Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Old Gods Almost Dead outrageous claim
Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: January 28, 2012 08:19

Reading about the "Goat's Head Soup" sessions in Jamiaca, the author claimed that Bill Wyman hid under his bed while an assailant raped Astrid in their hotel. WTF?
Why didn't Wyman sue him for that kind of BS?

Re: Old Gods Almost Dead outrageous claim
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 28, 2012 08:44

OGAD is a mean-spirited regurgitated non-book -
but i reckon you need to check out Bill's account of that incident in Rolling With the Stones

edit: sorry, don't mean to mislead anyone - apparently it's not in Rolling With ... but it's in print somewhere

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-28 23:07 by with sssoul.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 28, 2012 11:38

Yeah Stephen Davis has been writing sh!t for quite some time now.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 28, 2012 17:29

This has not been new and unfortunately seems to be true.
It's been in the Appleford book before and A. Johns(engineer) told about it.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 28, 2012 17:38

Wait... what? This happened? Can someone point to a thread where this has already been covered?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 28, 2012 17:43

with sssoul
but i reckon you need to check out Bill's account of that incident in Rolling With the Stones

I my bad memory serves me right, there is nothing about it. I remember checking it when I heard about the claim.

- Doxa

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 28, 2012 18:03

Doxa
If my bad memory serves me right, there is nothing about it. I remember checking it when I heard about the claim.

maybe it's another book in that case, but Bill's account of it has been published.
obviously it was a traumatic experience

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 28, 2012 18:39

with sssoul
Doxa
If my bad memory serves me right, there is nothing about it. I remember checking it when I heard about the claim.

maybe it's another book in that case, but Bill's account of it has been published.
obviously it was a traumatic experience

Yeah, I also remember reading somewhere Bill's account, too.

- Doxa

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 28, 2012 19:08

flacnvinyl
Wait... what? This happened? Can someone point to a thread where this has already been covered?

Yes ,I can .cool smiley
Actually , it was mentionned on a thread of mine concerning Jagger at the Strawberry Hill Jamaica For The Recording Of The "Don't Look Back "Video

[www.iorr.org]

gwen
From Rolling Stones: Rip This Joint: The Stories Behind Every Song by Steve Appleford ( [www.amazon.com] ):

…one night about six weeks into the recording, a man with a knife broke into Bill Wyman’s hotel room. The intruder demanded money and ordered Wyman underneath the bed. He then raped Wyman’s longtime girlfriend, Astrid Lundstrom. Minutes later, Johns [Engineer Andy Johns] heard a knock on his door. It was Astrid. “Oh Andy, you’ll never guess,” she told Johns. “I’ve just been raped!”

The engineer immediately grabbed some heavy object to use as a weapon and ran outside and down the road, cutting his feet on broken glass. But the rapist had escaped across the lawn in another direction. “Bill, obviously, was totally freaked because he’d had to lie under the bed while all of this went on,” says Johns. “If he had done anything the guy would have cut his @#$%& head off. He really didn’t have any @#$%& choice. It was a tough thing. It was another Rolling Stones thing. Shit like that was always going on.”

Bill and Astrid moved into another hotel, and the sessions continued.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: January 28, 2012 19:27

flacnvinyl
Wait... what?

That's classic.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 28, 2012 19:35

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
flacnvinyl
Wait... what?

That's classic.

I work with a guy that's constantly saying that.

We all want to ram a sock down his throat.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 28, 2012 20:06

I've read about that in several different books. I've never heard of it being disputed. I don't think Wyman was actually "hiding" under the bed though. He was apparently forced there at knife point.....or machete point. Whatever.

I understand that Davis' book does have alot of factual errors. And yes it is mean spirited. He seemed to have a desire to tear the Stones mythology down. The overall tone of the book, and some really bad factual mistakes (mistakes that most folks on this board could recognise) are what turned me off to the book.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: January 28, 2012 20:23

Thanks for the info - I had a sample of this book and I didn't like the tone so I didn't buy it - glad my suspicions are confirmed.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: January 28, 2012 22:14

Tumblin_Dice_07
I've never heard of it being disputed.

Keith disputed it in "Life". "Never happened."

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 28, 2012 22:28

TheDailyBuzzherd
Tumblin_Dice_07

That's quite a tale to make up! Why would anyone make up something like this? To put Bill in a bad light?

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 28, 2012 22:56

with sssoul
[/i]

Its also a non-hat. And a non-shoe for that matter too.

Date: January 29, 2012 01:45

misterfrias
TheDailyBuzzherd
Tumblin_Dice_07

That's quite a tale to make up! Why would anyone make up something like this? To put Bill in a bad light?
If I'm not mistaken, I think Keith disputed that Anita was raped - I don't recall anything about Bill Wyman & Astrid...mmm...maybe I missed it.

Still - glad I don't waste the money on "Old Gods..."

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 29, 2012 01:58

memphiscats
If I'm not mistaken, I think Keith disputed that Anita was raped - I don't recall anything about Bill Wyman & Astrid...mmm...maybe I missed it.

I heard about that one -- Anita was in a Jamaican jail when this allegedly happened, correct? I have never heard this didn't happen, though.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Date: January 29, 2012 04:04

misterfrias
memphiscats

I heard about that one -- Anita was in a Jamaican jail when this allegedly happened, correct? I have never heard this didn't happen, though.
Hey...yeah according to Keith's book, the whole thing about Anita being raped was a fabrication...who knows the real truth? On the other hand, Victor Bockris's book on Keith Richards, goes into detail about Anita's supposed rape in a Jamaican jail while Keith was hanging out in the UK due to visa issues etc...I kind of believe Keith's version but who knows...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 09:05

Bizarre title for a book, if nothing else. What Stones fan wants to buy a book that practically announces in its title that it was written to trash the Stones?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-30 03:23 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 29, 2012 12:07

memphiscats
misterfrias
memphiscats

Hey...yeah according to Keith's book, the whole thing about Anita being raped was a fabrication...who knows the real truth? On the other hand, Victor Bockris's book on Keith Richards, goes into detail about Anita's supposed rape in a Jamaican jail while Keith was hanging out in the UK due to visa issues etc...I kind of believe Keith's version but who knows...

You can't really take either version at face value. None of these books are academic research with verifiable sources. They're interesting for sure but whether they are "The Truth", I doubt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1566
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home