Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wrong Pictures - Some Girls in Texas
Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:42

Got the DVD/CD for my birthday. Great stuff!!!

I noticed something and didn't know if anyone else caught it. I was looking at the pictues in the little booklet and notice soemthing didn;t seem right. Most of the pictures are from 75/76! Why in the world would they do that? How could taht happen?

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Re: Wrong Pictures - Some Girls in Texas
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:46

I've seen quite a few comments about this, and while I don't have the CD/DVD set yet, the booklet is apparently a replica of the tour program from '78, which used pictures from previous tours. The tour program wouldn't be able to have pictures from that tour after all.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:49

haha, it would have been weird in '89 if they used pics from '81.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:50

Yep, that's right.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:52

bigfrankie
Got the DVD/CD for my birthday. Great stuff!!!

I noticed something and didn't know if anyone else caught it. I was looking at the pictues in the little booklet and notice soemthing didn;t seem right. Most of the pictures are from 75/76! Why in the world would they do that? How could taht happen?

It has been discussed before but I'm too lazy to find where...
You're right about the shots but the truth is that the booklet is a replica of the US Tour Program from 1978 which included these pictures don't ask me why...

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-03 21:52 by Honestman.

Date: December 3, 2011 22:04

Honestman

You're right about the shots but the truth is that the booklet is a replica of the US Tour Program from 1978 which included these pictures don't ask me why...

Well, I would imagine the programs went to the printers before the tour started, so they could be sold at the first show. Since they can't have pictures from the '78 tour before it's even started, they used picture from previous tour(s).

It's like many baseball/football/other sports programs. They are often printed at the beginning of the season. In your program the team picture will likely have players in it that have been traded, cut or injured by the time of the game you're attending. As well as action shots from the previous season.

Date: December 3, 2011 22:26

It's been discussed. Its not the 'wrong pictures', just not what you were expecting. Read here:

[www.iorr.org]

Date: December 3, 2011 22:33

The most recent shots of them playing they could have used would have been at the El Macambo. But smoky shots in the tiny club wouldn't make sense for the arena tour. Still, adding action shots of Keith's Toronto bust would have caught the audience up with the soap opera.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 3, 2011 22:43

Ive heard this a lot, I don't think Mine came with a booklet? I must have got the super super cheap no-frills order. There's an insert inside the DVD case but the pictures in it are def. 78.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-03 22:47 by ryanpow.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 3, 2011 23:01

settle down...at least they got the right band...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-03 23:01 by StonesTod.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: December 3, 2011 23:07

Thanks for clearing that up. You never know if something is put togethr haphazardly.The centefold in the booklet is not from 75/76. It from Some Girls circa, so thats what threw me off. Anyway, thanks for the insight.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 3, 2011 23:55

jamesfdouglas

Oddly enough, I was watching something recently on VHS that I had taped in '89 (nothing to do with the stones--I wasn't even really aware of them then) and a commercial came on for the RS tour. It showed '81 footage from the Hal Ashby film.

Date: December 4, 2011 00:03

Sipuncula
jamesfdouglas

Oddly enough, I was watching something recently on VHS that I had taped in '89 (nothing to do with the stones--I wasn't even really aware of them then) and a commercial came on for the RS tour. It showed '81 footage from the Hal Ashby film.

LOL, I love watching old tapes. I found a tape over at my parents house recently that we taped the very first night we got our VCR. I think it was 1984 and we recorded Star Wars. There were all these commercials for C-3P0's cereal, Atari games, the Grammy Awards (heavily centered on Michael Jackson), "Suzanne Pleshette is Maggie Briggs" (a series that only lasted 7 episodes) and the network premiere of "The Four Seasons" starring Alan Alda. And lots of other good stuff, it was a blast from the past.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 4, 2011 00:15

NoCode0680
There were all these commercials for C-3P0's cereal

I loved that stuff. Part of a nutritious breakfast, as well (if only a small part).

Date: December 4, 2011 00:18

Sipuncula
NoCode0680
There were all these commercials for C-3P0's cereal

I loved that stuff. Part of a nutritious breakfast, as well (if only a small part).

Me too. I don't remember the cereal being all that great, I think it was basically just a Cheerios rip off, but it had C-3P0 on it so it was my "favorite" and if my parents wouldn't buy it I'd throw a fit.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 4, 2011 02:01

Hahaha, I love the direction this thread is heading in.

Date: December 4, 2011 02:08

HAHAHAH! Awesome!
That cereal came out when they had that cartoon.
Stewart Copeland of the Police did the theme for it!!!

I still think Lucas and Jagger trade marketing notes.

[thepowergoats.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home