Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OTish-:"Riot Hyatt"(keiths tv toss)
Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: December 16, 2011 03:06

Jim Morrison lived there until he was reportedly evicted by management for hanging out a window by his fingertips, dangling over the pavement.

[www.flickr.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Led Zeppelin rented as many as six floors of the hotel in the mid-to-late 1970s for the band members and entourage. Drummer John Bonham was reported to have driven a motorcycle along the hallways (some say it was tour manager Richard Cole).[3] In the film Rock Star, the character Izzy Cole does this.

Room 1015 bears the distinction of being where Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards dropped a TV out the window. The Who's Keith Moon was also reported to have dropped a TV out of one of the hotel's windows. In the film Rock Star also, the character "A.C.", played by Jason Bonham, son of Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, throws a T.V. off the window in rage, after he is told that his wife ran off with Peter Gabriel.

Lemmy wrote the song "Motorhead" on one of the hotel balconies in the middle of the night, using Roy Wood's Ovation acoustic guitar.

Scenes in the film Almost Famous which depict the hotel were filmed at the actual hotel. Parts of the hotel were refurbished with exactly the same decor as existed there in the 1970s.

The scene from Almost Famous in which Russell Hammond cries out, "I am a Golden God!" is a reference to Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant who allegedly said the same thing while looking over Sunset Strip from one of the hotel's balconies in 1975.

The two-part pilot episode of The Rockford Files, Backlash of the Hunter, had a scene where character Sarah Hunter (Lindsay Wagner) lured the killer of her father into room 1426[1].

The end-of-tour party scene in the film This is Spinal Tap was filmed on the roof of the hotel.

Slipknot Frontman Corey Taylor attempted suicide by jumping from an eighth floor balcony on November 14, 2003, but was stopped.

Little Richard lived in room 319 at the hotel through much of the 1980s and 1990s

Warren Zevon references this place in his song "Poor Poor Pitiful Me".

Re: OTish-:"Riot Hyatt"(keiths tv toss)
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 16, 2011 03:28

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: December 16, 2011 03:55

smileys with beer

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 16, 2011 08:58

I think it is a myth that it was the Hyatt riot house - according to the Journey through America book by Robert Greenfield they were leaving the Warwick hotel in Denver - for those who live in Denver - (I don't as I'm in Melbourne) but have checked it out some years ago there used to be a car park at the back of the hotel where Keith & Bobby threw the tv out onto. Maybe Keith needs to confirm the story as to where he was!!!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:24

That groupie from the elevator (I think she is also the one with the guy shooting heroin in another scene) looks EXACTLY like a high school buddy's sister. Now she was way too young to be that young lady in the film, but I've suspected (not too seriously, but every time I see the movie I'm amazed by the resemblance) it could be their mother, as they always used to say the sister looked exactly like the mother when she was younger. Although by that time it was the 90's and I couldn't tell what she looked like in her youth. But even that facial expression reminds me of her. And when the Stones came to town in '97 she was adamant about him not attending with the threat of grounding, even though she let him go to a Nine Inch Nails Concert about a year earlier, without incident.

So it's really weird when I see that. But I don't entertain the thought too much, but since you posted the video I thought I'd share.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:27

winos
Maybe Keith needs to confirm the story as to where he was!!!

Do you think he will know?

Date: December 16, 2011 10:30

GravityBoy
winos
Maybe Keith needs to confirm the story as to where he was!!!

Do you think he will know?

I'm sure he would know it was either L.A., New York, or in one of the cities between the two.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:35

This was Keith in the 70's, I'm not sure he would have known what country he was in.

Date: December 16, 2011 10:41

"Wake me up when we get to Americanada...istan"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:52

GravityBoy
This was Keith in the 70's, I'm not sure he would have known what country he was in.

but it still would have been good to be anywhere!

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: December 17, 2011 07:26

This DID NOT take place at the Hyatt on Sunset (now the Andaz). I've stayed there countless times. The front of the hotel is on the very busy Sunset Blvd and the rear backs up into the Hollywood Hills, neither which is visible in this clip. Don't know where it was shot, but definitely not West Hollywood...

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: April 26, 2016 03:45

I just checked into this hotel. You pull up and there is a big sign that says:

Valet
"It is good to be anywhere" - Keith Richards

In the lobby is a mural of photos of numerous rock icons including mick in the Stars and Stripes hat.

fun place to stay, and no better welcome upon arrival than the Keith quote on the sign for all guests to see.

Date: December 8, 2023 18:01

I saw this recent brief interview clip with Joe Walsh that made me think of this story.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 8, 2023 19:52

The hotel Sandos Finisterra in Cabo San Lucas had a shrine to Keith & Patti's marriage in the lobby. The marriage happened there. It's been a long time since I've been to Cabo so it could still be there. One of the older hotels there. I stayed there & it was pretty nice.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 8, 2023 20:19

Reading this thread made me think where is "Edith Grove". I hope he's okay.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1443
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home