Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does anyone know where does this BSugar take come from?
Date: November 24, 2011 12:03

Better late than never...hot smiley

The traditonal "alternate" take is the one where Clapton joined but I have discovered this. I guess it belongs to the corresponding original versions. May somebody add more info? Thanks.

Re: Does anyone know where does this BSugar take come from?
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 24, 2011 17:39

I heard it first on the original YD(?) "Black Box" 3 cd set..I assumed it was Muscle Shoals but not sure....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:11

Part of the Jimmy Miller tapes that where released in '93 or so. The backing is from Muscle Shoals, vocals are from the early '70 London overdub sessions.

Mathijs

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:13

I think it is a take from Muscle Shoals, without overdubs ... but there is another alternate take, without Saxophone, with the "regular" vocals, but with alternate Talyor-licks (he plays the solo, instead of Bobby Keys, too). This one is very interersting, too (don´t know the boot, unfortunately).

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:37

Still don't see why there can't be a Sticky Fingers Deluxe. Even if all the bonus material was just slightly different alternate versions of the songs on the original album, that would still be pretty cool.

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: November 24, 2011 19:26

This is fantastic. Beginning reminded me of the Top of the Pops backing track.

Date: November 24, 2011 22:55

Thank you all for your answers and to Mathjis for the details.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 24, 2011 23:15

muenke
I think it is a take from Muscle Shoals, without overdubs ... but there is another alternate take, without Saxophone, with the "regular" vocals, but with alternate Talyor-licks (he plays the solo, instead of Bobby Keys, too). This one is very interersting, too (don´t know the boot, unfortunately).

The YELLOW DOG BLACK BOX DISC 3...The first edition had 3 discs which is what I have it on-around 97 or so...the 2000 remaster is 4 discs...

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 25, 2011 02:35

this feels like a 1969 muscle shoals mix to me before later overdubs. the production sound is very similar to to the early lynyrd skynyrd recordings done by jimmy johnson from 1970-1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home