Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Some Girls: Mostly Just a Bunch of Dippy Country Songs
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:28

I love dippy country songs.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:30

I like dippy sauce

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 16:32

I'll take their dippy country songs over any "real" country songs LOL.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:01

Rolling Hansie
I like dippy sauce

I will dip this new Cd on old sauce

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:51

A bunch of really great dippy country songs that is.
We want more!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:55

TeaAtThree
They were outtakes, people. What the hell! They release a set of outtakes -- which we have longed for them to do -- and now people complain that they should've remained outtakes?

Holy Shiite!

T@3

Several of the local Stones fans where I live not only like the outtakes/bonus disc but have commented that they like these tunes BETTER than the original release!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 26, 2011 17:55

flilflam
I hate to say this, but I am really disappointed with the 12 new songs. First of all, all the songs just trail off at the end, as if The Stones could think of no better way of ending them. I Love You Too Much, Keep Up Blues, and When You're Gone are acceptable, but the rest are just plain bad.

Some people on this message board seem to think that if a Stones song is pulled from the crypt and resurrected on a CD, then it would have to be superior to anything else. This is just not the case. The Stones are better than this. Remember Under the Radar and Back of My Hand from A Bigger Bang. Those are great songs. I really hope the Stones have time to complete a new CD with fresh material in time for the world tour. I don't think the average fan at a concert will want to hear all of this C and W music.

I agree that these songs are mostly (a couple of exceptions) lind of boring outtakes...This is exactly why I can't understand the fans who say stop making new music and just open the vaults. Most of these songs didn't see the light of day for a reason. The same can be said for any band who has a lot of songs locked away in a vault somewhere.

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 18:04

Don't agree. I think it's a great album, would love to hear more. Love the country songs. I'd say: Open the vaults! There's way more waiting to be released.

Pete.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 26, 2011 18:11

James Kirk
I agree that these songs are mostly (a couple of exceptions) lind of boring outtakes...

I've listened to these boring outtakes more than I should since their release, and I still can't sleep, maybe cos' they're not so borin'

James Kirk
The same can be said for any band who has a lot of songs locked away in a vault somewhere.

Some other band would have killed to get half of these outtakes on their first album !
Just my 2ctswinking smiley

HMN

Date: November 26, 2011 18:57

flilflam
I hate to say this, but I am really disappointed with the 12 new songs. First of all, all the songs just trail off at the end, as if The Stones could think of no better way of ending them. I Love You Too Much, Keep Up Blues, and When You're Gone are acceptable, but the rest are just plain bad.

Some people on this message board seem to think that if a Stones song is pulled from the crypt and resurrected on a CD, then it would have to be superior to anything else. This is just not the case. The Stones are better than this. Remember Under the Radar and Back of My Hand from A Bigger Bang. Those are great songs. I really hope the Stones have time to complete a new CD with fresh material in time for the world tour. I don't think the average fan at a concert will want to hear all of this C and W music.

Under The Radar isn't on the album. It was delegated to being a leftover to be included on the overpriced deluxe edition of A Bigger Bang. It's just as bland as some of the other songs on A Bigger Bang but better than some as well. If the country songs are released as radio singles then some people will hear them and if they do tour and if they do play those songs then people will like that they're playing them live.

That won't happen so don't you worry your little self about it.

Date: November 26, 2011 19:00

NoCode0680
If you didn't yearn for a CD of Outtakes, then you should have just bought the 2009 remaster and not paid for the bonus disc. You weren't forced to buy it.

Exactly. smileys with beer

Date: November 26, 2011 19:03

Maybe UMe will release a "old" CD of freshly finished outtakes that pre-dates their record deal with the Stones - then it will really seem old. Nice one StonesTod!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home