Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What next? Voodoo /B2B era outtake album
Date: December 29, 2011 19:35

in the same manner as Tattoo You? They talked about this around the time of the delayed B2B shows in 99. Would be an interesting album.

Re: What next? Voodoo /B2B era outtake album
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 29, 2011 20:09

I think it would be better to use these outtakes:

[www.iorr.org]

...especially if the quality of VL/B2B era outtakes are similar to "Anyway you look at it" or "We don't wannna go home'.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 29, 2011 21:05

We've got great Voodoo outtake compilations such as Voodoo Stew, Voodoo Brew, Voodoo Residue, excellent sound quality and excellent compositions like Northern Girl, but no or few outtakes of B2B I think. So at first I want to hear the B2B's. But the outtakes of Voodoo are worth to be released as well.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: December 29, 2011 21:20

What's wrong with an album of new material? ABB was good.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 30, 2011 00:14

I doubt we'll see a VL or B2B 2 disc special edition ala Exile or Some Girls...but I'd buy an outtakes compilation from these sessions. B2B was a great album.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 30, 2011 00:16

Hopefully not.

Date: December 30, 2011 01:54

71Tele
Hopefully not.

Why's that then?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 30, 2011 09:49

I think for the next project they should all overdub onto one of Brian Jones' demo tapes. Then the original Stones can reunite on record.

Date: December 30, 2011 10:17

71Tele
I think for the next project they should all overdub onto one of Brian Jones' demo tapes. Then the original Stones can reunite on record.

Sounds like Free As A Bird. I foresee mass protest on this forum.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 30, 2011 10:24

I think I'll spend my money on 'Black Keys' next album instead...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: December 30, 2011 11:00

this album (VL B"B Outtakes) was ready for release in 99 I think. but it was cancelled in alst minute, no tracklist or name etc.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: December 30, 2011 15:51

it might happen.....jagger never liked the grooves don was used for VL....and id love to hear babyface mix of already over me and keiths guitar mix of might as well get juiced

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 15:53

I hope that they would do an expanded Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, or Beggars...the work their way up to Goats Head and IORR.

Date: December 30, 2011 18:41

I've always been curious to this so called album that they had supposedly ready for release.

Date: December 30, 2011 19:39

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I've always been curious to this so called album that they had supposedly ready for release.

I recall reading about it in Record Collector. Given the time that had elapsed since the release of B2B and the delayed UK shows in 1999 the idea was to have a fresh(ish) product to go with the later shows. Even if they hadn't released it then such an album would have made a nice bridge between B2B and ABB.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: December 30, 2011 19:44

...and the 20 tracks recorded in Suresnes in 2002 at the time of the "40 licks" album....!! ?....

Date: December 30, 2011 22:02

jp.M
...and the 20 tracks recorded in Suresnes in 2002 at the time of the "40 licks" album....!! ?....

"(...) Playing new music really tightens the band up. Getting everybody together for a month in Paris, I didn't mind if we came out with no tracks at all. But as it turned out, we came out with 30 tracks! On our very first night in Paris we got three tracks down. Everybody went, Yeah. Out of the 30 songs we recorded, we mixed four or five. We're still dickering between them right now, figuring out what will go on the album. But my strategy worked, I think. Everyone's got their chops together and they're really looking forward to this tour. It's not just a regurgitation. It's still a working band.

- Keith Richards, July 2002

"We recorded a lot of material in Paris in 2002... We came away with 28 songs. We had the basis for a while for a new album, but we didn't have time before we got caught up in the Forty Licks tour to do the overdubs and polish the songs off".

- Ron Wood, 2003

I thought it was important to get the boys playing new stuff. When we were recording in Paris in May, I thought we might get 4 or 5 tracks down. We got 30.

- Keith Richards, October 2002

"(W)e've got (new tracks) in the can, and in a way I'm going to try to work on them and see if there's an album in there or the beginnings of an album or what. It seems like there's a lot there and it was a very profitable and prolific month in Paris, so I'm not going to just let them sit in the can and forget about them. But at the moment I can't do anything but this. But once this tour gets going, maybe I'll find some time to start working on them.

- Keith Richards, August 2002

We went there, in Paris, to do 6 songs, and we ended up doing 25. Like, we have another new album in the making, if you like, out of the Paris sessions. I would say it wouldn't take more than a few months to do the final vocals and mixing. There's not much needs doing to the basic tracks - you know, maybe an overdub here and there - but if we were forced, we could have it out in a couple of months.

- Ron Wood, October 2002

(We recorded) 28 bits: 28 songs is pushing it, wouldn't that be nice? But there's a lot of great ideas, we've got a lot of stuff for an album that could come afterwards. Maybe with technology we could finish it on the road, like we did with Stripped.

- Mick Jagger, August 2002

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 30, 2011 23:26

They may have 100 unreleased songs from 1989, 1993 or 1996 but all it took was three or four golden pieces to make TY into their last great album. I or some other fan could easily go through their vaults and make an album, mix and produce it to make it sound good but the problem is, I think, that they surround themselves with yes-men who has to put up with and please Mick and or Keith.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 30, 2011 23:34

they surround themselves with yes-men who has to put up with and please Mick and or Keith.

....but it was Was who advised 'em ta trim the tail-end offa Petrol Blooooooze ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 30, 2011 23:46

jp.M

Errrr.......NO.

Date: December 31, 2011 20:34

Redhotcarpet
They may have 100 unreleased songs from 1989, 1993 or 1996 but all it took was three or four golden pieces to make TY into their last great album. I or some other fan could easily go through their vaults and make an album, mix and produce it to make it sound good but the problem is, I think, that they surround themselves with yes-men who has to put up with and please Mick and or Keith.

...this is the problem

Date: January 1, 2012 18:41

these licks songs i think are just ideas in many ways, we have the hurricane outtake i think and then we have two numbers on the licks dvd, so maybe there´s not THAT much

Date: January 1, 2012 21:44

bluesinc.
these licks songs i think are just ideas in many ways, we have the hurricane outtake i think and then we have two numbers on the licks dvd, so maybe there´s not THAT much

Ron and Keith talked about 25/30 songs and not simple ideas! In any case, the problem is the quality of these songs/ideas and if those songs are like 'Losing My Touch', 'Keys to your love', 'Stealing my heart', 'Well Well' and 'Extreme western grip'...eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 1, 2012 22:04

Listened to B2B this morning, and found it top quality. It shows a wonderful split between Mick and Keith's ideas.

I'd like to see a rarities set with their version of For Your Precious Love on it.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: January 1, 2012 23:14

tomcasagranda
I'd like to see a rarities set with their version of For Your Precious Love on it.

I agree with this. I would LOVE to see an official release of this song!!!!

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: January 1, 2012 23:40

Me, I always thought these two LPs were good in their own right. One could make a
GREAT LP from combining elements of the two. But ... ah, which ones?

Date: January 2, 2012 09:57

KRiffhard
bluesinc.

Ron and Keith talked about 25/30 songs and not simple ideas! In any case, the problem is the quality of these songs/ideas and if those songs are like 'Losing My Touch', 'Keys to your love', 'Stealing my heart', 'Well Well' and 'Extreme western grip'...eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

yes, they talked about, but i don´t know if songs in their opinions means songs in our opinions

Date: January 2, 2012 14:04

...and what about the 'mysterious' B2B outtake called 'High or Low'?!

Jan. 10, 2002: Keith collaboration with Sheryl Crow
Keith and Sheryl Crow have been working on a song called "High and Low", she told reporters backstage at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles last night. It is still a work-in-progress and it won't be on her album, which comes out in a few months.

Date: January 2, 2012 14:07

...and these?? I had never heard of these two songs ..

June 30: New album and tour titled War Horses
Unconfirmed rumours from Virgin and ABKCO are saying the combined new 3CD album of old and new songs will be titled War Horses, also the name of the tour. The album is due out in Aug/Sept, and there should be two new tracks: Don't Know How To Stop and Where Can I Meet You, a ballad by Keith.

Date: January 2, 2012 14:44

KRiffhard
...and these?? I had never heard of these two songs ..

June 30: New album and tour titled War Horses
Unconfirmed rumours from Virgin and ABKCO are saying the combined new 3CD album of old and new songs will be titled War Horses, also the name of the tour. The album is due out in Aug/Sept, and there should be two new tracks: Don't Know How To Stop and Where Can I Meet You, a ballad by Keith.

July 19: New album to be called "40 Licks"?
Recent rumours are telling that the title of the new Rolling Stones 2CD album will be "40 Licks", featuring 38 old and two new songs, the new single "Don't Know How to Stop" and Keith's country ballad "Where Can I Meet You?"

High or Low...Don't Know How to Stop...Where Can I Meet You?...confused smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home