Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ABC&D Of Boogie Woogie 2012 dates
Posted by: Cookiespad ()
Date: February 11, 2012 01:16

Message for stoneswolf.... where are ABC & D Boogie Woogie London shows scheduled for ?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 11, 2012 01:25

Mar 17 2012
Saturday

7.30 pm
London

10.30 pm
London

The ABC&D of Boogie Woogie
Axel Zwingenberger, Ben Waters, Charlie Watts & Dave Green

Pizza Express Soho
Dean Street 10
London W1V 5RL

tkts:
phone: 0845 6027 017
www.pizzaexpresslive.com

[www.boogiewoogie.net]

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: February 25, 2012 00:01

I decided to see Charlie in London, from Poland only 2 hours flight. I never seen any of them in London so it will be great evening for me. Anybody was in pizza express last year, what is capacity this venue?

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: February 25, 2012 00:51

Very small

Date: February 25, 2012 00:57

beepee
Very small

Good news, cheers beepee!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: March 12, 2012 10:44

Any reports from Lübeck or Rostock?

N

Edit: A short report with a pic from Rostock yesterday here: [www.ostsee-zeitung.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-12 10:47 by NeddieFlanders.

Date: March 12, 2012 19:59

Here's two more press reviews:

[www.rostock-heute.de]

[www.nnn.de]

N

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 12, 2012 20:37

Have a great evening. Charlie drumming and mastership are worth 2 hours flight.

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: March 12, 2012 22:12

I confirm it s worthy ! Charlie as you Will Nevers seen him.
Hope je Will Côme black to France.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 10:01

bisonvodka
I decided to see Charlie in London, from Poland only 2 hours flight. I never seen any of them in London so it will be great evening for me. Anybody was in pizza express last year, what is capacity this venue?

Great decision, congratulations! And have a great time. I will see him in Vienna in about two weeks and I can't wait.

And well, have a great time in London, don't forget to visit the Sticky Fingers. People say it is not what it used to be, but I loved it anyway.

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: March 13, 2012 10:34

Happy24
bisonvodka

Great decision, congratulations! And have a great time. I will see him in Vienna in about two weeks and I can't wait.

And well, have a great time in London, don't forget to visit the Sticky Fingers. People say it is not what it used to be, but I loved it anyway.

I will see him in Vienna to ! From Warsaw

Date: March 13, 2012 11:34

Happy24
bisonvodka

I heven't seen them since last show in Prague in Hybernia. It was great show so I' glad to see them again.
I was in Sticky Fingers last november I'll go again for few pints and see nice memorabilies.
It's a pity that Charlie not play in Praha, maybe som day with other band.

Date: March 13, 2012 18:22

Report from the gig in Lübeck here (with nice pic of Charlie):

[www.ln-online.de]

N

Date: March 13, 2012 21:48

polandstones
Happy24
bisonvodka

I will see him in Vienna to ! From Warsaw
I also think about Vienna but from Poznan better connection is with London. Second reason they play 2 shows one day and I have tix for both shows.

Date: March 19, 2012 20:33

One more review from Lübeck:

[www.unser-luebeck.de]

Hope some reports from the Austrian shows will be posted here soon.

N

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 20, 2012 09:31

anyone out there in bad ischl, thursday 22nd and/or saturday 24th of march ?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 21, 2012 13:01

I was at the Pizza Express Jazz Club in Soho London on Monday night, just 48 hours after Charlie had played there.

It's a great little club, seats 120 people - I wish I had been there for Charlie.

Had a good night anyway with Ian Shaw, Liane Carroll and TWO Steinway pianos.

This IS the way to listen to music.

Date: March 22, 2012 23:24

GravityBoy
I was at the Pizza Express Jazz Club in Soho London on Monday night, just 48 hours after Charlie had played there.

It's a great little club, seats 120 people - I wish I had been there for Charlie.

Had a good night anyway with Ian Shaw, Liane Carroll and TWO Steinway pianos.

This IS the way to listen to music.

I was on both shows on 17.03 at this great venue.
Ben told that it was recorded so I hope that will be live record of ABC&D.
This music live always sounds beautiful.
Now I enjoyed signed GYYYO (lp version) and Ode to a highflying bird

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 22, 2012 23:38

bisonvodka
I was on both shows on 17.03 at this great venue.

You lucky person!

It sure is an intimate venue.

Date: March 23, 2012 14:09

after 4 hours sleep now a small report of our 3rd ABC&D gig in bad ischl within 2 years, number 4 follows on saturday.

ok, most probably no stones tour this year, but a real stone almost in my living room is ok, too....

charlie is about 2,5 m directly in front of us, my hands rest on the stage. no security, bags are on the stage, my camera and cellphone are lying onstage and you can take photos everytime you want, unbelievable. it`s so different to the big stones gigs.

bad ischl is a small town with about 14 k inhabitants and it`s just 30km from my hometown bad aussee. the venue, a theater, is filled with about 400 people. i think it holds about 500 in all.

what about the music ? well, it`s not really new, if you`ve seen them already, but all four guys are playing in a very good mood, smiles everywhere and all the time.

charlie is for me in a very good shape and it`s very interesting to follow him from such a short distance, how he plays the drums, sometimes very smooth, sometimes very hard and then you imagine, what songs he had already played in history, honky tonk, symphathy,..and on..and on...
charlie doesn`t look very often directly into the crowd, but i got some eye contact with him from time to time.

the best moment was, when claudia had a small phonecall with our younger boy, when he went to bed at home. because of the drums in front of us, it was a little bit louder, as you can imagine. so she was almost lying on the stage to hear the words from the cellphone. charlie looked at her, then at me, then at her again and smiled about that,what was going on....

today most of the songs had been fast and so run the time. after their very final bow, charlie and his mates signed some stuff.
charlie signed about 7 things from different people with our marker, so the marker itself is famous now

in all, it was a great night and everybody, who has the chance to see the ABC&D group, should go.

Date: March 24, 2012 11:34

Thaks for the report austrianstones, I am having a big smile on my face, those little ABC&D gigs are so enjoable and the spirit and the mood in the room is always so great! I can't wait to see them the next week!

Date: March 24, 2012 12:18

Thanks for the report and photos from Bad Ischl, austrianstones! thumbs up

Anybody been in Leipzig or Dresden?

Here's a press review (w. photo) from Dresden:

[www.sz-online.de]

N

Date: March 26, 2012 11:56

charlie in traditional clothes in bad ischlsmiling bouncing smiley, see link:

[www.arf.at]

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 26, 2012 12:36

Interesting, those clothes suite him well.

Date: March 28, 2012 17:56

A press review (with picture of CW) from Feldkirchen, Austria:

[www.kleinezeitung.at]

And 30 photos from the Feldkirchen-gig:

[www.kleinezeitung.at]

N

Date: March 28, 2012 19:58

thanks neddie !

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 28, 2012 20:55

austrianstones
after 4 hours sleep now a small report of our 3rd ABC&D gig in bad ischl within 2 years, number 4 follows on saturday.

ok, most probably no stones tour this year, but a real stone almost in my living room is ok, too....

charlie is about 2,5 m directly in front of us, my hands rest on the stage. no security, bags are on the stage, my camera and cellphone are lying onstage and you can take photos everytime you want, unbelievable. it`s so different to the big stones gigs.

bad ischl is a small town with about 14 k inhabitants and it`s just 30km from my hometown bad aussee. the venue, a theater, is filled with about 400 people. i think it holds about 500 in all.

what about the music ? well, it`s not really new, if you`ve seen them already, but all four guys are playing in a very good mood, smiles everywhere and all the time.

charlie is for me in a very good shape and it`s very interesting to follow him from such a short distance, how he plays the drums, sometimes very smooth, sometimes very hard and then you imagine, what songs he had already played in history, honky tonk, symphathy,..and on..and on...
charlie doesn`t look very often directly into the crowd, but i got some eye contact with him from time to time.

the best moment was, when claudia had a small phonecall with our younger boy, when he went to bed at home. because of the drums in front of us, it was a little bit louder, as you can imagine. so she was almost lying on the stage to hear the words from the cellphone. charlie looked at her, then at me, then at her again and smiled about that,what was going on....

today most of the songs had been fast and so run the time. after their very final bow, charlie and his mates signed some stuff.
charlie signed about 7 things from different people with our marker, so the marker itself is famous now

in all, it was a great night and everybody, who has the chance to see the ABC&D group, should go.

thumbs up

Posted by: Raluca ()
Date: March 31, 2012 11:21

cool smileyYesterday in Vienna: Who was that crazy guy, jumped on stage during a boogie woogie session singing DOWN THE ROAD APICE ? He looks like young Mick Jagger.
Greetings Raluca

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 18, 2012 10:55

Live in Paris
Bonsoir Boogie!
Evolution Blues
Route 66
Somebody Changed The Lock On My Door
Roll 'Em Pete
Duc De Woogie Boogie
Street Market Drag
Struttin' At Sebastopol
More Sympathy For The Drummer
Blues Des Lombards
Down The Road A Piece
St Louis Blues
Low Down Dog
Encore Stomp

Bonus on Japanese version
The ABC&D of Boogie Woogie

Date: April 18, 2012 11:26

Nice! I hope I will get it at some ABCD&D concert in the near future :-)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home