Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Atlantic City Nov 17-2006
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: December 13, 2011 19:15

Can you give me your comments on this show on cd. I quite like it.

Re: Atlantic City Nov 17-2006
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 13, 2011 19:18

I was there probabaly the best Stones show I ever saw!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 13, 2011 19:31

sorry wrong show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-13 19:32 by adotulipson.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 13, 2011 19:54

The 75 philly show was better...

I was at the AC concert and i didn't think the sound was very good..
I was sitting in the back..But It may have just been where i was sitting!

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: December 13, 2011 19:54

I was there. She Was Hot and Loving Cup were outstanding. Oddly enough, Streets of Love was a highlight - Micks singing was spot on. The Keith and Ronnie "You Got the Silver" was also a highlight.

The second stage songs - Under My Thumb, Start Me Up, and She's So Cold had some sound issues.

Overall, the show ranks in my top 2 or 3. (Opening Night '89 is #1). Definitely recommend it.

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: December 13, 2011 20:13

ssprings
I was there. She Was Hot and Loving Cup were outstanding. Oddly enough, Streets of Love was a highlight - Micks singing was spot on. The Keith and Ronnie "You Got the Silver" was also a highlight.

The second stage songs - Under My Thumb, Start Me Up, and She's So Cold had some sound issues.

Overall, the show ranks in my top 2 or 3. (Opening Night '89 is #1). Definitely recommend it.

Thanks I do have it but was wondering what other people thought of it. Gotta find it and listen again.

Date: December 13, 2011 20:42

The Bootleg was titled "Home On A Bus". There is a two song B Stage clip on You Tube. Micks vocals and performance was the best I ever saw or heard. I beleive this was within a short time after his father passed away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-13 20:44 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: December 13, 2011 20:52

No Problem--- Were you at the show?

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 13, 2011 23:45

I was at that show...go pull up my review right here in IORR.org

Look for PECMAN...

I absolutley agree with SSPrings...She Was Hot, Loving Cup and Streets of Love were highlights...actually SOL was amazing that I actually grew a likeing to the song....

But the absolute highlights were #1...You Got The Silver...Ronnie Wood was spot on Perfect...and the Crowd deserves #2....

PECMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-13 23:46 by Pecman.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 00:28

I was at that show and thought it was one of the best Stones' performances I had ever seen. They did not miss a "beat" and each song sounded clean and forceful.
Would like to have a copy of the sound board of that show.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2011 02:47

More Hot Rocks
The Bootleg was titled "Home On A Bus". There is a two song B Stage clip on You Tube. Micks vocals and performance was the best I ever saw or heard. I beleive this was within a short time after his father passed away.

It was,indeed. His dad died on the 11th - the day of the Las Vegas show. Mick had flown to London after the Phoenix concert (8th Nov) to see him, flew back to Vegas on the morning of the 11th and was told on arrival that his father had died. Despite that, plus the fact he'd just stepped off a 12-13 hour transatlantic flight, he went on stage a couple of hours later and put on what was, by all accounts, a first class performance.

Quite a trooper.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:27

Gazza
More Hot Rocks

It was,indeed. His dad died on the 11th - the day of the Las Vegas show. Mick had flown to London after the Phoenix concert (8th Nov) to see him, flew back to Vegas on the morning of the 11th and was told on arrival that his father had died. Despite that, plus the fact he'd just stepped off a 12-13 hour transatlantic flight, he went on stage a couple of hours later and put on what was, by all accounts, a first class performance.

Quite a trooper.

I was at the Boise show on the 14th, another first-class performance.

I found out about Mick's father on the local newscast in the hotel room.
It was not known at the time if the show would go on, but of course it did.

Lots of fan support at the arena, flowers, banners, etc. on the fence outside the arena.

Date: December 14, 2011 04:36

This was one example of a news story where fans made a point of NOT posting info on message boards, in order to make sure it didn't get picked up by the media.

Word had got around after the Phoenix show that Joe was dying and that Mick was flying home to see him, and that it was possible the Vegas show might have to be postponed. So, those of us who ran fansites had a bit of a dilemma - between keeping fans who had tickets informed and respecting Mick's right to privacy. In the end, we simply e-mailed everyone we knew who had tickets, told them the show was at risk, and to tell everyone THEY knew who had tickets to pass the info on - but that the story shouldn't be posted. As it turned out, Mick decided to do the show anyway.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: December 14, 2011 05:05

Amazing show(the most recent one I saw). I remember driving down to AC which is about 1 hr and 45 min away from me on the original scheduled date. My friend called me and asked me, did you hear the news about the Stones??? I said no is everyone in the band ok? He said yeah but Mick had to cancel due to 'throat problems". The Beacon shows actually were being filmed the next day and I think that had something to do with it. I was kinda bummed but sooooo glad they resheduled and were able to keep the date after Mick's dad passed.. Turns out to be one of the best shows I ever saw them do! Streets of Love echoed in the AC Convention center and the sound was great for the 14,000+ sold out venue.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 05:12

It was a great show, but the sound was horrible in that venue.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 05:45

Atlantic City....great both times

Date: December 14, 2011 13:20

SOL was amazing.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 13:54

More Hot Rocks

That's funny about how different people see shows .
I saw 7 shows on the ABB tour and I thought this was the poorest that I saw .
Perhaps it was because I had to travel there on 2 occasions because of the prior cancellation or maybe it was because I knew it was the last time I'd see them on this tour and maybe the last time ever .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-14 13:54 by boston2006.

Date: December 14, 2011 14:34

MJRocksoff
Amazing show(the most recent one I saw). I remember driving down to AC which is about 1 hr and 45 min away from me on the original scheduled date. My friend called me and asked me, did you hear the news about the Stones??? I said no is everyone in the band ok? He said yeah but Mick had to cancel due to 'throat problems". The Beacon shows actually were being filmed the next day and I think that had something to do with it. I was kinda bummed but sooooo glad they resheduled and were able to keep the date after Mick's dad passed.. Turns out to be one of the best shows I ever saw them do! Streets of Love echoed in the AC Convention center and the sound was great for the 14,000+ sold out venue.

The first show was postponed under very 'dubious' circumstances - as was the timing of the announcement - but thats another story.

Date: December 14, 2011 15:23

Gazza
More Hot Rocks

Quite a trooper.

I'd like to see Mick with a county mounty hat on.

Date: December 14, 2011 15:43

boston2006
More Hot Rocks

That's funny about how different people see shows .
I saw 7 shows on the ABB tour and I thought this was the poorest that I saw .
Perhaps it was because I had to travel there on 2 occasions because of the prior cancellation or maybe it was because I knew it was the last time I'd see them on this tour and maybe the last time ever .

There are alot of variables when we go to shows. Seating has alot to do with it. Getting a sweet spot for sound too. I too drove 12 hours from Buffalo, NY day of the show. It was worth it.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 14, 2011 18:33

My wife and I drove up to NJ from DC (twice, per the cancellation) to see the show. Agree with all those who point out how surprisingly successful SOL was. Mick was in a frenzy and the crowd went absolutely crazy. Also agree with those who thought She Was Hot was great.

It should additionally be pointed out that on SFTD Keith put some talcum powder (I assume that's what it was ... maybe it was cocaine!) on the neck of his black Gibson and proceeded to play a positively blistering solo. It really gave the lie to claims then and since that he 'can't play anymore.'

I was lucky enough to be 3rd or 4th row at the small stage, and that was hugely fun, even if the sound was uneven.

Date: December 14, 2011 18:50

scaffer
My wife and I drove up to NJ from DC (twice, per the cancellation) to see the show. Agree with all those who point out how surprisingly successful SOL was. Mick was in a frenzy and the crowd went absolutely crazy. Also agree with those who thought She Was Hot was great.

It should additionally be pointed out that on SFTD Keith put some talcum powder (I assume that's what it was ... maybe it was cocaine!) on the neck of his black Gibson and proceeded to play a positively blistering solo. It really gave the lie to claims then and since that he 'can't play anymore.'

I was lucky enough to be 3rd or 4th row at the small stage, and that was hugely fun, even if the sound was uneven.

Hey Scaffer; Check this video out. You might see yourself.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 14, 2011 19:33

Wow, I went back and read the reviews of this show and was surprised how glowing most of them were (there are several). What really struck me was how almost every one of them mentioned how great Streets of Love was. Weird. I need to hear this show I guess.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: December 14, 2011 19:45

was this the makeup of the show originally scheduled for Oct when Mick cancelled because of throat problems?

Date: December 14, 2011 19:52

reg thorpe
was this the makeup of the show originally scheduled for Oct when Mick cancelled because of throat problems?

Yes. This is the one.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 14, 2011 19:55

reg thorpe

Yeah, I was at the Boise show just three days prior.

I watched the crew take apart the Boise stage while waiting for the crowd to thin out after the show.
They started the second after the boys left the stage and worked at record pace.
I've never seen a stage come down so fast, but they only had three days to get across country and set up again.

Date: December 14, 2011 22:25

Here are some still shots of the show.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 14, 2011 22:26

Thanks so much More Hot Rocks. I believe a majority of the time we're just barely obscured because we're on the right; but I think now and then my wife can be seen raising her hands. Great stuff!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 14, 2011 22:49

Streets of Love was unreal

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home