a club or one of those what they used to call "the beer and Bong circuit" (meaning backyard parties)?
Mind you if this was Springsteen or the Clash playing a snippet of IYCRM, some people would be dancing around their tables and giving you laurel leaves.

Date: February 6, 2012 10:07

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
yeah, typical troll behavior - bait someone - then complain when they answer back and act clueless

No _ I am just calling you out for what you are acting like - a troublemaker that is looking for an argument, and making things up - and hey, you didn't answer - "4 or 5 VH threads" ? how about that, huh? sort of blows your "paid poster" theory, huh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-06 10:10 by hbwriter.

Date: February 6, 2012 10:08

tomk
Never mind, HB, it's not worth it. Is this from a club or one of those what they used to call "the beer and Bong circuit" (meaning backyard parties)?
Mind you if this was Springsteen or the Clash playing a snippet of IYCRM, some people would be dancing around their tables and giving you laurel leaves.

smiling smiley

This is a gig at a hotel - though in '74, the year the song came out - they played it once at Gazzarri's on Sunset Strip

Date: February 6, 2012 10:11

hbwriter
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

No _ I am just calling you out for what you are acting like - a troll that is looking for an argument. and hey, you didn't answer - "4 or 5 VH threads" ? how about that, huh? sort of blows your clueless "paid poster" theory, huh?

whaaa whaaaaa... poor poor persecuted you... must suck to be you, eh?

Should we start getting nasty here bud? huh? I have been being polite.

Date: February 6, 2012 10:12

TomK--another version of If You Can't Rock Me smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1248
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home