Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
1981 Tour - what was your experience?
Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 20, 2019 10:18

I saw the Stones for the first time at age 15 in the summer of Chicago at the Stadium in July 1975; It changed my life.

In '78, with my best pal Ben, and still the biggest Stones fan I know... we traveled to Lexington and bought a wristband in front for $10 and then we leaned on the stage at Rupp Arena and watched Eddie Money and then we were closer than I'd ever been when they hit the stage ...playing "Let it Rock" but we didn't know that song and we looked at each other like, "whats this song?..WTF?!...who cares...wow, its great!..." a few songs later they played "Hound Dog" ...

Let It Rock
All Down the Line
Honky Tonk Women
Star Star
When the Whip Comes Down
Miss You
Lies
Beast of Burden
Shattered
Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love in Vain
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Hound Dog
Sweet Little Sixteen
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

... then we skipped going hone and we drove to Cleveland and it was so hot and humid I'll never forget that heat...and then we drove home to Chicago to see them again with all our high school buddies - the crush to get in the gates after sleeping in the parking lot over night was intense, easy to understand how those Who fans died...and when they played it cemented the '75 experience, I was hooked... line and sinker.

By'81 I'd moved to LA and when the tour hit So Cal I couldn't wait for LA so I snuck down and saw them in San Diego, then two shows in LA. ... I remember getting close to the front and the Moon rose through the turnstyle pillars behind the band and it was magical again... All I recall about Prince was he was an extra add on who was an unknown who showed up wearing what looked like Ladies Lingerie I recall, but when I google pics now I see him in an overcoat - maybe my memory is shot at almost 60..

The other thing I remember about 81 was how good Lonesome George and J Giels were.
Didnt really know either and by the time I saw them at a few shows I loved them, and still consider them the best warm up to The Stones I've seen.

After LA my job didn't matter, I was going to quit my job if I had to so I could drive to SF to see them at The Stick. Scored tix for both shows and arrived in the afternoon the day before the first show. Slept in the parking lot and woke up before dawn and snuck under the ropes to hide under a van by a gate. When the gate opened, after hours hiding under the van, we climbed out and were 20 yards in front of everyone sprinting to the gate and we were the first ones in the stadium. Problem was I'd developed pneumonia and I was sick as a dog, but I sprinted to the front of the stage and it was like Noon and the reality immediately set in that I had pneumonia and I wouldn't last in the crunch of front row, so I turned and we grabbed front row stadium seats at 3rd base and we watched the show from there. By that night I knew I couldn't do another show, so I sold the tickets to the second show and I headed home to recuperate.

A couple months later they added Phx and I scored tickets and headed to the desert. My friend tries to sneak a grinder full of Coke into the venue and the state trooper at the gate with mirrored sunglasses looked like the dude from Cool Hand Luke as he asked my buddy what that was after checking the bulge in his crotch... "Camera Lens" ... "Whats the WHite stuff?" "Its a cleaning solution but I dont need it anyomre"... so he emptied it one the ground and the cop somehow let us through after I probably talked him off...

We had seats half way up in the bleachers on the side ... but by the time Under My Thumb finished I was pretty close to the stage, Keiths side. They were so polished and good that afternoon, and the coeds they brought out for Honky Tonk were icing on the cake.

What a great tour ... I saw some great shows and unfortunately we had to wait until '89 to see them again.

Re: 1981 Tour - what was your experience?
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 20, 2019 10:30

Well one week in 81 I just had to see them as I missed ,,78. Got a bus package for Buffalo, Syracuse & Detroit. By time I got to Syracuse I was on Keith's side near stage, he gave me a wink. In Detroit near stadium a young guy was trying to sell many bootleg shirts. One guy came and ripped him off for many shirts. There was a crowd, there was his chance to take off. Felt bad for him.I got two hoping it would cheer him up, he was grateful. Was a great tour. Bus packages were the big thing in 80s and not expensive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 10:38 by babyblue.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2019 11:10

My first time seeing the Stones was at both of the L.A. Coliseum shows - fantastic!
The first show I was about 1/3 of the way back and 30 seats up, and for the second show I was down on the field about 30 people back from the stage.

Pics from the second show via L.A. Times and a few from Getty images:

And the tour poster and shirt both of which I still have (images via google search):

MizzAmandaJonez
All I recall about Prince was he was an extra add on who was an unknown who showed up wearing what looked like Ladies Lingerie I recall, but when I google pics now I see him in an overcoat - maybe my memory is shot at almost 60..

As for Prince and what he wore, those google pics you see might have been from the second show - a recent thread all about it:

High quality pictures of Prince opening for The Stones in 1981

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 11:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 20, 2019 17:53

My first Stones show, very exciting, very loud. St. Louis got only 1 arena show.

I'm not sure if the entire show was sold this way but was all mail order, so very lucky and random success. I remember they said they had a quarter million requests for 20,000 tickets.

Our arena had all glass doors at the time, many of which were busted soon as the show started, so many more got in free.

Kept all the newspaper reports, got one of the tour posters from our local rock radio station (K-SHE). Still got the ticket stub too.

Had horrible tickets but didn't care and roamed around a bit, got within about 20 feet from the side of the stage for the last 30 minutes or so.

Got some great pictures a friend of a friend took.

I'll have to dig out all that stuff and post it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 17:56 by kovach.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 20, 2019 18:06

Thanks Hairball- that shot of Keith wearing a sleeveless shirt reminds me of the image cemented in my mind when the moon started to rise over his shoulder through the Coliseum concrete turnstile pillars as he played. Can't recall the song but will never forget the image and how it was likely accented my my timing my buzz from drinking beers all day to right about that moment.

Seeing the pics of the size of the crowd and recalling those large stadium shows gets me excited to think this is on schedule to happen again, be it almost 40 years later and with them in their mid 70s. The phenomenon of the Rolling Stones is really quite amazing and most of us have been right in the thick of it in many ways, from the outside in, and on occasion from the inside out.

The PPV Hampton Roads show was also quite cool. I remember the back stage footage being the first glimpse ever into their world for me, and many years later meeting Freddy and remembering him from that footage and knowing his legendary status and friendship with Keith was surreal. He was the only reason I got into the Double Door show, but thats another thread and story in itself. I also remember how Keith and Lonesome George were trading some quick licks and then Keith seemed to do what we've seen him do a few times when people wore out their welcome in his presence, i.e. Axl Rose one time on stage I also recall being given the thumb, tried to find video links to those memories on You Tube but couldn't...but like many Stones memories as I approach my 60th BD, they're etched in my head.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 20, 2019 18:07

MIA. Missing In Action.
My mail orders came back NO,
spent 2-3 weeks 24/7 radio contest, I won, I picked up my tickets name on the radio my best gal pal RS freak gonna go with me CLOUD NINE
Day of show
No Go.
My mother took my tickets about 8 hours b4 showtime. Says sorry, too dangerous, or some other cataclysmic reason.
BF’s mother comes solo to my house, tells my ma she’s drama unfair, and demanded 1 ticket for her devastated daughter because I had promised.
Ma gave the ticket up.
She gave the other ticket to, get this, wait for it,
my 19 year old sister who TOOK IT. And WENT.
So my sister and BF (we never spoke again after. Ever.)
Sister and former BF
my 2 seats 1981 RS.
Guess I’m still a little sore typed all that!
Also my excuse for floor seats only$ here on out.
I hate 1981.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2019 18:53

Hit both shows in Seattle w J Geils Band (and Greg Kihn band replacing Prince)

Great shows that I had the pleasure of attending with my older brother (RIP) who had turned me on to the Stones at a very young age, and who I then turned on to J Geils Band.

My two favorite bands of all time ... pure bliss.
Both the Stones and Geils rocked the Kingdome, remember seeing a pic in the paper after the shows of Mick in semi-disguise riding the elevator down to catch the Geils set from the crowd. To this day, my favorite opening band of any Stones show I've been at.

Good times indeed.

Night 1
Under My Thumb-When the Whip Comes Down-Let's Spend the Night Together-Shattered- Neighbours- Black Limousine-Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)-Twenty Flight Rock-Let Me Go-Time Is on My Side-Beast of Burden-Waiting on a Friend-Let It Bleed-You Can't Always Get What You Want-Little T&A-Tumbling Dice-She's So Cold-All Down the Line-Hang Fire-Star Star-Miss You-Start Me Up-Honky Tonk Women-Brown Sugar-Jumpin' Jack Flash-(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:07

I never like this tour. The Buffalo show was terrible. of the 50 or so Stones shows i have seen this ranks last.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:08

35love
MIA. Missing In Action.
My mail orders came back NO,
spent 2-3 weeks 24/7 radio contest, I won, I picked up my tickets name on the radio my best gal pal RS freak gonna go with me CLOUD NINE
Day of show
No Go.
My mother took my tickets about 8 hours b4 showtime. Says sorry, too dangerous, or some other cataclysmic reason.
BF’s mother comes solo to my house, tells my ma she’s drama unfair, and demanded 1 ticket for her devastated daughter because I had promised.
Ma gave the ticket up.
She gave the other ticket to, get this, wait for it,
my 19 year old sister who TOOK IT. And WENT.
So my sister and BF (we never spoke again after. Ever.)

Sister and former BF
my 2 seats 1981 RS.
Guess I’m still a little sore typed all that!
Also my excuse for floor seats only$ here on out.
I hate 1981.

Ouch.

Date: April 20, 2019 19:13

MizzAmandaJonez
Thanks Hairball- that shot of Keith wearing a sleeveless shirt reminds me of the image cemented in my mind when the moon started to rise over his shoulder through the Coliseum concrete turnstile pillars as he played. Can't recall the song but will never forget the image and how it was likely accented my my timing my buzz from drinking beers all day to right about that moment.

Seeing the pics of the size of the crowd and recalling those large stadium shows gets me excited to think this is on schedule to happen again, be it almost 40 years later and with them in their mid 70s. The phenomenon of the Rolling Stones is really quite amazing and most of us have been right in the thick of it in many ways, from the outside in, and on occasion from the inside out.

The PPV Hampton Roads show was also quite cool. I remember the back stage footage being the first glimpse ever into their world for me, and many years later meeting Freddy and remembering him from that footage and knowing his legendary status and friendship with Keith was surreal. He was the only reason I got into the Double Door show, but thats another thread and story in itself. I also remember how Keith and Lonesome George were trading some quick licks and then Keith seemed to do what we've seen him do a few times when people wore out their welcome in his presence, i.e. Axl Rose one time on stage I also recall being given the thumb, tried to find video links to those memories on You Tube but couldn't...but like many Stones memories as I approach my 60th BD, they're etched in my head.

Regarding the pay-per-view, my best friend and I were invited over to another friends house to watch it. The festivities started very early, and still being in high school, someone amongst us was a bit of a lightweight.
That someone was the friend who was hosting the pay-per-view/party, and by the time the Stones started he was out like a light - the poor fella missed the entire show. smiling smiley

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:22

I attended 14 shows from Philly to Hampton. My experiences and photos are posted in the amazing "Stones 1981-1982 Wardrobes" thread. (thank you Exilestones)

[iorr.org]

HBK

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:36

I saw them in Buffalo. First time I ever saw them and first time I ever went to a concert. Not a good show and i believe the whole tour in greatly overrated. They were at their biggest and they laid n egg and butchered their own songs. My opinion is backed up by the dead crowds you see in all of the videos. The crowds were excited to see them but were quickly let down. People who talk about how great the tour was are the type that say everything is great.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 20, 2019 19:41

Based on the crappy quality of that video, you might have a point.
But based on reality, you might be wrong.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 20, 2019 20:35

Orlando 25 October (2nd show). First time I drove over 200 miles to see a concert at 17 years old. My Uncle loaned me his car, Me and 3 other guys went up the night before because we were so excited and couldn't sleep. We were up 24 hours before the return home. I was dead tired slept a whole afterwards. As far as the concert goes we were up front until The Stones 4th song then we had to retreat because we were so tired and really couldn't see them well because of the tall wall. But it was shocking to see the legends up close at an early age. We ended up in the stands sitting and enjoying it much more. I remember really liking Time Is On My Side with a cool breeze passing by after a sweltering day in the sun. Back down on the ground earlier I remember seeing a flower child woman selling acid and a biker guy hitting on a teenage girl. Plus David Lee Roth mooned the audience. Good times, haha.

Date: April 20, 2019 20:37

Clearly the Stones had some rust to work out at the start of the tour, but it's hard to come away with anything negative after seeing/hearing the Hampton video/audio or even the LSTNT film. I would love to see them play that well again. Keith was always on and Bill was amazing. We just don't get that walking bass feel anymore with Daryl.

HBK

Date: April 20, 2019 20:47

HouseBoyKnows
Clearly the Stones had some rust to work out at the start of the tour, but it's hard to come away with anything negative after seeing/hearing the Hampton video/audio or even the LSTNT film. I would love to see them play that well again. Keith was always on and Bill was amazing. We just don't get that walking bass feel anymore with Daryl.

HBK
They were awful in the LSTNT video. Throughout the tour they played too fats and everything was muddled. They took the nuance out of most of their songs. I know I am correct on this because my memory lines up with the crowd reactions throughout the tour which you can see on the videos. Great anticipation to see them and then disappointment when you realized it was not what it was built up to be.

I agree with you about Hampton that they were pretty good but we don't know what the crowd heard. That is never talked about enough.

They are not even through the opening song here and it already looks like the crowd is listening to a boring lecture. The whole tour was like that.

[www.youtube.com]

1989 went I went o their concerts the crowd was on fire because the Stones were so good. This is how a crowd reacts at a great concert. You can actually heard then throughout the concert.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 21:00 by stanlove.

Date: April 20, 2019 20:58

stanlove
HouseBoyKnows

HBK
They were awful in the LSTNT video. Throughout the tour they played too fats and everything was muddled. They took the nuance out of most of their songs. I know I am correct on this because my memory lines up with the crowd reactions throughout the tour which you can see on the videos. Great anticipation to see them and then disappointment when you realized it was not what it was built up to be.

I agree with you about Hampton that they were pretty good but we don't know what the crowd heard. That is never talked about enough.

Good that you know you are correct. Audiences were very excited at the 14 shows I attended, including both Hampton shows which sounded terrific. Maybe they were more bored/stoned in the back of the stadiums/arenas. They did play incredibly fast at times (coke induced?). Makes me laugh at the current thread complaining about them playing too fast now. LSTNT has its moments like ADTL, but even that is egregiously edited.

HBK

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 20, 2019 21:04

I didn't care for this one. I thought the '78 tour was one of their best (very loose, natural), but for this one they seemed like they were just doing a job. It felt to me they were a product. Course I was 19 that year and a bit cynical. I think Mick sensed something was wrong but Keith was intent on bulldozing along.

Date: April 20, 2019 21:20

wonderboy
I didn't care for this one. I thought the '78 tour was one of their best (very loose, natural), but for this one they seemed like they were just doing a job. It felt to me they were a product. Course I was 19 that year and a bit cynical. I think Mick sensed something was wrong but Keith was intent on bulldozing along.

Agreed about 1981. Mick did know something was wrong ( how could you not when you are having no effect on the audience ) and before the 1989 tour he promised that it would be much better and much harder this time.

Date: April 20, 2019 21:25

HouseBoyKnows
stanlove
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

Good that you know you are correct. Audiences were very excited at the 14 shows I attended, including both Hampton shows which sounded terrific. Maybe they were more bored/stoned in the back of the stadiums/arenas. They did play incredibly fast at times (coke induced?). Makes me laugh at the current thread complaining about them playing too fast now. LSTNT has its moments like ADTL, but even that is egregiously edited.

HBK

There are videos of the tour and the audiences are dead. That backs up what I remember and what I am saying and what everyone I knew at the time was saying. Just look at the dead audience in the LSTNT movie. I have not seen it in a while but i still remember that it was almost embarrasing how dead the crowd was. Look at the crowd during Black Limo ( love the song ) for example. You got Mick in front of thousand of people and he is having no effect at all except a polite cheer at the end of songs. If anyone has it post it.

Here is another one. Dead crowd by the end of the first song. It was like that throughout the tour.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 21:26 by stanlove.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 20, 2019 21:30

Best tour ever.
Stage, outfits, age, songs, sound.

Fortunately I saw the Ashby movie in a German cinema in 1983,
and after having bought Still Life in 1982 I could
combine the sound with the looks - and here I am.

Date: April 20, 2019 21:49

stanlove
HouseBoyKnows
stanlove
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

HBK

There are videos of the tour and the audiences are dead. That backs up what I remember and what I am saying and what everyone I knew at the time was saying. Just look at the dead audience in the LSTNT movie. I have not seen it in a while but i still remember that it was almost embarrasing how dead the crowd was. Look at the crowd during Black Limo ( love the song ) for example. You got Mick in front of thousand of people and he is having no effect at all except a polite cheer at the end of songs. If anyone has it post it.

Here is another one. Dead crowd by the end of the first song. It was like that throughout the tour.

[www.youtube.com]
OK whatever . . . I'm not sure what your point is. Was the band not playing well or is it just that the audiences were too blasé? For sure there were many who were unfamiliar with the new songs from Tatoo You, waiting for their favorite hits.

I remember watching my friends back then, observing and chuckling how it seemed they were just jaw droppingly mesmerized. I too usually just stand and stare rather than gesticulate wildly, maybe tap my foot to Charlie's snare.

Reminds me of British audiences in years gone by. I think they are more demonstrative now, but I attended many amazing UK rock shows in the 80's where the crowd just sat and politely clapped at the end of each song. Of course now it's annoying to be seeing the shows through a sea of arm-extended cell phones and people chattering though entire songs. I guess, being an old fart, I liked the respectful audiences.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 20, 2019 23:56

MisterDDDD
Hit both shows in Seattle w J Geils Band (and Greg Kihn band replacing Prince)

Great shows that I had the pleasure of attending with my older brother (RIP) who had turned me on to the Stones at a very young age, and who I then turned on to J Geils Band.

My two favorite bands of all time ... pure bliss.
Both the Stones and Geils rocked the Kingdome, remember seeing a pic in the paper after the shows of Mick in semi-disguise riding the elevator down to catch the Geils set from the crowd. To this day, my favorite opening band of any Stones show I've been at.

Good times indeed.

Night 1
Under My Thumb-When the Whip Comes Down-Let's Spend the Night Together-Shattered- Neighbours- Black Limousine-Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)-Twenty Flight Rock-Let Me Go-Time Is on My Side-Beast of Burden-Waiting on a Friend-Let It Bleed-You Can't Always Get What You Want-Little T&A-Tumbling Dice-She's So Cold-All Down the Line-Hang Fire-Star Star-Miss You-Start Me Up-Honky Tonk Women-Brown Sugar-Jumpin' Jack Flash-(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

I went to both of those shows, too. up front for the first 1, 300 level the second. i had seen the stones in 1978 in boulder & j geils before that stand maybe a few times at the paramount. great shows. prince would've been cool but the spuds i went to school with never would've understood that.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 21, 2019 04:05

Hairball
My first time seeing the Stones was at both of the L.A. Coliseum shows - fantastic!

Pics from the second show via L.A. Times and a few from Getty images:

Awesome pic, Hairball! Thanks for sharing! smileys with beer

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 21, 2019 04:24

I never attended a Stones gig until Cincinnati in '89, as I was only 16 when they toured in '81...

But my buddy Dave had 2 older sisters who were fans, so he and another bud Mark went with his sis and her boyfriend to Pontiac on December 1st, after not being able to get seats via mail order for either of the Cleveland shows. They drove back all night after the show since we had school the next day...

And I waited patiently at my locker for Dave and Mark to stagger in, practically sleepless but still stoked from the gig. They brought me a jersey as a souvenir, the dragon front with dates on the back, not a Stones/Santana/Iggy event style...

It's still in great shape since I rarely wore it, with the circa-'81 crap off-center printing job! But still a priceless piece in my collection!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: April 21, 2019 07:54

As always, fascinating threads here on IORR. Pretty different perspectives, for sure, just like what I heard about '78.

I'm looking forward to some more takes on this fascinating tour. The pictures from LA are pretty impressive. It's a far cry from today's amenities--not a beer stand or video screen in sight. Just a sea of people. It's a wonder anyone ever got out to get a beer or go to the bathroom, etc (I suppose the concourses are hidden behind everything).

Unfortunately I didn't make it to a show in '81, as my parents weren't cool enough to take a 4-year-old (hey, I took my son to his first show at age 6 just to make up for it)...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 21, 2019 08:37

Great pictures! But one can't help to think what a poor experience it must have been for the lion's share of the audience.
Both sound- and image wise. An arena gig trumps any stadium gig. If sound and vision is your main concern.

Date: April 21, 2019 14:27

'81 was kind of different from '78 for me because of location, and friend circle. In '81 there were 4 of us driving from ATL to New Orleans a huge amount of speed. Still in my using days, we did nothing but gobble speed and drink liquor in NO. What was so amazing is that the whole town, and definitely the Quarter revolved around the big show. People just called it "The Show". No one even needed to reference the Stones. Everywhere you heard "Centerfold" by J Geils Band playing, and 'Start me Up" of course. In the Dome I'm pretty sure it was Thorogood opening; and for sure they brought out the Neville Bros at this show. This would be my first i many times afterwards, of seeing the Bros live. In their hometown they were awesome. The stage was all decked out. I do recall being pretty much in the bag by the time the Stones came on because we had been going at it hard for 2-3 days straight.I remember "Time is in my Side" and "Black Limos" well. But the standout song IMO was "Goin to a Go Go" with Keith alone on stage, rocking out that intro.
Best part of the whole experience? Finally getting some Red beans & Rice; the first solid food in 3 days after the show.

Posted by: sittinonafence ()
Date: April 21, 2019 17:04

HouseBoyKnows
stanlove
HouseBoyKnows
stanlove
HouseBoyKnows

HBK

HBK

[www.youtube.com]
OK whatever . . . I'm not sure what your point is. Was the band not playing well or is it just that the audiences were too blasé? For sure there were many who were unfamiliar with the new songs from Tatoo You, waiting for their favorite hits.

I remember watching my friends back then, observing and chuckling how it seemed they were just jaw droppingly mesmerized. I too usually just stand and stare rather than gesticulate wildly, maybe tap my foot to Charlie's snare.

Reminds me of British audiences in years gone by. I think they are more demonstrative now, but I attended many amazing UK rock shows in the 80's where the crowd just sat and politely clapped at the end of each song. Of course now it's annoying to be seeing the shows through a sea of arm-extended cell phones and people chattering though entire songs. I guess, being an old fart, I liked the respectful audiences.

Of the dozen shows I was able to attend in 1981, I can't say overrated at all. 15.00 tickets and that great indoor stage. Cannot judge the tour from the LSTNT film or news footage. Horribly edited to make the 2 1/2 hour show into a 1 1/2 hour movie. Musically, Hampton is a much more accurate document than LSTNT film or Still Life. The bored crowd? From an audience member perspective, sorry, I cant agree. The Buffalo crowd is not Buenos Aries, never gonna be. Looking back 38 years now, this tour was ground breaking in so many ways. Without 1981, the 1989 tour would never have attempted on such a grand scale.

Date: April 21, 2019 20:18

Maybe they played fast, but no one seemed to care. This is something we say in retrospect now. Saw them twice in 81, and it was a,lot of young kinds in jeans, T shirts, halter tops, smoking weed, drinking beer - the last thing on anyone's mind was "wait a minute! That was way too fast".
In '78 they played very fast too.
PS In 81 I don't know if Keith has ever played better.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home