Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14
Re: TWITTER ANOUNCES NEW BOOTLEG
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 25, 2012 21:39

vermontoffender
twitter is great. glad the band is using social media to help generate interest in the vaults.

Nothing wrong with people using twitter, or twitter itself. It's those stupifying messages they send out on RS twitter that's the trouble

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-25 21:40 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 25, 2012 21:44

Someone is getting quite a kick out hyping it up and then watching people
squirm, laughing at people taking it all too seriously... yeah, this is so serious.....
It is pretty funny to watch.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 25, 2012 21:48

Max'sKansasCity
squirm, laughing at people taking it all too seriously... yeah, this is so serious.....

Stop being so serious about this. This was supposed to be a fun thread

Date: January 25, 2012 21:50

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Did you get that name correct yet?

Date: January 25, 2012 21:51

sit up straight... eyes forward.... this is serious.... LOL

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 25, 2012 21:52

texas fan
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
Detroit 1975.

That'll be my guess as well

I'm a fan of the '75 tour, but Detroit is one of my leaset favorite shows. I'll hold out hope for LA July 9th or 13th, or Fort Collins or Seattle.

Of course, I'm not really convinced they'll proceed chronologically, so..we'll see.

Yeah, right, but this is not about what we WISH for, it's about what's somehow likely. The Detroit 1975 multitrack tapes are/were shown on Stonesarchive.com, and I guess they were shown for a reason and not just coincidentally.

Date: January 25, 2012 21:53

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Did you get that name correct yet?

Its easy:

One never need spell when one can copy and paste

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 25, 2012 21:57

Max'sKansasCity

where ya been Max? Glued to the TV set for all the football? Go Niners!

Btw for me its difficult to get on board with services that make you sign in (except IORR) and especially services like Facebook, Twitter who claim OWNERSHIP of all the words, pictures, music and content that is posted on everyone's page. The last thing I want is some losers in Silicon Valley owning me and my friends communications and shared media. That is beyond pompous and against my view of the way to do business in this beautiful world. Check out the fine print , it's all there.

People like BV who run this site with a light touch and a not for profit attitude are the exception. Besides Bjourn is a skier and that puts him in a brotherhood of nature loving peers that I can relate to and are welcome to my prose. peace

Date: January 25, 2012 21:58

Date: January 25, 2012 21:59

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity

where ya been Max? Glued to the TV set for all the football? Go Niners!

Been right here, as usual... smiling smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 25, 2012 22:27

Max'sKansasCity
Yeah it's hilarious. Until they drag this shit out to the point where we don't care anymore.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 25, 2012 22:31

Justin
I honestly wouldn't check this thread but I fear that I would miss the announcement on page 870 or whatever of this thread.

I formally suggest that once the title is released either A) the original title of this thread be changed to reflect the announcement or B ) a completely new thread is created. I prefer a new thread created--you can't miss it and it's a fresh space for new conversation. After a few days, BV can maybe merge that new thread with this one if he feels it is redundant.
Don't worry Justin. Once it is announced,I'm sure their will be a 100 new threads about it.

Date: January 25, 2012 22:35

sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity
Yeah it's hilarious. Until they drag this shit out to the point where we don't care anymore.
yeah, sure you wont....

There is a lot of things going on in the world and coming up, this is just one of many. It will drop when it drops... and then everyone can/will listen to it for a while, and then they will put it on the shelf, in a box, or in storage, along with the other 500-billion Stones recordings

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 25, 2012 22:35

Just to let you know - last message on twitter 1 hour ago... grinning smiley

Date: January 25, 2012 22:37

sweetcharmedlife

I think we refer to that point as last Friday

Date: January 25, 2012 22:38

Its gonna be a cracker

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 25, 2012 22:55

If they announce a tour like this...................I'm gonna order some more ulcer meds.

sc uk

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: January 25, 2012 23:12

straycatuk
If they announce a tour like this...................I'm gonna order some more ulcer meds.

sc uk

Get me some too Dave!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 25, 2012 23:20

sweetcharmedlife
Justin
I honestly wouldn't check this thread but I fear that I would miss the announcement on page 870 or whatever of this thread.

I formally suggest that once the title is released either A) the original title of this thread be changed to reflect the announcement or B ) a completely new thread is created. I prefer a new thread created--you can't miss it and it's a fresh space for new conversation. After a few days, BV can maybe merge that new thread with this one if he feels it is redundant.
Don't worry Justin. Once it is announced,I'm sure their will be a 100 new threads about it.

Absolutely. Everything from praising the new release to "Why didn't they release El Pistachio '77??"

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 25, 2012 23:21

straycatuk

sc uk
Yeah and they will ask, guess when it will happen - a clue: beginns with 201x smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 26, 2012 00:12

Gazza
corriecas
when it will be released...............

I'm honestly starting to lose interest. These 'teases' are infantile.

They should just release the bloody thing or shut the f**k up about it.

Oh the other hand, what was the last Stones release that generated this much hysteria????

Date: January 26, 2012 00:22

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Gazza
corriecas

Oh the other hand, what was the last Stones release that generated this much hysteria????

Hysteria? Just because there's 12 pages on this thread? The "what if Keith walked into Mayberry thread" reached a lot more pages...!

It's no wonder that we are curious about this new google-download, since nearly all previous "vault" Rolling Stones releases, on DVD and CD has been rehashed and/or disappointing; for instance Exile deluxe, Rarities, L&G - which was a great release, but it we were familiar with it from bootleg.....but with Brussels Affair and Live In Texas we finally got the real thing. No overdubs - and close to full shows. That's obviously why these google-downloads intrigue us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 00:28 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 26, 2012 00:25

Well then I almost stand corrected.

Date: January 26, 2012 00:43

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Well then I almost stand corrected.

Not really corrected. Because I don't what was the last release that caused this fuzz, or how to rank the fuzz.

But I do doubt that there's any fuzz about these google-downloads, in general, compared to the fuzz on official albums, like Voodoo Lounge, ABB, etc, which get so much media attention, and interest among the common man, even. There's only people like...some of us on this board, who's so eager on these google downloads. THen again, certain folks here, even posting on this thread doesn't give a hoot about the release, nor listening to Rolling Stones, so they don't understand the excitement obviously

Wonder how many Brussels downloads they actually did sell?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 00:52 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 26, 2012 00:59

Erik_Snow
Wonder how many Brussels downloads they actually did sell?
Well... They definitevily did not sell appr. 2000 copies downloaded from youknowwhat site. We are not talking about japanese LP/CD box winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 26, 2012 01:00

"Until they drag this shit out to the point where we don't care anymore"

Watch your words sonny!
If Mick reads this he might, out of spite, unleash the dreadful 1975-08-08 Buffalo show on us! grinning smiley

Mick we love you we rever you and we need a kick-ass 1975 release or sth from "El Mounties-o'77".

Date: January 26, 2012 01:04

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Gazza
corriecas

Just noticed; the NFL thread has 35 pages...! Now what's THAT hysteria about ?

Date: January 26, 2012 01:07

dcba
If Mick reads this he might, out of spite, unleash the dreadful 1975-08-08 Buffalo show on us! grinning smiley

That one is in the planning, though it won't be a google-download, but a CD box set including a limited edition piece of paper drenched in acid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 01:07 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: January 26, 2012 01:11

retired_dog
texas fan
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
Detroit 1975.

That'll be my guess as well

I'm a fan of the '75 tour, but Detroit is one of my leaset favorite shows. I'll hold out hope for LA July 9th or 13th, or Fort Collins or Seattle.

Of course, I'm not really convinced they'll proceed chronologically, so..we'll see.

Yeah, right, but this is not about what we WISH for, it's about what's somehow likely. The Detroit 1975 multitrack tapes are/were shown on Stonesarchive.com, and I guess they were shown for a reason and not just coincidentally.

Yeah, right, and I'm not really disagreeing with you. I was just registering my pre-disappointment, should you be right. I think Tod or Gazza or Erik is keeping track of that...

For now, I will cling to the hope that they will release something that will be a good example of the tour, if it is a '75 show...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 01:14 by texas fan.

Date: January 26, 2012 01:23

texas fan
For now, I will cling to the hope that they will release something that will be a good example of the tour, if it is a '75 show...

Me too, me too... If they spoil the chance they/we finally have, for getting an excellent stereo sbd of TOTA 1975 to the public, by chosing one of very few lackluster shows they did that year....then.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-26 01:27 by Erik_Snow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home