Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

5 Years Ago Today
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 22, 2011 20:13

LAst U.S. Stones show at Dodger Stadium
Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Let's Spend The Night Together
She Was Hot
Dead Flowers (with Bonnie Raitt)
Streets Of Love
All Down The Line
Midnight Rambler
Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
You Got The Silver (Keith)
Connection (Keith)
Under My Thumb (to B-stage)
Oh No Not You Again
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar (encore)

Re: 5 Years Ago Today
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 22, 2011 20:15

their cover of Introductions that night was @#$%& great!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 20:18

GumbootCloggeroo
their cover of Introductions that night was @#$%& great!

I especially liked the theremin solo.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 22, 2011 20:43

I was there.

Had great seats that I won through a Radio Shack contest, which I entered at the last minute because someone here posted that information...thanks again.

Seeing them for free kind of took the sting out of the memory of what I had to pay for tickets earlier that year at the Forum. That was a great show, too, and one I HAD to go to, since it was their first show there in 31 years...and that was where I saw them for the first time during the TOTA '75. Sentimental journeys aren't cheap.

Prior to the Dodger show I was talking to a guy in my row who had been one of the First Place or Grand Prize winners of the Radio Shack contest (which originally was supposed to be a show in Hawaii, which was then cancelled). This guy got a "Meet and Greet" with the band before the show, and showed me a photo of him (with a bunch of other winners) and the band that they had just taken. He told me it was going to be his Christmas card! Anyway, I envied the guy (but didn't let it take away from my joy of winning what I had...hey, as they say, "you get what you need") and was happy for him.

But what I couldn't believe was later, during "Satisfaction," I saw the guy get up and leave! Granted, getting out of the parking lot at Dodger Stadium is always a bitch...and it was really murder that night...but WTF dude!! You just got to meet the ROLLING STONES and have your picture taken with them as proof of your bragging rights...and then see a fantastic, possibly even historical concert up-close...and then you skip the encore???

For shame.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 22, 2011 20:55

Thanks SCL,
I was looking at your post and saw the date and realized it is my sister's 46th birthday. I better call her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1553
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home