Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones and Spotify/streaming music
Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 18, 2011 22:28

Gotta hand it to the Stones, and I'd wager this is Mick's doing to keep them current, but pretty much the entire Stones back catalogue is available for streaming on Spotify.

New releases like Some Girls and Exile were available as soon as they're launched, as were the singles box set and remastered Ya Ya's. EU and US versions of 12x5, Aftermath, December's Children, Hitmakers etc are all there for streaming. Heck, even Metamorphosis is on there. I think this is an incredibly impressive and complete representation of the Stones.

Compare this with other classic rock acts like Floyd, Zep and AC/DC who have a strictly "no streaming" policy. Damn frustrating when you wanna get the Led out and you depend on Spotify for your tunes, as I do.

Anyone else feeling the love for the Stones on Spotify or other streaming sites?

Re: The Stones and Spotify/streaming music
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 18, 2011 22:30

yes, think some of these acts take too much of an exstream position....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 18, 2011 22:41

Are you sure these songs are not on your local drive?

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 18, 2011 23:07

NICOS
Are you sure these songs are not on your local drive?

[www.iorr.org]

Yeah positive. Don't have any Stones MP3s on my computer apart from boots like Conquer America etc etc. I do have a Spotify Premium account, though, maybe certain albums are only visible for premium members?

Posted by: cooheid ()
Date: December 18, 2011 23:59

Try grooveshark.com . No adverts and has some bootlegs as well.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 19, 2011 01:20

To me the best streaming service is on Qobuz.com. Because they stream all their music in CD quality. And they have everything from the Stones, including rare albums, such 60's UK EP's, first UK akbum, Rolling Stones No. 2 ...
[www.qobuz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 01:23 by kowalski.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home