Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Detailed Analysis of The Authorized Brussels Affair
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 01:15

Brussels Affair was always one of the best quality boots of the early 70s shows so I was surprised at how good this sounded! Wow!!!!! There's bits in there that I have just never heard before, and I know that it's from a different show, but the clarity between guitars and the bass and drums is simply amazing after all these years.

I wonder just how much stuff is waiting in the Stone's vaults? So what's next?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:07

Heartbreaker is so much different 'her mother cried she had no chance'
This version is so ,,,, modern ! Groovy funky. It is amazing.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:11

Angie "pas le temps de dire adieu" in the song !!! amazing again. Unique.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 24, 2011 18:16

I like this new Brussels thing but I also like the previous boots, too. I prefer actually the GS version from the boot (the one where when MT starts to solo Keith riffing gets really loud - first show Brussels? ) to what is on this official version, and I prefer the Wembley SFM as well, with the 3 woo woo woo's!!! at the end.... to me that's the definitive end to a Stones concert... but this one has some great stuff, finally decent audio on Heartbreaker and StarF*cker and a general overall precise sound without all that channel back and forth some of the boots have. I consider this an addition to my Brussels collection, but not the defining moment. Maybe Wembley (Sept 9 73?) is one of the other six releases planned, who knows? Or Brussels first show?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:19

totally agree on the three-count wildman shout at the end of SFM - for me the '73 versions go on a bit too long (guess you had to be there) but that ending more than makes up for it - the howl of a glittery bluesman at the end of the line - still gives me goosebumps when i hear it

Date: November 24, 2011 18:25

yup, that finale of Rip, Flash and SFM with the three woo's is just nuts.. I searched near and wide to find a suitable version of that 'take' of SFM as I found on some 'takes' the three woo's were louder or softer than others.. and I kept searching til I find the loudest ones I could. The whole show builds to that moment.

As as aside, on the new Brussels Official version of SFM, do you hear a weird sort of 'whooping' sound that swoops in and out in the background behind the guitars during the final part when the tempo picks up?? WTF is that?? Synth? Preston?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:47

pinkfloydthebarber
As as aside, on the new Brussels Official version of SFM, do you hear a weird sort of 'whooping' sound that swoops in and out in the background behind the guitars during the final part when the tempo picks up?? WTF is that?? Synth? Preston?

Probably a rotating leslie speaker on BP's organ. Just a guess. peace.

Posted by: ChrisM42 ()
Date: November 28, 2011 21:57

"Brussels Affair (Live 1973)" is Number 2 on the top selling albums list on Google Music. It’s ahead of Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Lil'Wayne. Justice as last!

Chris M.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 28, 2011 22:26

ChrisM42
"Brussels Affair (Live 1973)" is Number 2 on the top selling albums list on Google Music. It’s ahead of Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Lil'Wayne. Justice as last!

Chris M.

That is cool indeed!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 29, 2011 00:28

LieB
ChrisM42

Chris M.

That is cool indeed!

Good news. Quality usually sells well. The download makes it simple for people to get it quick.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home