Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Ronnie plays with macca in London
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 6, 2011 11:26

Silver Dagger
Is this the first time a Stone has ever played with a Beatle on stage...or vice versa?

Of course not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-06 11:28 by leteyer.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 6, 2011 11:29

John Lennon played in the Rock And Roll Circus, we all know that. But I'm pretty sure that was the only time aside from last night. You guys experienced a great moment in Rock And Roll history. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 6, 2011 11:51

frankotero
John Lennon played in the Rock And Roll Circus, we all know that. But I'm pretty sure that was the only time aside from last night. You guys experienced a great moment in Rock And Roll history. eye popping smiley

Jagger played with George Harrison as well. And Wood played with Ringo Starr several times in the 70's. Didn't Wood guest with Wings in the 70's as well?

Mathijs

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 6, 2011 12:10

Congratulations to those who were there.
Thanks for posting the video

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 6, 2011 12:41

Just terrible. I think better Ronnie Playing with Justin Bieber.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 6, 2011 12:51

leteyer
Silver Dagger
Is this the first time a Stone has ever played with a Beatle on stage...or vice versa?

Of course not

Don't really count the Lennon/Mick duet as it was impromptu and not on stage. But of course I should have remembered the Keith and John collaboration.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 6, 2011 12:57

And there's of course Ronnie and Ringo joining in during I shall be released at The Band's
Last Waltz link.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 6, 2011 13:04

Mick wins the "who's gonna upstage who" competition.

No way was Mick going to leave a gap for Bowie to sing.

I think Macca was glad that finished.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 6, 2011 13:22

Good to see Ronnie on stage. Too bad he's almost inaudible. But he does play a solid lick.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 6, 2011 13:50

Ah, and not to be forgotten: Mick joining Ringo and George and many others during I saw her
standing there at the 3rd Rock’n Roll Hall Of Fame-ceremony.

And there's more of such occasions. Here are Bill and Ringo joining in with Jerry Lee Lewis,
Todd Rundgren and Barrett Strong:

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 6, 2011 14:25

Ronnie and George performed (separately) at the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert at Madison Square Garden (16/10/92) and then together with the rest of the ensemble on 'Knockin' On Heavens Door' near the end of the show.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 6, 2011 14:59

Ronnie and Ringo played at the Last waltz concert.

Date: December 6, 2011 15:01

I picked up an autographed 2007 copy of Ronnie's book, only last Sunday! So, this news of Ronnie joing Paul on stage is icing on the cake!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: December 6, 2011 16:41

Ronnie already shared the stage with McCartney in November 1974 when
Macca joined the Faces for a rendition of Mine For Me.

N

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 6, 2011 17:32

paulywaul
Awesome it was. Macca announces (this is when he comes back for the encore) that he has a guest tonight. He then goes on to say "so we're now going to be joined onstage by a Rolling Stone, will you please welcome Ronnie Wood" ? They play GET BACK, great solo by Ron. Wish I'd have been in the front row in front of the stage, it's not every day you see a Beatle and a Stone taking a bow together, what a photo that would have been ? A real treat it was anyway. Cheers, from London IORR representatives Mr Jimmy, Beast, & myself. Gotta crash, wrecked !

Sorry, great solo by Ron? Am I deaf? I can' hear any solo. Do you mean the few notes at the end? Quite good, but a great solo?

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: December 6, 2011 17:41

SILBE64
Just arrived at home from the o2, so happy to have been there tonight! Ronnie played great indeed and added some extra spice to Macca's very entertaining and uplifting show.It was a fantastic evening with a very special highlight.

Oh you lucky ones that were there, can't wait to see it, should make it on to you tube soon drinking smiley

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:03

drinking smiley Nice one, it was great to see Mick and Bowie on with Macca, never saw it before thanks for posting drinking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:11

RobertJohnson
paulywaul
Awesome it was. Macca announces (this is when he comes back for the encore) that he has a guest tonight. He then goes on to say "so we're now going to be joined onstage by a Rolling Stone, will you please welcome Ronnie Wood" ? They play GET BACK, great solo by Ron. Wish I'd have been in the front row in front of the stage, it's not every day you see a Beatle and a Stone taking a bow together, what a photo that would have been ? A real treat it was anyway. Cheers, from London IORR representatives Mr Jimmy, Beast, & myself. Gotta crash, wrecked !

Sorry, great solo by Ron? Am I deaf? I can' hear any solo. Do you mean the few notes at the end? Quite good, but a great solo?

Ya should've been there. I don't give a f**k who played what actually, there were three guitarists onstage - with Macca on bass, and a shitload of beautiful noise coming off that stage. So terribly sorry if i misdescribed the events, at least according to your sensitive ears and the superb audio quality of a youtube clip recorded on a mobile phone at 50 paces ...........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:15

Great post!!!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:32

paulywaul
RobertJohnson
paulywaul

Ya should've been there. I don't give a f**k who played what actually, there were three guitarists onstage - with Macca on bass, and a shitload of beautiful noise coming off that stage. So terribly sorry if i misdescribed the events, at least according to your sensitive ears and the superb audio quality of a youtube clip recorded on a mobile phone at 50 paces ...........

Okay, I understand. I saw Paul McCartney in Cologne at the end of 2009. One of the greatest concerts I attended. So I'm happy for you that you saw him in very good shape. Best wishes, RJ.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:56

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 6, 2011 18:59

TooTough
wow, that is a spectacular picture

Date: December 6, 2011 19:04

Imagine if that was Keith...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 6, 2011 19:20

steel driving hammer

ok. and while we're at it, can i imagine if paul were john? and that there are no countries and other stuff...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 6, 2011 19:30

StonesTod
steel driving hammer

ok. and while we're at it, can i imagine if paul were john? and that there are no countries and other stuff...

LMAO. Post of the week, ST!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 6, 2011 19:31

This surprise act brings back memories...Mick J, showing-up at Ronnie's gig... smileys with beer

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 6, 2011 19:36

StonesTod
steel driving hammer

...and no religion, too...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 6, 2011 19:42

[www.guitarworld.com]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 6, 2011 19:44

TooTough
StonesTod
steel driving hammer

...and no religion, too...

cool. apparently, i'm not the only one...

Date: December 6, 2011 19:46

Wonder if Keith approves of this.

Switchblade Talk?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home