Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Received my some girls color vinyl today and i am NOT happy!
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 3, 2011 18:46

steffiestones
I get yesterday my money back. I will never order something from U.M.

It's all good !

Reading this thread made me think of the day when I ordered a book about the Stones . I ordered it on time for a B.Day's friend but unfortunately,when I got the book into my mail box ,I found out the cover was a bit damaged .
I e-mailed to the store book -located in London .
Pity I don't have the right to make some adv on this board...this store book worth while .
Not only I received an e-mail back ,but they sent me another book in/on a heartbeat smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:29

SwayStones
Pity I don't have the right to make some adv on this board

Nothing wrong with mentioning the name of a store you had a good experience with.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 3, 2011 21:49

steffiestones
I get yesterday my money back. I will never order something from U.M.

Lucky guy !

I return the records this last thursday, send a message with attached files of the shipping invoice to get a refund of the shipping at my own expense as they told me to do, and I'm still waitin' for both :

- a refund of the shipping
- a refund of the 2 records

so let's say I'm a bad luck guy...

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-03 21:49 by Honestman.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 7, 2011 19:14

I spoke to someone at Universal last week, they assured me my replacements would be sent asap and packaged well.
I went to the post office again today and the replacements are packaged exactly the same as before and even more damaged!?!
I rang them again to complain and the guy actually said they can't be held responsible for the packaging as it's all they have available!!
I've asked for a refund now and they said a manager would ring me back today and, of course, they haven't.
I might email Watchdog later.
Don't deal with these losers.

Date: December 7, 2011 20:02

Still no refund for me , I'm more than angry smiley
Pitifulthumbs down

HMN

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 7, 2011 20:09

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 7, 2011 20:13

schillid
[i197.photobucket.com] [...]

Well that's good. But : did you get a refund ?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 7, 2011 20:15

Erik_Snow
schillid
[i197.photobucket.com] [...]

Well that's good. But : did you get a refund ?

I probably should have... considering that I ordered it in TIFF format, but I got JPEG's instead.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 8, 2011 02:43

Maybe the people shipping these things have no idea what vinyl records are or why they need special packaging for shipping?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 8, 2011 05:03

Which side of Some Girls has four cuts?

Date: December 8, 2011 05:08

marianna
Maybe the people shipping these things have no idea what vinyl records are or why they need special packaging for shipping?

More likely they just don't get the whole "collector's item" thing. Their attitude is probably that if the record itself arrives undamaged, in a playable condition, then the transaction has been successfully completed. You bought some music and the music got there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-08 05:18 by tatters.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 8, 2011 05:13

tatters
marianna

More likely they just don't get the whole "collector's item" thing. Their attitude is probably that if the record itself arrives undamaged, in a playable condition, then the transaction has been successfully completed. Your bought some music and the music got there.

I had that attitude from an ebay seller, when I bought a JJF with pic sleeve.

Picture Sleeve was sliced up by the record during shipping, due to bad packaging. Their reaction was, the record is what counts, the music. I pointed out that I 'HAD' the recording in probably 30 different versions...the PS was what I was buying. They relented.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 8, 2011 09:59

I got my money back from UM.Incl shipping.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: December 21, 2011 13:51

Finally received the pink one today - packed as sloppy as the other 4, but again I had luck and the cover is in mint condition spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The color still isn't that pink as on the pic above so maybe they'll give it another (3rd) try? >grinning smiley<

Date: December 21, 2011 20:07

silkcut1978_
Finally received the pink one today - packed as sloppy as the other 4, but again I had luck and the cover is in mint condition spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The color still isn't that pink as on the pic above so maybe they'll give it another (3rd) try? >grinning smiley<

Just gimme a glimpse of your luck for these ones winking smiley I still feel like a desperado , and still claim that Universal UK service is total BS angry smiley

HMN

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 22, 2011 15:44

R
... what is anyone accomplishing in purchasing these silly new ones? Do they sound better? Nope. Do they sound worse? Arguably, yes. Do they provide an all together too brief tingle of nostalgia culminating in a "I can't go home again so why'd I spend all this money" feeling? Undoubtedly. Will you have one to bequeath to each of your kids? "Thanks, Dad."

No, seriously. I get why people love this stuff. I just don't buy into the modern day calculated collectable thing. SOME GIRLS on different colored vinyl is genius compared to the EXILE ON MAINSTREET "litho" offer wherein you have bragging rights for paying $1,000 for three posters printed utilizing about $12 worth of ink, paper and press time.

You are right on so many levels! It's one of my favorite albums but I'm fine w/ my mp3s on my ipod, thanks, still sounds great to me.

Posted by: ianstewart65 ()
Date: December 25, 2011 22:37

silkcut1978_

I received in perfect condition (lucky me) e somwhat wrong coloured pink SG, more lavender-like/purple. E-mailed UM and received quick and correct reply; ca. 500 copies are wrong coulored. Any other RARE colours amongst the other limited editions. BTW, anyone knows how limited these four coloured reissues are ?

stu.

Date: December 25, 2011 23:44

Hope Santa will bring them my (numerous) messages to get either an answer but mainly my refund eye rolling smiley

HMN

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 25, 2011 23:51

ianstewart65
silkcut1978_

I received in perfect condition (lucky me) e somwhat wrong coloured pink SG, more lavender-like/purple. E-mailed UM and received quick and correct reply; ca. 500 copies are wrong coulored. Any other RARE colours amongst the other limited editions. BTW, anyone knows how limited these four coloured reissues are ?

stu.

My 'pink one' arrived last week - in perfect condition but no thanks to the thin and extremely poor packaging - a minor miracle...
...and it's actually pink too!!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: January 5, 2012 02:41

tatters

Looks like that's supposedly Side 1 (song titles). Did they spread the album out over 4 sides or something?

Date: January 5, 2012 03:25

JMARKO
tatters

Looks like that's supposedly Side 1 (song titles). Did they spread the album out over 4 sides or something?

No. I was just trying to be funny. The record in the photo is obviously not Some Girls. I guess they thought a record with a couple very long cuts and a couple very short cuts was just visually more appealing than a record with five cuts that are all approximately the same length. It's nothing new. If you ever have the opportunity to take somebody's gold record down off their wall and play it, you may very well find that it's not even one of their records!

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 5, 2012 12:03

...If you ever have the opportunity to take somebody's gold record down off their wall and play it, you may very well find that it's not even one of their records!...

That's right! I have the original RIAA award of Love you live presented to Charlie. The label is side one with 6 songs and there are only 4 cuts on the gold record. Actual gold records rarely match the artist with the label, since they are intended to be framed, not played.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 9, 2012 21:53

What colors were these available in ?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home