Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are download only(s) a false economy for bands ?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 20, 2011 16:01

A friend offered me a free copy of his Brusssels download, I had it already so didn't accept, however, I did know that if I hadn't had it already I would have accepted and not have then paid for a download........................
On the other hand, tomorrow in England the 'Live in Texas' and 'Some girls' are coming out and although I will be made the same offer on these by my mate by the end of the week I will still buy them myself................
So as far as I'm concerned the Stones are more likely to get my wallet open with physical discs than D/Ls even though they cost more..................

Anyone else prefer to pay for a proper CD/DVD than get a download or copy of a D/L even if it's free ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-20 20:36 by EddieByword.

Re: Are download only(s) a false economy for bands ?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 20, 2011 20:30

I guess not

Re: Are download only(s) a false economy for bands ?
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 21:23

Personally I'll probably buy all of these, even if somebody offers me a free copy, just out of hopes that "voting with my wallet" encourages The Stones to release more. Show them there's a market and all that. $4.99 is not much to pay for them taking the time to do this. If it were a band other than the Stones that aren't one of my favorites, I probably wouldn't pay for it.

Would I rather have a physical copy with a cool booklet and all that? Sure, but at the same time if they were doing that we probably wouldn't see as many shows being released. We're getting more of a product that is cheaper to produce and cheaper to buy. I think in the end having 6 shows released on the cheap is going to net them more money than releasing a bunch of physical copies. If they released all of these on CD you would probably only see loyal Stones fans dishing out the money for it, while the cheap price of these downloads is tempting to even casual fans. I know a guy who only owns 2 Stones albums (one of which is Hot Rocks), but he bought Brussels Affair. Online downloads for low prices are much more likely to catch impulse buyers than full priced discs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home