Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stripped Documentary
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:15

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: Stripped Documentary
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:19

In the spirit of getting a lot of great archive material in the last few weeks...I'd like to nominate this documentary to also get an official release on DVD.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:44

In 1995 the Stones were rocking and rolling, I do not understand why many fans call those great Stripped recordings "Vegas era".

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:52

And how about 1999? Some Girls was nice and dirty.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 23, 2011 01:08

In 1999 I attended two of the best stones concerts I heard. Stuttgart (with SG), and the rainy final of the tour in Cologne.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 01:08

If they ever reissue Stripped this would make a great piece of bonus material.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 23, 2011 09:22

windmelody
In 1995 the Stones were rocking and rolling, I do not understand why many fans call those great Stripped recordings "Vegas era".

It is actually one of my favourite CDs and the sound was terrific! I also enjoyed the documentary.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 23, 2011 10:20

georgeV
windmelody

It is actually one of my favourite CDs and the sound was terrific! I also enjoyed the documentary.

Agree

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 23, 2011 10:38

windmelody

Do they? At least I see STRIPPED a kind of anomaly and expection to a rule we have used to since 1989. For reason or other in that document everything seem to click perfectly. The band sounds relaxed and home with its past and reputation and its recent condition. The acoustic parts in studio are so full of open nostalgy and so charming, and some of the live small culb performances are stunning - the version of "Gimme Shelter" is the best "Vegas" performance ever; they capture something almost magical there. The band sounds inspired.

Personally SRIPPED documentary would be the item I would take with me to desert island from the 'vegas era'. It captures something Scorcese's wasted opportunity fails to do: a mature band still able to deliver the goods.

I wish that when they will do something next year they will use more the concept of STRIPPED than anything else (Cohlian/Vegasian) they had done in the last 20 plus yaers.

- Doxa

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 23, 2011 10:52

Stripped is great. That version of Gimme Shelter is certainly as good in it's own way as 72/73. I always think Scorsese filmed them 10 years too late.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 23, 2011 11:05

That's a really sweet version of Wild Horses.
Great band sound and a great vocal from Mick, why can't he do his old style more often?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 23, 2011 11:26

Almost a forgotten tour. They where on top form.

I know they filmed the entire Brixton show. Maybe it will be one of the archive releases ?........hope so.

sc uk

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 23, 2011 16:06

Stripped TV documentary is a nice watch - and the club shows of 1995 were great as well. But I'm one of the few who's least favourite track on Stripped is Wild Horses. Just never liked it. The original version as well as 70s live versions are so less "soft" yet much stronger, and Jagger's then sounded like he meant it. By changing the Am to Am7 in 1995 - and later years - they change the whole song's feel, for me - to something not better

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-23 16:26 by Erik_Snow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home