Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Jagger's Lovers' At War
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2018 10:29

From our reliable source, The Daily Mail

[www.google.co.uk]

Re: Jagger's Lovers' At War
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2018 10:37

ACE shirt Keef ........ and dem eyes are the window to theeeee soul ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 28, 2018 12:35

Big Al

[www.google.co.uk]

Good bit of pre tour publicity.

Date: April 28, 2018 12:58

Big Al

[www.google.co.uk]

The other thread where this (eventually) became the topic just got closed down by Bjørnulf. Let's see how long this one will last smiling smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 28, 2018 17:05

Rockman

ACE shirt Keef ........ and dem eyes are the window to theeeee soul ....

That session is his best since 1980ish, maybe late 70s. Reminds me of https

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2018 17:22

Yep, BV closed the last one. It turned into a gossip thread, and I don't think BV likes that. He is running a fan forum.

Shortly about Sir Michael's harem: At least he can afford to have one...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 28, 2018 17:42

Mick posted a remembering L’wren on her b-day instagram today-

It hasn’t all been kicks and giggles. But luv never is,
or something like that.

Anyway, I support Mick.
Long live Mick!

*kiss kiss

Date: April 28, 2018 18:36

Stoneage
Yep, BV closed the last one. It turned into a gossip thread, and I don't think BV likes that. He is running a fan forum.

Fans are allowed a gossip though, surely? Jagger's womanising and tangled web of a love life are an intrinsic part of the Rolling Stones' story. Here would be a bore - and here surely isn't - if we solely discussed touring and imugnary, forthcoming studio albums.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2018 18:44

Big Al
Stoneage

Fans are allowed a gossip though, surely? Jagger's womanising and tangled web of a love life are an intrinsic part of the Rolling Stones' story. Here would be a bore - and here surely isn't - if we solely discussed touring and imugnary, forthcoming studio albums.
Believe the issue was how "off-topic" the conversation had drifted.
If Revvy had waited for this thread, likely wouldn't have been banned.. again.
Hope he returns.. again.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 28, 2018 18:49

I agree this makes for good tour publicity. Unless feelings are truly being hurt. Anyhow, I love that picture of Keith posted by Rockman. I know it was in a magazine called WSJ but I never found it. I'm hoping to catch it in high resolution one day. It's probably my favorite picture of him from these days.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 28, 2018 19:12

frankotero
Anyhow, I love that picture of Keith posted by Rockman. I know it was in a magazine called WSJ but I never found it.

Wall Street Journal's monthly upscale magazine.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 28, 2018 20:24

I give up..............the look on her face is as though she's just been cuddled up to by a old uncle at a family wedding reception who she hasn't seen for years, doesn't really know and smells of wee a bit....................and she can't wait to get away.........oh god.....This is love in that world?????????

Maybe I'm wrong, could be...............>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2018 20:28

EddieByword
I give up..............the look on her face is as though she's just been cuddled up to by a old uncle at a family wedding reception who she hasn't seen for years, doesn't really know and smells of wee a bit....................and she can't wait to get away.........oh god.....This is love in that world?????????

Lol I think you're right....smothered...trapped...trying to squirm away...

Date: April 28, 2018 20:42

Hairball
EddieByword

smileys with beer

Date: April 28, 2018 20:46

EddieByword
Hairball
EddieByword

smileys with beer

...............plus, I don't know which is worse, MJ accepting a knighthood or KR apologising for telling the truth.........(re. 'The snip' and 'poor kids'...................(But as Keef said "he'd lie to his mother to go on tour.......so............spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-28 20:46 by EddieByword.

Date: April 28, 2018 20:48

It's a terrific snap. Jagger looks the besotted dad; but he isn't, is he?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 28, 2018 21:49

Who cares ? It's only sex.

Date: April 28, 2018 21:54

tomcasagranda
Who cares ? It's only sex.

Oh, don't ruin our fun!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2018 22:10

Come back Bill, everything is forgiven!

Date: April 28, 2018 22:55

‘Everybody Getting High’
Mick Jagger

Everybody getting high, high, high, high
High high high
High high high

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: April 28, 2018 23:27

MisterDDDD
Big Al
Stoneage

Believe the issue was how "off-topic" the conversation had drifted.
If Revvy had waited for this thread, likely wouldn't have been banned.. again.
Hope he returns.. again.

This is a great shame! I intend to write to bv and ask for this to be reversed, and it would be great if others would as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-29 13:51 by Bliss.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 28, 2018 23:35

I thought Mick called it off with the younger girl.

My mind always goes back to a Keith interview where he was asked why he was so hard on Mick in his biography Life, Keith said that's nothing to what i could have told about Mick in the book.

There's something a bit sad about Mick wanting to be around 22 year old's at his age, i wonder if he can ever truly be happy or fulfilled, i think fame and fortune has effected Mick in a negative way somehow. I felt sorry for him when i saw that picture.

Date: April 28, 2018 23:43

We know nothing from that pic.

Neither Mick nor Noir had confirmed or denied.

I love Mick and wish him the very best always.

Date: April 28, 2018 23:44

35love
‘Everybody Getting High’
Mick Jagger

High high high
High high high

‘Everybody Getting Hair’
Mick Jagger

Everybody getting Hair, Hair, Hair, Hair
Hair, Hair, Hair
Everybody getting Hair, Hair, Hair, Hair
Hair, Hair, Hair...............

We're going on tour, tour tour................smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 29, 2018 18:07

Bliss
This is a great shame! I intend to write to bv and ask for this to be reversed, and it would be great if others would as well.

I just wrote to B.V. as well. It is complex because it's his house and his rules. I'm sure he doesn't want anyone's very well reasoned sleuthing becoming tomorrow's headlines in the Daily Mail and possibly bringing bad publicity on IORR as the source. At the same time, their private lives (in particular sex, drugs, and relationships) are part and parcel of their lyrics and always have been. Not speculating or commenting seems impossible. It's a very fine line.

For me, it was having a friend ask me would I make the same snarky remarks about Matt Clifford if I knew he was reading it or his family? Would we bash Keith's performance on stage if we knew his kids were logging in and reading it? Fame and the internet equal distance and anonymity to most of us. I love Dandy, Rockman, Gazza, 71Tele, Gaslight, and so many others. If I knew aspects of their private life, would I ask them about drug or alcohol use or their health or who they're sleeping with? Would I want them asking me about my marriage or my health or my vices? We wouldn't because it would be rude and would destroy our relationships. Yet we see no problem lashing out at the Stones or Don Was or Chuck or Matt or Lisa, etc. It's hard to remember what's fair game and what is crossing the line so thinking your post can be seen by the subject or their family is probably a good reminder.

And yes, it applies to me as a Main Offender - I'm well aware of my shortcomings in that respect.

I hope Revvy is reinstated. I love his posts, his passion for the band and all music, and his creativity and humor. I want Revvy back on IORR. Hopefully what happened in the other thread can help shape a better IORR for all of us. Ideally with Revvy back where he belongs with us. I'd love to see every ex-IORRian back home. We're family. Families upset one another but life is too short to not let wounds heal.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 29, 2018 20:38

Agreed, it can be a fine line.

That said, there is a big difference between pure speculation and make believe (and ultimately libellous) and facts (some of which of course may be not known to the general public).
Also, celebs, whether they like it or not are hardly private citizens and will use the media (even the Murdoch press) if it suits them. It gets problematical though when their family members get drawn into the news, much against their wishes.

It will be interesting to see how the UK High Court case involving Cliff Richard and the BBC goes.To me it seems the BBC were very unethical..but maybe the law will come down on their side?

Date: April 29, 2018 22:07

Rocky Dijon
Bliss

I just wrote to B.V. as well. It is complex because it's his house and his rules. I'm sure he doesn't want anyone's very well reasoned sleuthing becoming tomorrow's headlines in the Daily Mail and possibly bringing bad publicity on IORR as the source. At the same time, their private lives (in particular sex, drugs, and relationships) are part and parcel of their lyrics and always have been. Not speculating or commenting seems impossible. It's a very fine line.

For me, it was having a friend ask me would I make the same snarky remarks about Matt Clifford if I knew he was reading it or his family? Would we bash Keith's performance on stage if we knew his kids were logging in and reading it? Fame and the internet equal distance and anonymity to most of us. I love Dandy, Rockman, Gazza, 71Tele, Gaslight, and so many others. If I knew aspects of their private life, would I ask them about drug or alcohol use or their health or who they're sleeping with? Would I want them asking me about my marriage or my health or my vices? We wouldn't because it would be rude and would destroy our relationships. Yet we see no problem lashing out at the Stones or Don Was or Chuck or Matt or Lisa, etc. It's hard to remember what's fair game and what is crossing the line so thinking your post can be seen by the subject or their family is probably a good reminder.

And yes, it applies to me as a Main Offender - I'm well aware of my shortcomings in that respect.

I hope Revvy is reinstated. I love his posts, his passion for the band and all music, and his creativity and humor. I want Revvy back on IORR. Hopefully what happened in the other thread can help shape a better IORR for all of us. Ideally with Revvy back where he belongs with us. I'd love to see every ex-IORRian back home. We're family. Families upset one another but life is too short to not let wounds heal.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

((((Rocky))))

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 29, 2018 23:25

My response to this thread: "Jagger's Lovers' At War"- who gives a shit?
Great pre-tour publicity....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 29, 2018 23:51

Bliss
((((Rocky))))

Yes, I am by Law though I don't practice.

Forgive me, Bliss. I'm not very good at these things and didn't know what multiple parentheses around a name meant.

When I looked it up, it appears it was originally a way of denoting Jewishness and was then co-opted to express intolerance of bigotry. Now it appears it's a way of echoing someone's sentiments. I'm guessing you meant the third meaning, but it amuses me, given my discussing crossing lines into private lives, to pretend you meant the first meaning. I'll happily admit I'm Kosher by Law, but not by mohel. Since most of my life I've identified as a Catholic, I have double the guilt for my bad behavior.

Cheers to all of you.

Date: April 30, 2018 00:07

Those are HUGS. eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1278
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home