Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones and the Old grey whistle test
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:18

Recently I watched the 3 hour special of the Old grey whistle test celebrating 30 years.It featured a snippet of Bob Harris interviewing Keef,cira 76/77.
As a 15 year old ,during that time I remember the Whistle test special they did from Paris.It featured some of the concert and interviews with the band.I just wonder if there are any copies of this programme circulating?Anybody have any links to this ?Thanks in advance.

Re: Rolling Stones and the Old grey whistle test
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:26

This is the 1977 interview which they showed before playing some of the Paris 76 show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 12:28 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:27

The Keith interview was from 74, by the way. Probably the most out of it interview ever given by Keith (or anyone else for that matter).

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:44

Silver Dagger
The Keith interview was from 74, by the way. Probably the most out of it interview ever given by Keith (or anyone else for that matter).

I've seen it before. Not kidding there SD grinning smiley

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:47

Thanks Silver Dagger!

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: March 7, 2018 14:01

I remember that Whistle test special they did on the Paris 1976 show.

That was the first time I had seen any concert footage from the Stones and still remember what a thrill it was seeing a Stones concert on the TV.

I couldn't imagine back then that 40 plus years later I would own a whole library of videos and DVD's of concerts and documentary films of the band.

Nor could I have imagined the internet and sites like youtube.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 7, 2018 17:51

The circumstances around Keith's interview are well covered by Nick Kent in his book The Dark Stuff, which I unhesitatingly recommend

Date: March 7, 2018 19:35

«That's not fair to the people in Cleveland», «You get guest artists, trying to play piano»

Classic stuff! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home