Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Remember Stu
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 13, 2011 01:37

Wonderful interview with amazing insights. Never seen that one before. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 13, 2011 02:07

Ah, gone way too soon....a real loss. He was a man who knew the power of forgiveness. He could have gone off after Oldham tossed him aside but he loved those guys so much, and the music of course, that he stayed. He will always be missed.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 14, 2011 10:54

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-16 20:20 by SwayStones.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: December 14, 2011 12:10

Around and around is his masterpiece.

Once I saw parts of a concert by Ronnie Lane and his band televiesed on German TV WDR featuring a great Stu on piano but I do not think that a CD or DVD is available.

Date: December 14, 2011 16:54

Sway - Thanks so much for posting. There are some amazing insights here.

"Keith was really not sure about Woody, because he felt that Woody played too much like him, and that it wouldn't sound good. But Mick and I wanted Woody. The other guys were rather undecided."

It is perhaps the first time I have seen someone state that Woody was Jagger (and Stu's) choice and that Richards was unsure about Woody because he thought that Woody played too much like him. This puts the hiring of Woody and Keith's thinking at that time into into a whole new perspective.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 14, 2011 16:55

SwayStones
Gazza
Wonderful interview with amazing insights. Never seen that one before. Thanks for sharing it.

In case you haven't read what I posted on RO as an answer to your comment ,Gazza ,here it is again cool smiley

Of course I did. And I replied there. Not sure why you chose to post it again here, though. confused smiley

My comment was a joke that you didnt get. Never mind. No harm done. smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-14 16:56 by Gazza.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 14, 2011 17:00

wanderingspirit66
Sway - Thanks so much for posting. There are some amazing insights here.

"Keith was really not sure about Woody, because he felt that Woody played too much like him, and that it wouldn't sound good. But Mick and I wanted Woody. The other guys were rather undecided."

It is perhaps the first time I have seen someone state that Woody was Jagger (and Stu's) choice and that Richards was unsure about Woody because he thought that Woody played too much like him. This puts the hiring of Woody and Keith's thinking at that time into into a whole new perspective.

I think Keith has shown that he is quite conservative...doesn't embrace change all that well. So because Ron was so different than Taylor, this would have required potentially a different approach to the music, which KR wouldn't have liked because it was out of his comfort zone, at the moment.

Once he got used to it though it would be the new norm and he wouldn't want to deviate from that.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: December 15, 2011 22:14

"IS: Well, we have played them onstage but it's too much pissing about with acoustic guitars."

Maybe it's some sort of British slang, but I've never understood what Stu meant by this comment. Is he saying it was too much trouble to set up the acoutic guitars and getting the sound right for just a song or two? I always thought Sweet Virginia, Dead Flowers, etc. came off pretty good in concert, and Dead Flowers was usually played using electric guitars.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 15, 2011 22:49

Gazza
SwayStones
Gazza

In case you haven't read what I posted on RO as an answer to your comment ,Gazza ,here it is again cool smiley

My comment was a joke that you didnt get. Never mind. No harm done. smileys with beer

Ok,Gazza,my bad .I obviously didn't get you.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-16 11:11 by SwayStones.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 15, 2011 23:01

Crackinup
"IS: Well, we have played them onstage but it's too much pissing about with acoustic guitars."

Maybe it's some sort of British slang, but I've never understood what Stu meant by this comment. Is he saying it was too much trouble to set up the acoutic guitars and getting the sound right for just a song or two? I always thought Sweet Virginia, Dead Flowers, etc. came off pretty good in concert, and Dead Flowers was usually played using electric guitars.

Yes, he means they were too much hassle, too much messing about to set up etc.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 15, 2011 23:08

Max'sKansasCity
abcdefghijklmnopqrSTUvwxyz

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2011 23:32

Rcool smileyCK AND Rsmoking smileyLL

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home