Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Say what you feel about the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary announcement
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 14, 2012 00:45

KUT

Re: Say what you feel about the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary announcement
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 14, 2012 00:49

Want to be able to see them at a few dates. Don't mind if they are giant big event gigs as long as they are outdoor festival seating style shows. Tickets regulated by the festival promotes ie. Isle Of White. So its an even playing field for fans.

If it's a big Hyde Park gig then nearer inspirit to the slane gig on the last tour (though there was two tiered tickets then) rather than all seat gig (boring)

Good atmoshpere, good music, good friends, good times

\m/

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:10

"they haven't made an announcement yet."

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:10

NICOS
KUT

confused smiley

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:11

This thread is like a premature ejaculation...nobody wants it...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:23

NICOS
KUT

Maar mijn beste NICOS...wat is dat toch voor een gevloek? "KUT"? We houwe het wel netjes he? drinking smiley

Ik snap wel wat je bedoel hoor, doch laten wij positief blijven.tongue sticking out smiley

Er komt een dag, dat Mick en Keith gezamenlijk de microfoon delen, en op de hun welbekende wijze snauwen over The Midnight Rambler. Komp goed.

Zolang die Chuck Leavell maar heel erg uit de buurt blijf

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:26

keefbajaga
NICOS
KUT

Maar mijn beste NICOS...wat is dat toch voor een gevloek? "KUT"? We houwe het wel netjes he? drinking smiley

Ik snap wel wat je bedoel hoor, doch laten wij positief blijven.tongue sticking out smiley

Er komt een dag, dat Mick en Keith gezamenlijk de microfoon delen, en op de hun welbekende wijze snauwen over The Midnight Rambler. Komp goed.

Really?? How about saying that in english? Too difficult?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: January 14, 2012 01:35

mickijaggeroo
keefbajaga
NICOS
KUT

Really?? How about saying that in english? Too difficult?

As long as we don't see this Chuck Leavell around, everything will be ok, yes very soon we will see Mick & Keith share the mike again, while they sing about The Midnight Rambler, as well about their other love songs

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:45

but...but....but chuck rocks and rules!

Date: January 14, 2012 01:49

StonesTod

Yeah 'frozen' Berries

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:55

mickijaggeroo

Bwahhhahaaa.

Sweetsmileys with beer

\m/

Date: January 14, 2012 01:57

Well my friends I'm a bit frustrated about the fact they didn't announced anything yet ...............I think they should announced something ......don't you?

OK I'm a bit impatient................

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: January 14, 2012 02:01

Hold your horses its only Jan wait til July or June.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 14, 2012 02:05

NICOS

NICOS
I'm a bit frustrated about the fact they didn't announced anything yet .......

So basically, there was no need to start this thread. Thanks.

Date: January 14, 2012 02:24

Justin
NICOS

NICOS

THANKS to you Justin I feel a bit tranquil now confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-14 02:26 by NICOS.

Date: January 14, 2012 02:28

Justin
NICOS

NICOS

there's never any need to start any thread, though. let's not have that be the criterion.

Date: January 14, 2012 02:30

StonesTod
Justin
NICOS

NICOS

there's never any need to start any thread, though. let's not have that be the criterion.

Why not listen to 2120 South Michigan Avenue instead? At maximum volume ofcourse

Date: January 14, 2012 02:32

keefbajaga
StonesTod
Justin
NICOS

NICOS

Why not listen to 2120 South Michigan Avenue instead? At maximum volume ofcourse

the latest george thorogood album? i did that the other night. i need a fresh fix.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 14, 2012 02:34

keefbajaga
StonesTod

Yeah 'frozen' Berries

I thing you guys don't realize that Chuck can play just about anything, in any style and do it very well. If you don't like what he has been doing with the Stones, blame Mick and Keith as I'm sure he is doing EXACTLY what they want and ALLOW him to do.

Let's assume you don't have a personal problem with Chuck, what you you want the Stones piano player to sound like? Barely audible in the mix? Exact copy of the recorded material? Exactly what Ian Stewart would have played? Raw , edgy boogie woogie and only upright barroom piano sounds? I assure you he can do it all so instead of dissing the dude, be more specific on what you want and expect from a Stones pianist. I get the feeling Stevie Wonder or Leon Russel couldn't even satisfy you guys.... peace.

Date: January 14, 2012 02:35

Naturalust
keefbajaga
StonesTod

Yeah 'frozen' Berries

I thing you guys don't realize that Chuck can play just about anything, in any style and do it very well. If you don't like what he has been doing with the Stones, blame Mick and Keith as I'm sure he is doing EXACTLY what they want and ALLOW him to do.

Let's assume you don't have a personal problem with Chuck, what you you want the Stones piano player to sound like? Barely audible in the mix? Exact copy of the recorded material? Exactly what Ian Stewart would have played? Raw , edgy boogie woogie and only upright barroom piano sounds? I assure you he can do it all so instead of dissing the dude, be more specific on what you want and expect from a Stones pianist. I get the feeling Stevie Wonder or Leon Russel couldn't even satisfy you guys.... peace.

amen, brother. i'd like to buy you a round.

Date: January 14, 2012 02:48

StonesTod
Naturalust
keefbajaga
StonesTod

Yeah 'frozen' Berries

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: January 14, 2012 06:21

mickijaggeroo

Is that the same as a woman giving birth to a premature baby? I've never heard of a woman giving birth to a mature baby. There's just no physical way for that to happen. You're talking about a baby that's somewhere around 6 feet tall...

What a strange comparison. Teenagers like them. Maybe it should've been bad eggs or rotten milk.

To respond to the thread subject, I find the Beach Boys 50th Anniversary tour announcement to be to let people know it's only about the money.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 14, 2012 06:37

Well I 'm with you NICOS, frustrated that they have left us loyal fans hanging. I'm sure the word amoung those who have a glimmer is NO ONE TALKS. I'm actually getting bored with the whole concept and after the wait am sure the news will be anticlimactic.

After all the dreaming and best possible outcomes we have discussed on this board, it's likely to be the same old thing. Over-priced, over-hyped shows with tons of stage props, extra musicians and a warhorse of a setlist.

I'm especially bruised by the words of the ever boring Bill Wyman saying that drugs have killed Mick Taylors creativity. Even going so far as to say the three days of recording for Bills record that he did were scrapped cause only one slide solo was good enough! Coming from someone who wouldn't know a good song if it woke up in bed with him, someone who hasn't made a memorable tune in his 30 years of solo work , it just pissed me off. MT can still rock with the best of them and after those comments I hope Darryl Jones is invited back to play for whatever the Stones decide to do. Screw Bill Wyman. peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-14 15:52 by Naturalust.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 14, 2012 06:48

I hope they don't announce it on MSG with Time Warner Cable.

Date: January 14, 2012 07:24

Naturalust
Well I 'm with you NICOS, frustrated that they have left us loyal fans hanging.

I'm especially bruised by the words of the ever boring Bill Wyman saying that drugs have killed Mick Taylors credibility. Even going so far as to say the three days of recording for Bills record that he did were scrapped cause only one slide solo was good enough! Coming from someone who wouldn't know a good song if it woke up in bed with him, someone who hasn't made a memorable tune in his 30 years of solo work , it just pissed me off. MT can still rock with the best of them and after those comments I hope Darryl Jones is invited back to play for whatever the Stones decide to do. Screw Bill Wyman.

The first part, what the hell are you talking about? It's JANUARY. Who are they to you to jump to attention and start doing shit? Left you hanging? About WHAT? There are no promises, no guarantees. It's just talk, about 98% of it HERE and not from the 'band'.

Second part - where the hell did that come from!? First I've heard/read of it.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: January 14, 2012 08:04

NICOS
StonesTod
Naturalust
keefbajaga
StonesTod

Yeah 'frozen' Berries

thumbs upthumbs up

I sincerely wonder what it is then - about Mick & Keith, or one or the other, if not Chuck. I rather enjoyed everyone that contributed to the Stones over the years - Ian Stewart, Nicky Hopkins, Billy Preston, McLagan and others... I suppose this is just the way they prefer the band to sound now. More power to them I suppose, that's as it should be of course. They just lost a bit of the magic in this area in terms of what I perceive when listening I guess.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: January 14, 2012 08:11

Naturalust
Well I 'm with you NICOS, frustrated that they have left us loyal fans hanging. I'm sure the word amoung those who have a glimmer is NO ONE TALKS. I'm actually getting bored with the whole concept and after the wait am sure the news will be anticlimactic.

After all the dreaming and best possible outcomes we have discussed on this board, it's likely to be the same old thing. Over-priced, over-hyped shows with tons of stage props, extra musicians and a warhorse of a setlist.

I'm especially bruised by the words of the ever boring Bill Wyman saying that drugs have killed Mick Taylors credibility. Even going so far as to say the three days of recording for Bills record that he did were scrapped cause only one slide solo was good enough! Coming from someone who wouldn't know a good song if it woke up in bed with him, someone who hasn't made a memorable tune in his 30 years of solo work , it just pissed me off. MT can still rock with the best of them and after those comments I hope Darryl Jones is invited back to play for whatever the Stones decide to do. Screw Bill Wyman. peace.

Blunt words from Wyman. Is this recent? Perhaps he knows what he is speaking of, although if Taylor could polish off Plundered My Soul in an hour, the picture seems a bit confusing...

Date: January 14, 2012 09:08

Confused. Very very confused.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 14, 2012 09:17

SweetThing
(tuI sincerely wonder what it is then - about Mick & Keith, or one or the other, if not Chuck. I rather enjoyed everyone that contributed to the Stones over the years - Ian Stewart, Nicky Hopkins, Billy Preston, McLagan and others... I suppose this is just the way they prefer the band to sound now. More power to them I suppose, that's as it should be of course. They just lost a bit of the magic in this area in terms of what I perceive when listening I guess.
)thumbs up[/quote]

I agree bro, but seein' as how Stu,Nicky, and Billy, are all pushin' up daisies now, ts a diff era. I do wish Mac would get back wtih the boyz tho... but Mick J. would dissaprove , seein' as ow he's a drinkin' buddy of Ronnie's....

damn I could go for a Guinness about now. though\

...and some high decibel Marshall righteousness.

rock on lads, and f'n A!!!!!

P.S. I luv Chuck bt the boyz need an Englishmen on the 88s, and Mac is the REALK F"N DEAL...and the only (at that)

huzzah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-14 09:20 by Keefan.

Date: January 14, 2012 09:44

Brian Jones should be involved. Perhaps on films like those posthumous Elvis shows!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home