Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Think we'll get an album/tour or the Warhorses 1 more time?
Date: December 9, 2011 19:20

I'd like a new album.

Even just a few new songs like they did w/ Don't Stop, Stealing My Heart etc would be great...

But I don't think they'll create a new album since time is running out.

Re: Think we'll get an album/tour or the Warhorses 1 more time?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 9, 2011 19:25

YES, I think so, but then I am an optimist about such things.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 9, 2011 19:35

I hope we don't get any crap like 'Don't Stop'. I'd have to go dig out my Forty Licks to even see what those songs were. They left absolutely no impression, except that the Stones couldn't cut it in the studio any more. My guess is they'll half-heartedly put out some single disc of warhorses for the three people who don't have them yet.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 9, 2011 19:37

One perspective might be.....
They do read the message boards.... and they read how so many people (not me) bash every new albumand song made in the last 30 years... and they are rich... and they might say... fk it.... why go through the trouble of making a new album when all these supoosed fans will just say things like ""after Tattoo You, I don't think there's a single Stones album that is essential"".

They might say why bother at all?... we can tour and sell tickets and make a hell of a lot of money without having to bother making another new song or worry about people stealing it/downloading for free... and we wont have to listen to all these people whine about our new music.

Id love to see a new album, but if they dont, I understand

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 9, 2011 19:37

Forget new stuff.

Pull out the hardly ever, or never heard before gems they got plenty of.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 9, 2011 19:50

They should focus on the tour and drop the charade about "writing new songs to stay active blah blah." They say that, but what they play on stage presents a whole different position.

This is the 50th Anniversary...don't clutter it with new songs that no one (even the band) really wants to know. Go on the road, pull a 40 Licks and give us deep cuts and obscure songs. THOSE are your "new" songs right there.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 9, 2011 20:09

Justin

This is the 50th Anniversary...don't clutter it with new songs that no one (even the band) really wants to know. Go on the road, pull a 40 Licks and give us deep cuts and obscure songs. THOSE are your "new" songs right there.

agree.

as much as i'd like a great new album (of new material)....their final bow should be something like the Licks tour
with hits and deeper cuts...done well.

that being said.....I doubt they will have a full blown tour. Maybe multiple shows in key US & European locations.

It might be the MOST VEGAS of all Vegas-style shows...but I don't mind that. Never did. And of course I'm in favor
of bringing Mick T & Bill W (and others linked to the Stones)...but I'm not in favor of making it
a show full of special guests like Dave Mathews, Bono, Sheryl Crow etc...

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-09 20:15 by sweet neo con.

Date: December 9, 2011 20:10

I'd be blown away if they come up w/ a new 17 track album + a world tour.

Just hope Keith can remember 17 new songs!

I just love how they've matured and would love to hear another album.

However good title it is, I don't wan't IT to end w/ Infamy...

Date: December 9, 2011 20:21

steel driving hammer
....I don't wan't IT to end......

I dont want IT to end at all..... I never do : ( but everything does,
the problem with living so long and having so much fun it is all ends...
songs... concerts... days..... relationships.... marriages.... lives....
They all end...... it gets old... and it is one of the main reasons I am
such a Stones head..... they are one of the very few things that has never ended
never quit on me... never stopped.... they keep on keeping on... and so do I....
Thanks to The Rolling fkn Stones.. STONES RULE!!! THE MOON MUST BE FULL!!! HOWL!!!

"everyone I know goes away in the end"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 9, 2011 20:25

I just hope they release a deluxe version of one of their great previous LPs. Maybe include some extra tracks from the archive of outtakes.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 9, 2011 20:56

There will NOT be a world tour like previous tours. Everyone should stop hoping for/expecting that. More likely a group of shows in select cities.

Date: December 9, 2011 21:15

They will play in Peru though.

Mick was there last month to make arrangements.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: December 9, 2011 21:19

71Tele
There will NOT be a world tour like previous tours. Everyone should stop hoping for/expecting that. More likely a group of shows in select cities.

I'm so glad that you know this cause nobody else does

Date: December 9, 2011 21:52

71Tele

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2011 22:25

Munichhilton
I just hope they release a deluxe version of one of their great previous LPs. Maybe include some extra tracks from the archive of outtakes.

That's so sarcastic it's beyond humour!

Date: December 9, 2011 23:05

pgarof
71Tele

I'm so glad that you know this cause nobody else does

I don't know. It's an educated conclusion based on all the available evidence. At least I admit it I don't know for sure, unlike some people.

Date: December 9, 2011 23:57

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

I don't know, Mx KC, you seem much more Wizard-like than me, with your magical ability to pull photos for any occassion. cool smiley

Posted by: pinksuit ()
Date: December 10, 2011 00:15

Max'sKansasCity
steel driving hammer

such a Stones head..... they are one of the very few things that has never ended
never quit on me... never stopped.... they keep on keeping on... and so do I....
Thanks to The Rolling fkn Stones.. STONES RULE!!! THE MOON MUST BE FULL!!! HOWL!!!

Ha! That's exactly the sentiment! ( I plead guilty as well) What was wrong with "Don't Stop" it was like a new BMW, every hard core fan moans and then it turns out to be great live. Jagger is still creating (and I like what he does, except for will.i.am), Charlie is playing, Ronnie, I don't know. Keith, hm it is Keith.Let's just see. It is a moving target and as long as something is happening that is actually music, i'd be grateful

Date: December 10, 2011 00:20

Spot on, jah man, thats life..

Date: December 10, 2011 00:52

I think they'l do a Licks type tour w/ 4 or so NEW songs like Don't Stop, Stealing, etc...

But shit I"d take anything.

Anything you bastards.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 10, 2011 01:10

If they tour - scratch that - PLAY again anywhere for their 50th anniversary, I really hope that they stay away from any of their post-Tattoo You material. I don't want my last chance to see them to be wasting a MINUTE of concert time for mediocrity. Or letting Keith sing, for that matter.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 10, 2011 01:49

steel driving hammer
I'd like a new album.

Even just a few new songs like they did w/ Don't Stop, Stealing My Heart etc would be great...

If that's the case, no new album, just a tour. Those songs are not worthy of being on their own album yet somehow they wound up on a greatest hits album. They do make some strange decisions.

Date: December 10, 2011 02:40

jamesfdouglas
If they tour - scratch that - PLAY again anywhere for their 50th anniversary, I really hope that they stay away from any of their post-Tattoo You material. I don't want my last chance to see them to be wasting a MINUTE of concert time for mediocrity. Or letting Keith sing, for that matter.

So you are basically hoping for an "oldies show" along the lines of what groups like REO, Styx, Journey, Pat Benetar do? I think those types of shows are really sad. I dont view The Stones as an "oldies band".

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 10, 2011 03:20

Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas

So you are basically hoping for an "oldies show" along the lines of what groups like REO, Styx, Journey, Pat Benetar do? I think those types of shows are really sad. I dont view The Stones as an "oldies band".

I hope it's not the case, but I tend to think we'll get something like this every night...all the favorites one last time.

Start Me Up
Bitch
Let’s Spend The Night Together
Ruby Tuesday
Angie
Miss You
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
It’s Only Rock n Roll
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
Satisfaction (encore)

Date: December 10, 2011 03:26

Jah Paul
Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas

I hope it's not the case, but I tend to think we'll get something like this every night...all the favorites one last time.

Start Me Up
Bitch
Let’s Spend The Night Together
Ruby Tuesday
Angie
Miss You
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
It’s Only Rock n Roll
Tumbling Dice
Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
Satisfaction (encore)

Well, that set list would make james happy.... I would like to hear newer song too, like Out of Control and... well I guess I shouldnt specify... heck, as long as they play in my backyard, or a local bar, I will be happy.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 10, 2011 03:30

Max'sKansasCity
jamesfdouglas

I don't care when it came out, I just want to hear good Stones songs that I absolutely love (there are a few between '83 and '97 but still too risky to even consider getting to hear the noes I mean). But If wanting to hear Let It Loose rather than Streets Of Love makes me a stick-in-the-mud... I'm cool with that. This is, of course, if it's THE LAST TIME I'll ever get to see them.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 10, 2011 03:35

I thought "Back of my hand" was pretty good on the last tour.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: December 10, 2011 03:58

Max'sKansasCity
steel driving hammer

Well said MKC, thanks for sharing that.

Date: December 10, 2011 04:09

RSbestbandever
Well said MKC, thanks for sharing that.
you are welcome smiling smiley guess im feeling that full moon and the holiday seasoning.

Date: December 10, 2011 17:36

MKC, I was thinking last night of your post and you are right.

Stones stuck w/ us forever!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-10 18:11 by steel driving hammer.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home