Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

We piss anywhere man! - Stones urinals cause offence in Germany
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:01

Feminists in Germany are outraged at Rolling Stones' tongue shaped urinals saying they represent misogyny. Fantastic stuff and great to see the band can still whip up controversy.

[www.metro.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 10:03 by Silver Dagger.

Re: We piss anywhere man! - Stones urinals cause offence in Germany
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:04

I don't understand the misogynistic claim -- isn't it based on Mick's mouth?

Date: February 2, 2012 10:25

Glam Descendant

I never thought of it as a woman's mouth either. And yes, I always thought the lips were based on Mick's.

Date: February 2, 2012 13:11

The same ones can be found in a bar/club lurking beneath the Abracadabra restaurant in Jermyn Street here in London. There is also a drinking tap in a similar design, will post a couple of photos if I can locate them.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 2, 2012 13:24

Silver Dagger
Glam Descendant

I never thought of it as a woman's mouth either. And yes, I always thought the lips were based on Mick's.

Maybe that's the problem, maybe they thought it should have been a woman's mouth and not Mick's......and to them therein lies the perceived misogyny..."Hey what's wrong with us ? you women hating CSers!!!!".............

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 13:27 by EddieByword.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 2, 2012 13:29

Silver Dagger

So did I .It's based on Mick's mouth .
but be cautious :there are teeth into those mouths smoking smiley

It has already been posted here :

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: February 2, 2012 13:31

They have them in Belushi's in Shepherds Bush as well. At least they did 2 years ago. I have a photo at home too that I'll dig out...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 13:34 by tattooyou.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 2, 2012 13:32

That's too bad. Seems like political correctness has spread everywhere. I would of never thought this urinal is symbolic of pissing in a womans mouth. Maybe the problem here is why someone would have that thought. Especially in a Stones Museum, come on! That's the perfect place for it.

Date: February 2, 2012 13:33

Reminds me of a story Johnny Rotten recounted in his autobiograhphy about a time he went to a transvestite bar/brothel in Atlanta....he decided to pay for a certain pleasure but couldn't rise to the occasion so pi$$ed in the guys mouth instead ...he got banned....grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 13:40 by EddieByword.

Date: February 2, 2012 13:34

I thought Germany doesn't whine...

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 2, 2012 14:48

U don't understand why there offending women women shoukd not be in the mens bathriim.

Date: February 2, 2012 14:56

EddieByword
Reminds me of a story Johnny Rotten recounted in his autobiograhphy about a time he went to a transvestite bar/brothel in Atlanta....he decided to pay for a certain pleasure but couldn't rise to the occasion so pi$$ed in the guys mouth instead ...he got banned....grinning smiley

Never knew Mr Rotten enjoyed the lip service of men!

Date: February 2, 2012 14:57

steel driving hammer
I thought Germany doesn't whine...

No, they have some fantastic Mosels there! Can't remember the names right now but well worth trying to find. Prost!

Date: February 2, 2012 15:07

Silver Dagger
EddieByword

Never knew Mr Rotten enjoyed the lip service of men!

Well ultimately he didn't (even though they were 'good looking gals') as he couldn't get it up....

I think the gist of the story was that they were completely bored and pissed off with an overly macho and uptight Atlanta...somebody mentioned this club and they thought "well anythings better than all these "John Waynes" threatening to beat everybody up for breathing too heavily or looking at them 'funny'.........so went out there just for a 'larf'...but that didn't work either....i know he lives there now but at that point he couldn't wait to get out of Uncle Sam's......despite that he got stranded in LA without a passport and $20 to his name......

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 2, 2012 16:04

Rolling Stones Logo Designer Critiques the Urinals

“It must be great just walking into the toilet and being faced with Mick Jagger’s mouth!” That’s the opinion of graphic designer John Pasche, speaking to Hive from his home in England.
Speaking on the logo’s original intent, Pasche says that after meeting with Jagger he was inspired by the lead singer’s lips and mouth. This was back in the early ’70s; the logo was meant to be “a protest symbol and have an anti-authority feel to it really, so that it would work well with them being the bad boys of rock and roll,” Pasche explains. The large, lascivious tongue is key to the design’s intent — without it the symbolism changes “absolutely” as the tongue adds the “attitude to the logo and makes it a lot more in your face and not just about this pair of lips.
Pache says that they could have went a step further in updating the functionality of the design. “It’s quite outrageous,” he says. “They could have also hinged the mouth of the toilet so it could also close in on you.” Even without that mechanical update though, patrons in Luechow are about to experience a whole new way of getting some sanitary satisfaction.

[read.mtvhive.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home