Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Have a happy stones Thanksgiving
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 15:57

As a stones fan, I have plenty to be thankful for during this best of the holidays. Re-released Some Girls with an entire disc of great bonus material. Live in Texas, a scorching classic concert of epic proportions. Brussells Affair release with six more locked and loaded to go. And what is looking to be a big tsunami of Stones 50th celebration.

To my friends in North America, have a wonderful holiday. I miss my family the most during Thanksgiving... it is truly a time to reflect on our lives, family, loved ones and what to be thankful for.

Gobble Gobble...

Re: Have a happy stones Thanksgiving
Date: November 24, 2011 18:08

Thanks all the same but as a fellow 'North American' (Canadian) we celebrated Thanksgiving 6 weeks ago...but I am with you on all these great Stones re-releases.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:32

Yeah, Thanksgiving is sooo Last Month. Enjoy anyway!

Date: November 24, 2011 18:38

*Yeah, Thanksgiving is sooo Last Month. Enjoy anyway!*

- I know! It's been 6 weeks of fricken' Christmas commercials already! -

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:48

pinkfloydthebarber
Thanks all the same but as a fellow 'North American' (Canadian) we celebrated Thanksgiving 6 weeks ago...

But today was a bank holiday in America , wasn't it ?
Oh no! this morning I sent several virtual cards wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to some of you here ....confused smiley

Date: November 24, 2011 19:44

Don't worry, Sway, you did the right thing. Thanksgiving in Canada is in mid-October. It's colder here (not today, but usually), and we take our crops in earlier. Hence, earlier Thanksgiving. It's a huge deal in the US today though. Everyone will be waddling around with a big stomach after all the feasting. Then they will fall asleep. It's tradition.

Date: November 24, 2011 19:52

Yep, and they (Americans) have that whole black Friday deal going on too. I live in a border town so stores here have to compete, so I reckon I am gonna get a buch of new hockey sticks on the cheap, tomorrow. Priorities are priorities.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 24, 2011 20:07

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!
Sympathy For The Turkey

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 21:29

Deltics
Sympathy For The Turkey

That's brilliant!! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 21:30

Here's a link to some Stones Thanksgiving tongue logos:

[www.worthpoint.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 25, 2011 07:30

Yeah I realize the Canadian TG was in October, but I forgot to wish all my Great White North brethren a happy TG, so wanted to include you all as well.

Now it is time for leftovers!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 25, 2011 07:35

where do i pickup my virtual card?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 25, 2011 13:36

Date: November 25, 2011 17:42

Funny - I thought Edith was a breast man...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 25, 2011 21:13

Is it 'Thanksgiving' now? at this time or day?

If so: smileys with beer

2 1 2 0

Date: November 25, 2011 22:03

Come On
Is it 'Thanksgiving' now?

No, it was yesterday, but I was in Atlanta visiting relatives so I brought this thread back up this morning.

Cheers !

Date: November 25, 2011 22:12

SomeTorontoGirl
Don't worry, Sway, you did the right thing. Thanksgiving in Canada is in mid-October. It's colder here (not today, but usually), and we take our crops in earlier. Hence, earlier Thanksgiving. It's a huge deal in the US today though. Everyone will be waddling around with a big stomach after all the feasting. Then they will fall asleep. It's tradition.

Cool answer,STG
And funny too.smiling smiley

Would you want me to tell you about Christmas & New Year's Day here in France ?
People eat A LOT .

Date: November 25, 2011 22:31

Edith Grove

STG, as I told once to EG , everything is "bigger "in America IMO .
Don' know though about your nice country,Canada,never been there but I would like to visit it .

In America, everything is bigger & somehow, fake -from my European point of view, streets,highways, buildings , Mac Donald's hamburgers , enthusiasm & being positive ,people in all meanings-physically and mentally speaking & women's breasts as well .

Funny or not but when it's Thanksgiving time, I can't help but thinking about the famous part of he Oliver Stone's movie :lol

Pamela: You killed my duck!
Jim Morrison: I killed your duck?
[stomps on the duck]
Jim Morrison: And I'm still killing your f ucking duck. There! Murder! Death! Duck! Dead! Death f ucking dead! There, the duck is dead!

Date: November 25, 2011 23:06

SwayStones
Edith Grove

STG, as I told once to EG , everything is "bigger "in America IMO .
Don' know though about your nice country,Canada,never been there but I would like to visit it .

In America, everything is bigger & somehow, fake -from my European point of view, streets,highways, buildings , Mac Donald's hamburgers , enthusiasm & being positive ,people in all meanings-physically and mentally speaking & women's breasts as well .

Funny or not but when it's Thanksgiving time, I can't help but thinking about the famous part of he Oliver Stone's movie :lol

Pamela: You killed my duck!
Jim Morrison: I killed your duck?
[stomps on the duck]
Jim Morrison: And I'm still killing your f ucking duck. There! Murder! Death! Duck! Dead! Death f ucking dead! There, the duck is dead!

I think Edith is from 'Morica...but I will assure you, Canada can be every bit as big and fake....we're a second to no country, runner up maybe, but never second.

Date: November 25, 2011 23:14

treaclefingers
I think Edith is from 'Morica...

Wear dat be ?

Date: November 25, 2011 23:31

Canada "fake"? Where you at? I'm gonna have to start singing the anthem here! Canada's just fine, thank yew. I'm gonna have to go get a double-double from Timmie's, take it with me to Canadian Tire while I have my snow tires put on for the winter, wearing my Kenora dinner jacket over my bunny hug. And furthermore... harrumph!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 26, 2011 03:29

SomeTorontoGirl
Canada "fake"? Where you at? I'm gonna have to start singing the anthem here! Canada's just fine, thank yew. I'm gonna have to go get a double-double from Timmie's, take it with me to Canadian Tire while I have my snow tires put on for the winter, wearing my Kenora dinner jacket over my bunny hug. And furthermore... harrumph!
I think this is the Turkey the PM of Canada pardoned.

Date: November 26, 2011 03:41

sweetcharmedlife
I think this is the Turkey the PM of Canada pardoned.

We don't 'pardon' turkeys up here! What kind of wussy country would pardon a turk... Oh. Sorry, Nemesis!

Date: November 26, 2011 04:09

SomeTorontoGirl
Canada "fake"? Where you at? I'm gonna have to start singing the anthem here! Canada's just fine, thank yew. I'm gonna have to go get a double-double from Timmie's, take it with me to Canadian Tire while I have my snow tires put on for the winter, wearing my Kenora dinner jacket over my bunny hug. And furthermore... harrumph![/[/b]quote]

"harrumph"? what, are you 80 years old?

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 26, 2011 04:10

Deltics
Sympathy For The Turkey

That's great, very creative! Thanks for sharing.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: November 26, 2011 04:12

treaclefingers

No, just politely indignant. I think you forgot to take your daily multivitamin with added irony.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2011 06:14

pinkfloydthebarber
Thanks all the same but as a fellow 'North American' (Canadian) we celebrated Thanksgiving 6 weeks ago...but I am with you on all these great Stones re-releases.

Yeah, and you guys play football in June too. What's the deal, Canada?

Date: November 26, 2011 07:16

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers

No, just politely indignant. I think you forgot to take your daily multivitamin with added irony.

Well, you were certainly indignant...but can a 'harrumph' be accurately described as polite?

Me thinks probably not...and haven't you read, multivitamins have been shown to cause an increase likelihood of death amongst women?

Now that my fellow canuck, is irony!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home