Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Honky Tonk Woman individual tracks
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: January 4, 2018 02:41

Here are some more stems from the Stones. HTW played live in 1973 I believe. Sorry about the poor audio quality...

HTW live- Charlie

HTW live - brass and sax

HTW live - keyboards

HTW live - Bill W

HTW live - Mick T

HTW live - Keith

HTW live - vocals

Re: Honky Tonk Woman individual tracks
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 4, 2018 05:00

Thanks mrpaulincanada - Keith laying down the beef and then hearing Mick Taylor isolated is fascinating and helps demonstrate his prowess...they were truly a great team. thumbs up

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 4, 2018 05:16

Very, very interesting to listen to. And a great choice. Keep ‘em coming!

Date: January 4, 2018 06:06

So interesting.
I would have thought this was a Live Jagger vocal; never the 73 released version. Together in the chorus they are extremely loose.
What gets me from these particular tracks is: Keith has the reputation of ragged and loose styled playing. Yet of all the performances here he is the one who is the anchor, the glue who holds it together. Charlie's meter is good, but he never plays the same thing twice; they say he follows Keith, but I have always thought he follows the melody.
Bill is so far out there that I can not believe it pulls together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-05 15:35 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: January 4, 2018 10:12

Palace Revolution 2000
What gets me from these particular tracks is: Keith has the reputation of ragged and loose styled playing. Yet of all the performances here he is the one who is the anchor, the glue who holds it together.

That's what makes BRUSSELS AFFAIR the best Stones live recording that ever was. I am particularly struck by the long numbers You can't alwys get what you want and Midnight rambler with the glorious interplay of the two guitarists (and the brilliant performance of the entire band).

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 4, 2018 13:38

On a slightly different matter, can anyone tell me who the ladies were who graced the cover photo for the single?
Its the shot where a moustached Mick Taylor appears to be the barman!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 4, 2018 13:39

My all time favorite Glimmer Twins song smiling smiley

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 4, 2018 15:32

Thanx....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 5, 2018 14:02

mrpaulincanada
Here are some more stems from the Stones. HTW played live in 1973 I believe. Sorry about the poor audio quality...

HTW live- Charlie

HTW live - brass and sax

HTW live - keyboards

HTW live - Bill W

HTW live - Mick T

HTW live - Keith

HTW live - vocals

A novum -a bootleg recording taken from the headphones of the Exhibitionism!

Mathijs

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 5, 2018 14:17

@mrpaulincanada - thanks for starting a new thread.

Keith certainly sounds a lot less sloppy here than on the Rockband isolated tracks like Gimme Shelter.

No wonder Bill was appalled at being asked to play on HTW at the O2, hehe...

Mathijs

A novum -a bootleg recording taken from the headphones of the Exhibitionism!

Mathijs

Haha, at least that's one boot you won't be able to sit on for the rest of your life !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 5, 2018 14:43

<Keith certainly sounds a lot less sloppy here than on the Rockband isolated tracks like Gimme Shelter>

Had you compared the GS rhythm-track to the Brussels HTW rhythm-track, the comparison would have been more just, imo.

I guess the live HTW-solo would have sounded just as sloppy as the isolated GS solo licks we heard before smiling smiley

Date: January 5, 2018 15:41

DandelionPowderman

Had you compared the GS rhythm-track to the Brussels HTW rhythm-track, the comparison would have been more just, imo.

I guess the live HTW-solo would have sounded just as sloppy as the isolated GS solo licks we heard before smiling smiley

So this was not the Brussels version? Now I'm embarrassed. I have to edit my earlier post.

Date: January 5, 2018 15:42

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

So this was not the Brussels version? Now I'm embarrassed. I have to edit my earlier post.

Yes, it was Brussels. But gotdablouse must be comparing Keith's shaky GS-licks to the somewhat steady Brussels-rhythm. Not a valid comparison, imo - hence I suggested comparing the lead-tracks smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-05 15:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home