Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Detailed Analysis of The Authorized Brussels Affair
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 22, 2011 19:01

StonesTod
schillid
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
dcba
"Trevor Lawrence was sacked after the Munich shows"

You mean Bobby?

Yes - Bobby - post edited, thanks F

that woulda been a sad sax sack

That really sucks. It'd surely would have been so sick if there had been TWO sad sax sacks that summer.

mhm. then it woulda been a sad sacking of the sax section...

so it would seem

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 22, 2011 19:32

Rank Stranger
Maybe I'm going to make a fool of myself again, but with so many comments about this show and the personnel, I wonder why nobody has mentioned Ian Stewart yet!

Am I the only one who hears some beautiful boogie/rock'n'roll piano on some faster songs like "Star Star", "All Down The Line", "Honky Tonk Women"...?

To my old ears this sounds like Stu, not Billy Preston.

You are correct, the boogie piano on Star Star, ADTL, HTW and Rip is Stu, not Billy Preston. The piano on YCAGWYW is most likely Jagger.

Mathijs

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 22, 2011 19:34

Nice work Chris. For many of us it was obvious immediately when Gs was played on our Hifi that it was not the same as on Lost Brussels.
I try to know more about the 2nd show. Maybe Info to follow.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 22, 2011 19:41

Mathijs
Rank Stranger
Maybe I'm going to make a fool of myself again, but with so many comments about this show and the personnel, I wonder why nobody has mentioned Ian Stewart yet!

Am I the only one who hears some beautiful boogie/rock'n'roll piano on some faster songs like "Star Star", "All Down The Line", "Honky Tonk Women"...?

You are correct, the boogie piano on Star Star, ADTL, HTW and Rip is Stu, not Billy Preston. The piano on YCAGWYW is most likely Jagger.

Mathijs

No wonder! It's Billy AND Stu... I thought it was just Billy Preston.

After a few listens to Brussels, I had come to become awe-struck by (mistaken) belief that Billy Preston was playing everything and so versatile in his genres & style.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 22, 2011 19:49

schillid
Mathijs
Rank Stranger

Mathijs

After a few listens to Brussels, I had come to become awe-struck by (mistaken) belief that Billy Preston was playing everything and so versatile in his genres & style.

billy can play alot of styles.

i've never seen any documented references that stu played on this tour....not saying he didn't...but where are the zentgrafs and others on this?

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 22, 2011 19:51

Mathijs
Rank Stranger

Mathijs

Thanks, Mathijs! For the second time this year you saved me!

Date: November 22, 2011 20:14

StonesTod
i've never seen any documented references that stu played on this tour....not saying he didn't...but where are the zentgrafs and others on this?

Aren't there photographs?

Date: November 22, 2011 20:31

schillid
StonesTod

Aren't there photographs?

yeah, but can't decide whether to get the mp3 versions or spring for flac

Date: November 22, 2011 22:35

StonesTod
schillid
Mathijs
Rank Stranger

Mathijs

Well, Nico didn't know about Manuel Kellough on this tour until I told him...Anyways, there's several pics of Stu behind the piano with Preston on organ, and the style of Stu is pretty recognizable.

Mathijs

Date: November 22, 2011 22:37

ChrisM42
The complete analysis of the officially authorized Brussels Affair at:

[www.rollingstonesnet.com]

Yours,

Chris M.

Revelations On The Rolling Stones

Btw Chris, are you finally going to take our word? Are you going to correct that it is not Keys on sax on the Brussels show? Just like Stray Cat from Ya-Ya's isn't from Baltimore? And that Stu does all boogie piano?

Mathijs

Date: November 22, 2011 22:43

Mathijs
StonesTod
schillid
Mathijs
Rank Stranger

Mathijs

Well, Nico didn't know about Manuel Kellough on this tour until I told him...Anyways, there's several pics of Stu behind the piano with Preston on organ, and the style of Stu is pretty recognizable.

Mathijs

ok. so, what else do you know about this tour that you're not telling us?

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 22, 2011 22:54

does anyone know why one of the boots was titled "Back to the Graveyard" is there a graveyard at Forest National, Brussels?..

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:02

UGot2Rollme
does anyone know why one of the boots was titled "Back to the Graveyard" is there a graveyard at Forest National, Brussels?..

Can't have anything to do with Brussels. There was an old vinyl boot"; "Down In The Graveyard" on OBR records. When they released it later with 6 additional tracks from Brussels (the original one didn't have any Brussels tracks on it) - they titled in "Back To The Graveyard"

I bet there's no reason for the original title. Stouts cartoon of a graveyard is quite funny though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-22 23:06 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 22, 2011 23:51

Erik_Snow
UGot2Rollme

Can't have anything to do with Brussels. There was an old vinyl boot"; "Down In The Graveyard" on OBR records. I bet there's no reason for the original title. Stouts cartoon of a graveyard is quite funny though

The first line in Dancin' With Mr. D is "Down In The Graveyard, Where We Had Our Tryst..."

Date: November 22, 2011 23:57

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Erik_Snow
UGot2Rollme

Can't have anything to do with Brussels. There was an old vinyl boot"; "Down In The Graveyard" on OBR records. I bet there's no reason for the original title. Stouts cartoon of a graveyard is quite funny though

The first line in Dancin' With Mr. D is "Down In The Graveyard, Where We Had Our Tryst..."

Yes of course; I thought that went without saying

Date: November 23, 2011 00:06

Erik_Snow
UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Erik_Snow
UGot2Rollme

Well, to say that which was thought to have went without saying is something I consider to be a personal responsibility. But, perhaps that goes without saying.

Date: November 23, 2011 00:08

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Erik_Snow
UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Erik_Snow
UGot2Rollme

Well, to say that which was thought to have went without saying is something I consider to be a personal responsibility. But, perhaps that goes without saying.

That goes without saying too, that's true

Date: November 23, 2011 00:25

StonesTod
Mathijs
StonesTod
schillid
Mathijs
Rank Stranger

Mathijs

Mathijs

ok. so, what else do you know about this tour that you're not telling us?

Nothing that has not been posted on this board. But after numerous contacts with Chris his website is quite a one way street. Chances he will change his info on Bobby Keys to the correct info, or that he will acknowledge I was the one who pointed out the solo edit on ADTL, are really pretty slim.

Mathijs

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:37

Mathijs
Erik_Snow
Mathijs
ChrisM42
The complete analysis of the officially authorized Brussels Affair at:

Yours,

Chris M.

Revelations On The Rolling Stones

Chris -Bobby Keys was sacked before this show, most probably after Rotterdam. It's Trevor Lawrence on sax.

Mathijs

Bobby Keys was sacked after the Munich shows; unless I'm mistaken, as he didn't show up to the airport when they were leaving for Frankfurt

Listen to the sax solo in Frankfurt 1973 (1st show), and compare them with the Munich (and previous) solos. THe sax player has no clue on what to play.

Haven't listened to the all lately, but the story is/was that he missed some shows, and the went overboard by ordering a bath tub of champagne and drinking it all together with some hookers in the Rotterdam Hilton. He then was sacked by Jagger.

In my book you earn a medal after a story like that.

Mathijs

Whats the medal for? Drinkin the champagne? I doubt that's what he did with/in it. He couldn't afford it was obviously MJ's and KR's message.

Someone who could come up with the Xerox of that hotel room bill, frame it and give one copy to the RR Hall of fame in Ohio, one to Bobby K. , and of course post it to IORR, I can only imagine the itemized bill. That's entertainment! peace

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 16:03

Mathijs

Nothing that has not been posted on this board. But after numerous contacts with Chris his website is quite a one way street. Chances he will change his info on Bobby Keys to the correct info, or that he will acknowledge I was the one who pointed out the solo edit on ADTL, are really pretty slim.

Mathijs

ach yes , I e-mailed him about ya ya s little queeny and keiths guitar overdub a long time ago and no reaction or correction . . . .

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 23, 2011 19:24

I assure you that I do exist...I think.

Date: November 23, 2011 22:12

shawnriffhard
"And "ChrisM" here on IORR is NOT the same as the ChrisM who's running that Rolling Stones web page".

Is this correct? I clicked through to the website from his post yesterday and he responded in a couple of hours.............so, I'm confused (have been since Let's Work came out, but I digress)

"ChrisM42" is the guy who's running that site. Just take a look at the name of the "thread-starter" here.
"ChrisM" is one of guitarexperts on IORR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-23 22:14 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: shawnriffhard ()
Date: November 23, 2011 22:19

The signature on THAT post is Chris M. His handle is Chrism42 because that's his age as far as I know.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 23, 2011 22:55

Mainman
71Tele
Erik_Snow
71Tele
I happen to know that Swiss is not any of these other people, as I know her personally. This post by Mainman seems very similar to a series of ones last year from someone called beelyboy, who seemed to have some kind of obsession for accusing people (including me) of using multiple names. Colonial lives in Australia, Amsterdammed and kleermaker are Dutch, StonesTod is very well known here, and I am certain that none of these other folks are the same as ChrisM, so it's very difficult to understand what the point of your post is. Are you claiming that all these (and ChrisM) are the same person?

In addition to the people you mentioned; CC, dcba nor Honestman are certainly not any of those other people either.
And "ChrisM" here on IORR is NOT the same as the ChrisM who's running that Rolling Stones web page; so this is all a pretty wild conclusion
Let's move on to something else - please

Sounds good to me, I was just experiencing deja vu.

And here come the rest of the trolls under the same person (Mr Pete Weird, alias Eddy the Eagle etc) to try and hide over the fact that so many here have had you sussed for so long.

Thanks for giving us all one helluva laugh!

Promise me just one thing...don't EVER work for MI5!

OK, so if someone calls bs on your paranoia, we're "trolls". Best of luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-23 22:55 by 71Tele.

Date: November 23, 2011 23:16

Erik_Snow
shawnriffhard
"And "ChrisM" here on IORR is NOT the same as the ChrisM who's running that Rolling Stones web page".

Is this correct? I clicked through to the website from his post yesterday and he responded in a couple of hours.............so, I'm confused (have been since Let's Work came out, but I digress)

"ChrisM42" is the guy who's running that site. Just take a look at the name of the "thread-starter" here
"ChrisM" is one of guitarexperts on IORR
I am indeed the latter ChrisM. I have been confused with the former a few times because we share the same first name and last initial. As much as I love listening to the shows, I would never take the time to analyze them to the depth ChrisM42 has. Well done and kudos!

Posted by: Mainman ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:19

71Tele
Mainman
71Tele
Erik_Snow
71Tele
I happen to know that Swiss is not any of these other people, as I know her personally. This post by Mainman seems very similar to a series of ones last year from someone called beelyboy, who seemed to have some kind of obsession for accusing people (including me) of using multiple names. Colonial lives in Australia, Amsterdammed and kleermaker are Dutch, StonesTod is very well known here, and I am certain that none of these other folks are the same as ChrisM, so it's very difficult to understand what the point of your post is. Are you claiming that all these (and ChrisM) are the same person?

In addition to the people you mentioned; CC, dcba nor Honestman are certainly not any of those other people either.
And "ChrisM" here on IORR is NOT the same as the ChrisM who's running that Rolling Stones web page; so this is all a pretty wild conclusion
Let's move on to something else - please

Sounds good to me, I was just experiencing deja vu.

And here come the rest of the trolls under the same person (Mr Pete Weird, alias Eddy the Eagle etc) to try and hide over the fact that so many here have had you sussed for so long.

Thanks for giving us all one helluva laugh!

Promise me just one thing...don't EVER work for MI5!

OK, so if someone calls bs on your paranoia, we're "trolls". Best of luck.

Ok Eddy, if it is BS, then why, like moths to a flame, are you are so vehemently bringing out your army of trolls to defend yourself?

I'll tell you why...it is because you are nothing but an out-an-out coward who needs safety in numbers to swarm all over posts and give the appearance that the majority are right.

You know it; I know it; and anyone with half a brain knows it; which is why so many have departed this site.

Don't you see?

We've played you at your own game and conned you into thinking that everyone else is as stupid as you are!

So carry on idling your time away and talking to yourself. No doubt it's exactly what your therapist would recommend.

Oh, and keep up with the web development!

Date: November 23, 2011 23:25

What a tick! Mainman, aren't you the poster formerly known as 'Loggie' and 'Barn Owl'? The references you make here suggest that possibility, not that I expect you to cop to it.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:33

Chris is the best

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:41

Happy Thanksgiving.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 02:39 by 71Tele.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 24, 2011 00:24

PLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC
and please keep away from discussing persons.

Thank you.

Bjornulf
IORR editor&moderator

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home