Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - Shhhhh... (secret revealed) (now with video and article)
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 3, 2012 02:06

Thanks for the feed.
Damn it, the b*stards cancelled the European dates, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Dance The Night Away has to be one of the most underrated pop songs by a hard rock band ever, it has a killer melody and hook, one of my favs.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: February 3, 2012 02:17

Thanks hbwriter for sharing, and a great review!
Great to see EVH looking healthy and ready to rip!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 3, 2012 02:24

Some more video I shot - look how much fun these guys were having - it was really insane - loose, crazy and glorious

Re: OT - Shhhhh... (secret revealed) (now with video and article) NEW video
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 3, 2012 03:01

who's the old chinese bird on guitar ?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 3, 2012 11:04

It's Jimmy Page's younger sister! ;--P

Re: OT - Shhhhh... (secret revealed) (now with video)
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 3, 2012 14:54

BluzDude
VoodooLounge13
hbwriter
the new album is out in a few weeks - it's good, i've heard it

I'm referring to AC/DC not Van Halen......

They were but it was postponed because of illness, Johnson said in an interview back in October that after meeting with Malcom, they were ready to do it all over again (record & tour).

Thanks BluzDude! That's awesome to hear, but do we know who/what the illness is?? Hope it's nothing major and they're back at it in no time at all! Can't imagine the rock world without AC/DC!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 4, 2012 07:42

hbwriter
Some more video I shot - look how much fun these guys were having - it was really insane - loose, crazy and glorious

Geezdude, You on the VH payroll or what? They manged to get through a private,for rich folks only gig without killing each other. Yeah the early buzz on the new album is good. But Dave looks like an old drag queen and on any given day Eddie can fall apart at a moment's notice.Plus they really miss Michael. Don't get too crazy because you got an invite to a private gig. Let's see what paying customers have to say.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: February 4, 2012 08:53

Ac/Dc was only good with Bon scott!!!!!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 4, 2012 19:51

and van halen was only good with DLR smiling smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 4, 2012 20:28

Thank you HBwriter for sharing that video with us. I'm not a fan of VH but they look like they are have a lot of fun on stage; big smiles on their faces and they are very relax and well rehearsed it seems. I wish them luck because both David and Eddie are also very impredictable guys.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 4, 2012 20:43

Glad to see those boys having a good time. Eddie looks fine considering what he's been through, give him a break Andy. Great shot of Eddie's guitar hbwriter.

Did they introduce the whole band? If it was such a great show "the kid on bass" deserves a name as well as the drummer.

Thanks for the post but for my benefit can you do it with a bit less hype next time? btw: there is a VH thread with most of the tunes from the new record already here

[www.iorr.org]

peace

Re: OT - Shhhhh... (secret revealed)
Date: February 5, 2012 00:08

hbwriter
Welovetoplay-

man, nice guess! Tonight- my son and I saw Van Halen play an absolutely great greatest hits set - on a tiny stage at the old Chaplin Studios in Hollywood - for about 150 people - jaw-dropping - we were about 7 feet in front of Eddie the whole show -

more to come if anyone is interested - some nice video, etc - gonna go write a story about it and will share more later

Oh that is HILARIOUS! The guess of Van Halen seemed to make sense for whatever reason, I guess because they did a 'secret' show or whatever recently and I figured since you were a bit...secretive without any details it was a decent stab in the dark.

Really, truly, that's the first time I've been correct about something like that ever. That's really funny. Glad you enjoyed it! And without getting into any hubris about Michael Anthony not playing bass etc it still must've been pretty kick ass! DLR and Eddie on stage together? There's just some sort of cool sense to that, as goofy as they are.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home