Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I Dare Anyone to Come Up With a Stones-Related Topic That Has Not Already Been Covered Either Directly or Indirectly
Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: December 29, 2011 10:05

Well, I for one would like to know what brand of toothpaste (or denture cleaner) Mick Jagger uses. And does he prefer to hang the toilet paper so it pulls from under the roll or over the top?

Re: I Dare Anyone to Come Up With a Stones-Related Topic That Has Not Already Been Covered Either Directly or Indirectly
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 29, 2011 10:59

stonesdan60
And does he prefer to hang the toilet paper so it pulls from under the roll or over the top?

Wood vs Taylor is a mere playground squabble compared to that one...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 29, 2011 11:02

Thread titles that are way too long ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2011 11:20

stonesdan60
Well, I for one would like to know what brand of toothpaste (or denture cleaner) Mick Jagger uses. And does he prefer to hang the toilet paper so it pulls from under the roll or over the top?

MJ is obviously over the top...KR is an underpuller.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: December 29, 2011 17:06

I would be interested to know if there is a 'vault' of some sort for all of Mick's concert wardrobes from over the years.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 29, 2011 17:36

I've always wondered about the shirt Bill Wyman wears in both Let it bleed and Exile on Main Street. Some sort of special significance?? I mean BW is a rock star, he could have expanded his wardrobe.

Though, perhaps it gets lost on the Exile reissue. It's the picture where Wyman is seated and holding up a newspaper. Perhaps a scan later. How could they leave pictures like that off of the Exile reissue? So they can release another one with original artwork in the future.

How about that topic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-29 18:15 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 29, 2011 18:24

stonesdan60
flilflam
I enjoy sharing ideas and opinions on this message board. It is increasingly difficult to come up with a new idea that has not already been discussed to death. Let me think_ Jagger's lips, plastic surgery, arthritis, brain damage, the decline of the Stones since the seventies, the resurgence of disco music. No, I remember having read about these topics.

This is a challenge. Make up a new topic and let others decide if this topic has already been discussed on iorr.org. If you decide to challenge someone, it would help if you could provide proof.

I'm fairly new here but I can already see what sort of things get the most attention. One thing that's only been touched on delicately in books, magazines, etc that I'd love more "inside information" about is what went on at the meetings prior to the Steel Wheels Tour. How I would love to have been a fly on the wall at that time. Most of us could conclude that it was at Jagger's insistence that the tour be "pro." This was the first tour to see the Stones attempt to recreate studio arrangements rather than just figure out how to bash out guitar driven versions as they'd always done. Also the first tour where open-ended jamming that didn't stop until Keith felt like it were gone. Everything was planned and precise. The addition of horns and backup singers to replicate the records. Even using click tracks to perform at the same tempo as the records. I am sure keith must have been vehemently opposed to much if not all of this. I suspect he feared restarting WWIII and losing the chance to get the Stones rolling again if he didn't let Mick have his way. I can't help but wonder what the discussions were like. How much did they fight over these things? I would love it if anyone with more detailed information had anything to share.

Stonesdan, welcome! I would like very much to hear more about that too, interesting stuff, for sure!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 29, 2011 19:04

If the original five Stones and four Beatles formed a baseball team, which position would each play? I guess Mick Taylor could be added as DH, for you American League fans.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 29, 2011 19:11

Which Stone would be most likely to help Steve Perry on his farm?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 29, 2011 20:54

Elmo Lewis
Which Stone would be most likely to help Steve Perry on his farm?

Probably Ronnie, as he has been with a few cows already.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: December 29, 2011 23:58

crumbling_mice
Which members (literally) of the stones present or past, are/were circumsised?
grinning smiley

None of them. Over the years I've seen them all wearing pullovers...winking smiley

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: December 30, 2011 03:06

For the most part, what a load of shite and ridiculous dumbass comments.
Where's the integrity on this site?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 30, 2011 03:09

I beg you pardon?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:06

3DTeafoe
ridiculous dumbass comments

Now that might be a Stones-Related Topic That Has Not Already Been Covered Either Directly or Indirectly smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1352
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home