Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Australia 73 - Is there a chance at better audio quality?
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 18:52

With all this talk about Brussels and now Hampton being the peak of Live Stones boots, I wondered if there is any chance of the Australia 73 shows ever being 'cleaned up' for wider release, even on boot.
Those shows remain, for me, the pinnacle of Live Stones. They were on fire on those shows: juiced up from the 72 shows, the band was tight, really tight and Keith was just amazing, Taylor was his usual brilliant self and Jagger was singing songs. It might have had something to do with the fact the tour was brief....because there is little burnout factor here.
This is my favorite Stones tour in terms of performance. Not as slick as Brussels and not as frenetic as 72 - just the perfect balance. One of the things that makes it my favorite is the audio quality - it sounds like it was recorded by someone sitting in the front row, so it has that outdoor concert feel but with an almost club-like intimacy. Problem is, I figure that kind of audio is not going to be popular with most fans - not slick enough...
Is there any chance or hope that these shows can some day be properly mixed in a quality that merits a release - even on a boot.
Because performance-wise, Aus 73 was the best.

Re: Australia 73 - Is there a chance at better audio quality?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 1, 2012 18:55

hope springs eternal. so, hope for a spring release.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: February 1, 2012 19:05

stupidguy2
With all this talk about Brussels and now Hampton being the peak of Live Stones boots, I wondered if there is any chance of the Australia 73 shows ever being 'cleaned up' for wider release, even on boot.
Those shows remain, for me, the pinnacle of Live Stones. They were on fire on those shows: juiced up from the 72 shows, the band was tight, really tight and Keith was just amazing, Taylor was his usual brilliant self and Jagger was singing songs. It might have had something to do with the fact the tour was brief....because there is little burnout factor here.
This is my favorite Stones tour in terms of performance. Not as slick as Brussels and not as frenetic as 72 - just the perfect balance. One of the things that makes it my favorite is the audio quality - it sounds like it was recorded by someone sitting in the front row, so it has that outdoor concert feel but with an almost club-like intimacy. Problem is, I figure that kind of audio is not going to be popular with most fans - not slick enough...
Is there any chance or hope that these shows can some day be properly mixed in a quality that merits a release - even on a boot.
Because performance-wise, Aus 73 was the best.

a great post!!

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 1, 2012 20:14

I think they are gonna remaster only shows that are quite good already, most likely Wembley 7/7/90 will be next.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 1, 2012 20:58

there are more than a few 73 aussie shows that are traded and they are all pretty listenable and all damn exciting...to me anyway......perth syndey and melbourne shows

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2012 20:59

If they're ONLY doing six shows, I wouldnt expect them to release two from the same year.

If it's an ongoing venture extending indefinitely, then there's no reason why not.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:15

I didn't mean as an official release - just because of the audio quality, but I would love to have these show in improved quality. Sometimes it even sounds like mono......but the energy is fantastic in these shows.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:21

If only four more, let's have 1967, 1975, 1994, and 2007...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2388
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home