Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Daily Mail: Mick's secrets: aerial yoga, Pilates, ballet, running, swimming, wheatgrass
Posted by: rev20 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 13:56

"The septuagenarian has been working out with Norwegian trainer Torje Eike
for around 24 years, five or six times a week"

"As first-generation rock stars, the band have had to contend with ageism."

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 14:00 by rev20.

Re: Daily Mail: Mick's secrets: aerial yoga, Pilates, ballet, running, swimming, wheatgrass
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 23, 2018 14:07

Sure, good for him. But you can't fight age anyhow.

Re: Daily Mail: Mick's secrets: aerial yoga, Pilates, ballet, running, swimming, wheatgrass
Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: May 23, 2018 14:30

I think that Mick can write a book on how to stay healthy (training, diet etc.) and Keith on how to recover from drugs and booze addiction.

Ron and Charlie can write a book on psychology. How to stay a cool and a funny guy, almost normal, while being a Rolling Stones.

All together they can write a nice book, to share their experience, as human beings facing their own legends.

I love all of them...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 23, 2018 14:52

A 3 hour gig??? Hahaha
Jeroen

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 15:03

12 miles onstage? C'mon...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 15:06

bullshit article

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2018 15:18

Daily Mail...

"He’s barely touched alcohol in 25 years. ‘It’s debilitating to drink a lot,’ he told an interviewer."

Dammit, Mick's 25 years older than me. It means that I need to stop drinking right now... Well, Keith's not doing bad either, so I probably just follow his lead...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 23, 2018 15:44

keefriff99

Absolutely, but far from the first time this sort of nonsense has been peddled. So many times I've read that he does 10 miles a show but work that out - he'd be moving at 5 miles an hour for the whole show. It's ridiculous. None of which is to say of course that he's not incredibly fit; he obviously is and it's been an inspiration to me for many years now.

Date: May 23, 2018 16:02

rebelrebel
keefriff99

Absolutely, but far from the first time this sort of nonsense has been peddled. So many times I've read that he does 10 miles a show but work that out - he'd be moving at 5 miles an hour for the whole show. It's ridiculous. None of which is to say of course that he's not incredibly fit; he obviously is and it's been an inspiration to me for many years now.
Same here...not taking anything away from him, but that kind of exaggeration is silly.

Similar claims have been made about Angus Young running around 10 miles onstage...Angus is maybe even more mobile onstage than Mick, at least in terms of ground covered, but even that is beyond belief.

Date: May 23, 2018 16:14

well yeah its certainly not distance covered,

but what about equivalent energy expended ?

the vocals, the emoting, the moving in place, the full-on dancing,
the amazing constant arm movement, much of it above the shoulders
(which is exhausting), plus the ground covered

when you distance-run, its very controlled and efficient, arms kept peaceful

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 16:25 by rev20.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 23, 2018 16:16

12 miles in 2 hours that's 6 miles per hour, means Mick is running fast the whole time. Wow. so when he stops for a few slow numbers that means he must run at 9 miles per hour the rest of the gig to cover 12 miles, wow that's sprinting, that's impressive, perhaps he runs so fast we miss him and it looks like he's walking fast..
He can run, and he does run on stage from time to time but this is the Daily Mail again, its likely BS.

I doubt he runs 8 miles a day when training these days, its like they take bits from previous interviews over the years and put them into one, running 8 miles a day would be crazy for someone his age, it would make him prone to injury's running 56 miles per week, i think he might have done that in 81' 82' when that video clip was recorded. I'm sure Mick said a few years back that he doesn't do running so much these days. He probably jogs 3 or 4 miles on the treadmill to warm up in the gym.

He's obviously in great shape for his age and he's not about to let the public know his secrets, there are enhancers out there these days that he won't go into, Mick never reveals what he takes and how he trains and eats in any detail, perhaps this article is genuine but i can't see it. Pasta before he goes on stage, food smoothies shakes for breakfast or dinner. So when he and Matt go to dinner in these lovely restaurants Mick orders a smoothie with extra protein ( get out of here )
I know lots of people who do yoga and drink smoothies and eat pasta but they can't do what Mick does. His main thing is he needs to sing while on the go and that takes more that Pilates and Ballet , there is more to it than that.
I bet he orders a lovely meal each day at some point, he's earnt it. The amount of training Mick does and live shows would enable him to eat well, he's still lean and muscular and those muscles burn calories, can't think of anyone his age who looks as physically young as him, whatever he does its working.
If he wrote a food and exercise book i and many others would buy it straight away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-23 16:34 by keithsman.

Date: May 23, 2018 16:44

I run a few days a week, and even with warming up and stretching daily, there's almost always some nagging soreness, aches and tightness. It just comes with the territory.

Mick doesn't need that at his age. What he focuses on is flexibility, balance and endurance.

As far as Mick talking about his routine...it's just not his style. He doesn't like discussing personal matters as it is, and I'm sure he prefers having the mystique of people marveling at how he does what he does at his age.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: May 23, 2018 17:04

Yeah I've always hoped he would at least write a book/article on how he keeps fit more in depth for daily use for us all...

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 23, 2018 17:54

BamaStone
Yeah I've always hoped he would at least write a book/article on how he keeps fit more in depth for daily use for us all...

I just admire him so much. I know he works very hard to maintain his condition.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 23, 2018 18:57

All those years of working out and eating healthy have really paid off for Mick.
Plus, the adrenaline he gets from performing in front of thousands of people doesnt hurt either.
God Bless the Rolling Stones!

Date: May 23, 2018 20:30

The one that amazes me the most is Ronnie, i mean he has buried himself in drink and drugs for most of his life and he is so fit now, he's this ball of energy all over the stage, almost 71, he never moved like that when he was young, his body looks as good as Mick's and he appears to have done very little to get these results.
Ronnie is a one off, a one in a million, he was never bloated when he drank, never got fat, just mind boggling.
He only gave up cigarettes a couple years ago.
These guys are all unreal, Keith the comeback man of all time, Charlie back from cancer, its just outside of reality, fictional stuff but its real.

Date: May 23, 2018 20:43

keithsman
The one that amazes me the most is Ronnie, i mean he has buried himself in drink and drugs for most of his life and he is so fit now, he's this ball of energy all over the stage, almost 71, he never moved like that when he was young, his body looks as good as Mick's and he appears to have done very little to get these results.
Ronnie is a one off, a one in a million, he was never bloated when he drank, never got fat, just mind boggling.
He only gave up cigarettes a couple years ago.
These guys are all unreal, Keith the comeback man of all time, Charlie back from cancer, its just outside of reality, fictional stuff but its real.
They all look fantastic. Mick of course is a physical marvel, but Ronnie is remarkably fit himself, especially when you consider all the abuse he subjected himself to.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 23, 2018 22:39

I would bet he never runs at all. Even if you are very fit, your knees can only take a certain amount of wear and tear before they are permanently injured. Running is a very costly form of exercise.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 23, 2018 22:46

keithsman
12 miles in 2 hours that's 6 miles per hour, means Mick is running fast the whole time. Wow. so when he stops for a few slow numbers that means he must run at 9 miles per hour the rest of the gig to cover 12 miles, wow that's sprinting, that's impressive, perhaps he runs so fast we miss him and it looks like he's walking fast..
He can run, and he does run on stage from time to time but this is the Daily Mail again, its likely BS.

I doubt he runs 8 miles a day when training these days, its like they take bits from previous interviews over the years and put them into one, running 8 miles a day would be crazy for someone his age, it would make him prone to injury's running 56 miles per week, i think he might have done that in 81' 82' when that video clip was recorded. I'm sure Mick said a few years back that he doesn't do running so much these days. He probably jogs 3 or 4 miles on the treadmill to warm up in the gym.

He's obviously in great shape for his age and he's not about to let the public know his secrets, there are enhancers out there these days that he won't go into, Mick never reveals what he takes and how he trains and eats in any detail, perhaps this article is genuine but i can't see it. Pasta before he goes on stage, food smoothies shakes for breakfast or dinner. So when he and Matt go to dinner in these lovely restaurants Mick orders a smoothie with extra protein ( get out of here )
I know lots of people who do yoga and drink smoothies and eat pasta but they can't do what Mick does. His main thing is he needs to sing while on the go and that takes more that Pilates and Ballet , there is more to it than that.
I bet he orders a lovely meal each day at some point, he's earnt it. The amount of training Mick does and live shows would enable him to eat well, he's still lean and muscular and those muscles burn calories, can't think of anyone his age who looks as physically young as him, whatever he does its working.
If he wrote a food and exercise book i and many others would buy it straight away.

6 mph is not fast, and 9 mph is not sprinting.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 22:47

Stoneage
Sure, good for him. But you can't fight age anyhow.
Mick needs a good shape for the gigs and win his money.
Mick needs money to keep himself in good shape.
The hen or the egg!

Date: May 23, 2018 23:05

Bliss
I would bet he never runs at all. Even if you are very fit, your knees can only take a certain amount of wear and tear before they are permanently injured. Running is a very costly form of exercise.
That's not true. Proper form, warming up and good footwear are all essential.

Date: May 24, 2018 01:34

MKjan

Keithsman
9 mph will take you just over two and a half hours to complete a marathon, that's fast, easily beats my fastest time of 3 and a half hours.
OK its not sprinting but its an average over 2 hours, who sprints for 2 hours.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 24, 2018 01:41

rebelrebel
keefriff99

an inspiration how to get nice Young women into your bed???
jeroen

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 24, 2018 02:12

rev20

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

The irony of this statement coming from a tabloid is obviously lost on the idiot who wrote it

Date: May 24, 2018 03:06

Gazza
rev20

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

The irony of this statement coming from a tabloid is obviously lost on the idiot who wrote it

the "ageism" thing ?

that's a quote from Mick. and i think an intentionally funny one

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 24, 2018 04:32

keithsman
MKjan

Keithsman
9 mph will take you just over two and a half hours to complete a marathon, that's fast, easily beats my fastest time of 3 and a half hours.

I think 9mph would get you to the finish line in 2:54:48, closer to 3 hours.

Date: May 24, 2018 07:43

slightly different article, with hilarious photoshops

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"Where he once drank to escape, now Mick favours mediation, having even spent
time enjoying the practice with monks in Thailand and Laos."
(also Cambodia
and India, as I have previously reported -- revvy) "Mick admitted: 'It's
too debilitating to drink a lot, so I use other relaxation techniques...
I sit on my own, calm down, take stock.'"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-24 07:44 by rev20.

Date: May 24, 2018 09:19

MKjan
keithsman
MKjan

Keithsman

I think 9mph would get you to the finish line in 2:54:48, closer to 3 hours.

Yes but the point i was making is there is no way Mick runs 12 miles throughout a show. More like 6.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2018 09:43

rev20
slightly different article, with hilarious photoshops

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"Where he once drank to escape, now Mick favours mediation, having even spent
time enjoying the practice with monks in Thailand and Laos."
(also Cambodia
and India, as I have previously reported -- revvy) "Mick admitted: 'It's
too debilitating to drink a lot, so I use other relaxation techniques...
I sit on my own, calm down, take stock.'"

thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 24, 2018 10:32

BamaStone

"Sex with girls who weren't even born when "Wandering Spirit" came out that's my health secret" tells the famous singer to the Daily Telegraph. grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home