Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
OT: Vaclav Havel is dead
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 18, 2011 13:26

It's a bad and sad news. Great man and great musicians friend has just gone. Condolences from Poland to our Czech friends.

Re: OT: Vaclav Havel is dead
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 18, 2011 17:46

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 18, 2011 20:58

My condolences, I know he did a lot for freedom in that country.

Posted by: Sabo ()
Date: December 18, 2011 23:12

funeral Vaclav Havel
Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: December 19, 2011 10:56

mick jagger at the funeral of Vaclav Havel ?

Re: OT: Vaclav Havel R.I.P
Posted by: smudr ()
Date: December 19, 2011 21:53

There´s no other man (other authority) like him in our country anymore. One on the biggest in our nation. He gave us democracy. Humanist, open heart, czech part of Stones. Thank you Václav Havel and sleep kindly. We will love you forever.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: December 20, 2011 00:08

The state funural will be held on friday december 23th. What's on Micks schedule next Friday?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 20, 2011 01:12

I read his eulogy today in the papers and I'm beginning to wonder if that man wasn't a dick after all :

- He came from a super-rich family so he wasn't exactly a working-class hero standing up against the evil Commies from Moscow.

- He spent most of his adult life shagging girls and smoking cigs which killed him

- He wrote several plays which haven't left an indelible print on our collective memories. Otoh Milan Kundera is a great talent

- When his wife Olga died from lung cancer he married a blonde bimbo 20 yeasr yopunger than him. Hey Vaclav that's so Hollywood and so little Jean-Paul Sartre!

- He fully supported Bush-43 (yuck!) and his illegal invasion of Iraq eye rolling smiley

- He was notoriously pro-NATO... as if Uncle Sam will come to save your ass if Putin decides to pay you a visit

- His motto was "Truth and love must prevail over lies and hate." Wow that's deeep! Sounds like a Bono lyric.

And worst of all (in my book) >grinning smiley< he loved Frank Zappa!

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: December 20, 2011 01:25

dcba
I read his eulogy today in the papers and I'm beginning to wonder if that man wasn't a dick after all :

- He came from a super-rich family so he wasn't exactly a working-class hero standing up against the evil Commies from Moscow.

- He spent most of his adult life shagging girls and smoking cigs which killed him

- He wrote several plays which haven't left an indelible print on our collective memories. Otoh Milan Kundera is a great talent

- When his wife Olga died from lung cancer he married a blonde bimbo 20 yeasr yopunger than him. Hey Vaclav that's so Hollywood and so little Jean-Paul Sartre!

- He fully supported Bush-43 (yuck!) and his illegal invasion of Iraq

- He was notoriously pro-NATO... as if Uncle Sam will come to save your ass if Putin decides to pay you a visit

- His motto was "Truth and love must prevail over lies and hate." Wow that's deeep! Sounds like a Bono lyric.

And worst of all (in my book) he loved Frank Zappa!

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: johnny14 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 13:07

[kultura.idnes.cz]

I´ll try to translate: David Gaydecka, promoter, asked RS bassist (Darryl Jones???) if Stones could play Vaclav Havel tribute (today in Prague, Lucerna palace).
Sorry for my bad english...:-(

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 13:19

johnny14
[kultura.idnes.cz]

I´ll try to translate: David Gaydecka, promoter, asked RS bassist (Darryl Jones???) if Stones could play Vaclav Havel tribute (today in Prague, Lucerna palace).
Sorry for my bad english...:-(

It is actually quite funny (and really silly) - the promoter was asked whether they contacted someone from abroad to play at the tribute concert today. The promoter said he called the bass player of The Rolling Stones (???) and tried to leave a message for the band that it would be nice if they came to Prague. But then Ivan Kral (a Czech musician living abroad) called that he would do it and so the place for a guest "sort of from a abroad" (that expression is priceless) was taken...Hmmm...The Stones missed their chance...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-23 13:24 by Happy24.

Date: December 23, 2011 13:22

Thanks for translation.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: December 23, 2011 13:30

I think he spoke to Bill Wyman.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 20:48

Great Man!

RIP

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 23, 2011 21:11

JJackFl
dcba

- He fully supported Bush-43 (yuck!) and his illegal invasion of Iraq

And worst of all (in my book) he loved Frank Zappa!

thumbs upthumbs up

Havel lived his life for freedom. Cheap political correct ideas (oh, he had a younger woman, oh no he did not believe George W. was the devil, oh, he was not working class...) do not do justice to him.He went to jail because he fought against a dictatoric regime, so he deserves lots of respect.

Date: December 23, 2011 21:44

Vaclav Havel tribute Live at Lucerna Palace, Prague, live stream at:[zpravy.idnes.cz]

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: December 24, 2011 12:04

Yes, Havel's family was rich and burgeois - that's why they were expropriated by the communists and he was not allowed to go to university ...

Something similar happened to my my wife's family in Hungary (on a smaller scale ...):

Her father had a bakery and was also expropriated in the 1940s and she also was not allowed to study - got a job at the mayor's office (because she could read and write - not like some of the communist party officials), but never had a career because she refused to become a party member ...

You can't imagine how life really was behind the iron curtain - it took great courage for Havel to stand up to the Communists - and he spent more than five years in jail, but that did not break him!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home