Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Crossroads Festival 2019
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 28, 2019 19:31

Just announced;
https://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton-news/303-eric-clapton-announces-2019-crossroads-guitar-festival

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-28 19:32 by roller99.

Re: OT: Crossroads Festival 2019
Date: March 28, 2019 19:43

Wow, only a couple hours away from me. Might as well try to go.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 29, 2019 01:28

Will go with the right tickets even though Dallas is my least favorite city in America.

Date: March 29, 2019 02:56

Man. An arena. Tickets might be tuff. I will Be all over it hope I can get 2 tickets

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 29, 2019 07:49

don't see steve winwood on the list. that set they did at 1 of the past festivals was incredible.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 29, 2019 08:18

Wow, think I might have to go to this, given the lineup. Not that I can afford it, thanks to a certain band, but still . . .

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 09:13

Same old lineup though

Date: March 29, 2019 21:52

I love Jeff Beck he is my favorite on the list of people playing. How does the festival work? Will he play a set? Will he just pop in and out?

Will he play both days?

Does Clapton play with each and everyone there for a song?

Will there be times given for each artist?

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: March 30, 2019 00:31

jumpontopofmebaby
I love Jeff Beck he is my favorite on the list of people playing. How does the festival work? Will he play a set? Will he just pop in and out?

Will he play both days?

Does Clapton play with each and everyone there for a song?

Will there be times given for each artist?

Jeff will do whatever he wants...seriously though hard to say as he's not touring this year so will he bring a band, sit in or?

Eric will not play with everyone

There should be a schedule but not before you have to buy tickets, unless you want to be in the rafters or pay though the nose or both. It's only 2 days in a roughly 21000 arena, it will sell out quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-30 00:32 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:06

champ72
Same old lineup though

What do you want, a bunch of unknowns?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 31, 2019 05:20

roller99
champ72
Same old lineup though

What do you want, a bunch of unknowns?

While a number of the names on the current lineup already repeatedly turned up in the past rounds, Neil Young, Steve Miller, Brian May, Mark Knopfler, among others...they have never played at the four CGF’s thus far, ever.

For a music festival held in this age — this is 2019, right? — there are so few female players on the lineup, as if the history of the music scene of the last four decades or so had never existed. Where are St. Vincent, Anna Calvi, Tash Sultana et al?

Jimmy Page? Man, he’s retired, a burnout...sad.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 31, 2019 12:29

I'd love to be able to say I saw Clapton and Beck on the same stage at the same time, but to spend a lot of money, and then to have to travel 1200 miles, and then maybe it doesn't even happen .... eh, I don't think so.

Date: March 31, 2019 18:53

Clapton doesn't seem to run with the female blues guitarist crowd. When I think female blues players I think Bonnie Raitt, Susan Tedeschi, Ana Popovic, Beth Hart and Aly Venable although I only saw her do a few songs at the Greg Allman tribute. Early 20's but has it in her veins.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 1, 2019 04:08

daspyknows
Clapton doesn't seem to run with the female blues guitarist crowd. When I think female blues players I think Bonnie Raitt, Susan Tedeschi, Ana Popovic, Beth Hart and Aly Venable although I only saw her do a few songs at the Greg Allman tribute. Early 20's but has it in her veins.

Bonnie and Tedeschi are on the line up, did you see them?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 2, 2019 04:11

Sonny Landreth, that's cool !

Date: April 2, 2019 08:21

tatters
I'd love to be able to say I saw Clapton and Beck on the same stage at the same time, but to spend a lot of money, and then to have to travel 1200 miles, and then maybe it doesn't even happen .... eh, I don't think so.

Saw that at Madison Square Garden in 2012. Fun shows.

This night's recording came out nice. eric clapton & jeff beck -msg ny ny - 021910 [spaces.hightail.com]

Date: April 2, 2019 08:24

angee
daspyknows

Bonnie and Tedeschi are on the line up, did you see them?

yep, just responding to the other comment. I have seen both of them in the past year. Bonnie one of my favorites.

Date: April 3, 2019 17:53

I am able to buy tickets but I cannot a schedule for each day. And tickets are sold per day

Date: April 3, 2019 19:45

jumpontopofmebaby
I am able to buy tickets but I cannot a schedule for each day. And tickets are sold per day

Actual schedule won't be released for months.

Date: April 3, 2019 22:54

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby

Actual schedule won't be released for months.

Well that makes it hard to decide what day to buy tickets for if you don't want to afford both days.....and I don't!

Date: April 4, 2019 00:02

First day will start with Eric and if I was to place a bet end with Derek & Susan with Eric sitting in. Second day will end with Eric. Last time Sonny Landreth opened day 2.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 4, 2019 13:31

This looks good and like serious fun . Dallas is a fun city with great Steaks and a fun Six Flags amusement park , great restaurants and night life in the Deep Elm section .Been awhile since I last was there but this is a fun town .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home