Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen Deluxe
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 16, 2012 19:30

jamesfdouglas
Youngie
Father Ted
Anyone in a position to comment as to whether the DVD picture quality is inferior to the blu? I'm thinking that given it is from 1978, there's probably not much between them.

Surely since all theatrically released concerts which have been shot on film will look better on Blu Ray.

Live In Texas Blu Ray looks amazing and I only have a 28 inch screen. Not even LCD or plasma. thumbs up

If you don't have an HDTV (LCD or plasma), then you will see no difference between DVD and blu-ray. Regular TVs are incapable of showing beyond 480p resolution.

What if he really concentrates and squints his eyes though?

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: January 16, 2012 19:45

jamesfdouglas
If you don't have an HDTV (LCD or plasma), then you will see no difference between DVD and blu-ray. Regular TVs are incapable of showing beyond 480p resolution.

Funny since I do see a difference spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 16, 2012 21:36

Youngie
jamesfdouglas

Maybe something else going on in the production, other than simply the lines of resolution?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 16, 2012 21:43

treaclefingers
Youngie
jamesfdouglas

Maybe something else going on in the production, other than simply the lines of resolution?

I don't have both DVD and bluray to do an immediate comparison, but I very, very much doubt it.
Youngie, are you ussing a bluray with component (not HDMI) cables running into a normal tv? If that's the case, then the change HAS to only be in your own imagination.

It blows me away how many people still don't understand ratio and/or resolution. Like the guy in this thread who has a 52 inch screen - but no bluray player??? WTF?? lol

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: January 16, 2012 21:47

From what I've seen the colour rendition & compression "artifacts" are far better on Blu Ray (vs. DVD). Or maybe it's just in my imagination eye rolling smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 03:12

jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers
Youngie
jamesfdouglas

I don't have both DVD and bluray to do an immediate comparison, but I very, very much doubt it.
Youngie, are you ussing a bluray with component (not HDMI) cables running into a normal tv? If that's the case, then the change HAS to only be in your own imagination.

It blows me away how many people still don't understand ratio and/or resolution. Like the guy in this thread who has a 52 inch screen - but no bluray player??? WTF?? lol

Well the fact I have a 52 inch screen and no blue ray doesn't mean I don't understand resolution, it is that I understand financial constraints and the fact that I can't find a universal blue ray player in Jakarta Indonesia. A majority of my film collection is from North American so it would not make sense for me to buy a Blue Ray player that will not play those DVDs because of the idiotic region coding. My current home theater system is universal so I can play any DVDs from any region which is great. So I am currently on the prowl here in Jakarta for a universal blue ray. I do use HDMI cables and have a digital optical cable for my DVD player. The resolution on my plasma is fantastic. Not as good as Blue Ray, but very nice thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-17 03:24 by whitem8.

Date: January 17, 2012 18:46

jamesfdouglas
treaclefingers
Youngie
jamesfdouglas

I have a 52 and no blu ray...but I consider blu ray obsolete already as all my TV is in Hi Def. Downloads are the future, I don't see the point of reinvesting in yet another video format.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home