Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I Go Wild
Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: January 11, 2012 15:27

Bärs
The writing might be lazy, but live it offers opportunities for fun interplay and interesting musical details. Check out Stockholm 1995

I Go Wild was definitely an (unexpected) highlight when I saw the Stones in Berlin in '95.

It turned into a Wall of Sound kind of thing, with the band working itself into an awesome groove.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: January 11, 2012 15:52

it may not be an innovative song, but a typical old-fashioned stones rocker, but "i like itsmiling smiley))

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 11, 2012 15:58

wandering spirit
it may not be an innovative song, but a typical old-fashioned stones rocker, but "i like itsmiling smiley))

+1

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: January 11, 2012 16:03

@proudmary: just want to tell you that i share your feelings regarding "how can i stop"....for my taste its much too long and repetive....

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 11, 2012 16:18

wandering spirit
@proudmary: just want to tell you that i share your feelings regarding "how can i stop"....for my taste its much too long and repetive....

Great, now you can tell it on the right thread, I think it's Tie me Up winking smiley
It's kinda weird that discussion here has not gone away from the stated topic

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 11, 2012 18:45

Honestly, this song got me obsessed with drums to the point that I started playing...I was only 15 or 16 when Voodoo Lounge came out.

The drumming is by far the best part of the song, but the rest of it is fun. I suppose you could put it in the "throwaway rocker" category, but it does ROCK, which is what counts, particularly after the album went off on a ballad/acoustic tangent for a few songs.

But Charlie's drumming is the best part.

Date: January 11, 2012 19:56

It's a shit song, yeah, something ol' Mick can toss off when he's writing "imitation" songs.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 11, 2012 20:39

Good rock song, great video and a lot of fun during the Voodoo Lounge tour. Loved it when all four guitars got together at the front of stage to jam.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 11, 2012 21:09

A little monotonous and boring. Ronnie misses another opportunity to play a quite good solo. This song remembers me painfully that the post-MT-Stones lacks a lead guitarist who is able to play acceptable solos. The ragged live performance is charming, though.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 11, 2012 21:19

i propose we make the second sunday of each month a "no woody bashing" day. i'm fine with beating the hell out of him the rest of the month, as needed, though.

Date: January 11, 2012 21:21

StonesTod
i propose we make the second sunday of each month a "no woody bashing" day. i'm fine with beating the hell out of him the rest of the month, as needed, though.

Amen!

Date: January 11, 2012 21:24

RobertJohnson
StonesTod

Amen!

it's settled, then. i'll work on arrangements thru the official iorr concierge....

Date: January 11, 2012 21:28

StonesTod
RobertJohnson
StonesTod

Amen!

it's settled, then. i'll work on arrangements thru the official iorr concierge....

Maybe you can walk on water ...

Date: January 11, 2012 21:31

RobertJohnson
StonesTod
RobertJohnson
StonesTod

Amen!

Maybe you can walk on water ...

i'll give it a go, but i'll wear my wellies just in case....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home