Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Got your money saved for next year for Stones tour
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: November 19, 2011 20:44

I've got a bunch saved how bout eveyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 20:44 by tipps.

Re: Got your money saved for next year for Stones tour
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 19, 2011 21:21

I just found 37 cents under my sofa cushions.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 19, 2011 21:28

i'm selling my flat

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 21:37

I'm selling my Stones collection..uh ?

Date: November 19, 2011 21:38

I'm not going so don't need to save any money.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2011 21:56

Sir Craven of Cottage

Explain yourself Sir ... whadya mean you're not going ? This is an outrage, I protest !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:04

Sir Craven of Cottage

I'm going but don't need to save money.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:05

..... got some stuck in an old shoe box....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:26

next years tax return should cover it... burn the visa first then return the coin with tonnes of interest..

ahh well it will be worth it

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:44

Rockman
..... got some stuck in an old shoe box....

...and check your cookie jar toodrinking smiley

Date: November 20, 2011 13:08

paulywaul
Sir Craven of Cottage

Explain yourself Sir ... whadya mean you're not going ? This is an outrage, I protest !!

Been there, done it, bought a few t-shirts. Much as I love them and will continue to buy their stuff I don't have any desire to spend £150 per ticket to see the same show that I saw in 2003, 2006 and 2007. The tours I saw from 1990 to 1999 were all different. After that it never changed. If the tickets were £40 each no problem. But I can't justify to myself such hideous ticket prices.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 20, 2011 13:19

Next year??

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: November 20, 2011 13:53

Sir Craven of Cottage
paulywaul
Sir Craven of Cottage

Been there, done it, bought a few t-shirts. Much as I love them and will continue to buy their stuff I don't have any desire to spend £150 per ticket to see the same show that I saw in 2003, 2006 and 2007. The tours I saw from 1990 to 1999 were all different. After that it never changed. If the tickets were £40 each no problem. But I can't justify to myself such hideous ticket prices.

I have to agree. I am much more interested in the DVD releases and archives. There was very little difference between Licks and ABB. Licks was different from No Security, Bridges, Voodoo and further back of course. What I would spend on travel, food, tickets, etc. for just a two hour show I could spend on taking the wife and kids away for the weekend somewhere reasonable. I know I'm preaching to the Jonestown choir but times are very different. My priorities are different and I suspect I am not alone. So throw your barbs and insults. I am still a fan, always will be and will have a smile on my face when a Stones song comes on the radio when I wasn't expecting it.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 20, 2011 14:11

I'll be there.....for one show at least. It does get really expensive at £150 plus fees a ticket. Flights, hotels and partying don't come too cheap either! Well, maybe two shows........

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 20, 2011 14:33

I hope I'm ready....smileys with beer

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 20, 2011 14:38

rogue
Sir Craven of Cottage
paulywaul
Sir Craven of Cottage

I have to agree. I am much more interested in the DVD releases and archives. There was very little difference between Licks and ABB. Licks was different from No Security, Bridges, Voodoo and further back of course. What I would spend on travel, food, tickets, etc. for just a two hour show I could spend on taking the wife and kids away for the weekend somewhere reasonable. I know I'm preaching to the Jonestown choir but times are very different. My priorities are different and I suspect I am not alone. So throw your barbs and insults. I am still a fan, always will be and will have a smile on my face when a Stones song comes on the radio when I wasn't expecting it.
Totally agree with this last comment.

Date: December 21, 2011 15:25

I put all my change and the odd note in a 5 litre Woodstock and Bourdon keg a rough guess It'll probably be a couple of grand in it by the time its full.Its going to feel good cracking it open its all going on my next Stones concert.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 21, 2011 15:46

I think I've got enough for an Egg McMuffin.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 21, 2011 15:47

If I catch the Stones on their next tour, it'll be for one show only. It's far too expensive and I have other more important priorities. I have invested a lot of money in the Rolling Stones since I first caught them live in 2002 - and whilst I regret nothing, the carefree days when I got splash out on expensive tickets for multiple shows are gone. I'll be saving my hard earned wages for more important matters in 2012, definitely.

Date: December 21, 2011 15:50

Stones should tour for free to give back to all the fans...

Oh Oh...

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 21, 2011 15:52

I'd rather give me money to Mick and Keith and the boys than stupid chicks who doesna appreciatemy company. Anyway, first European Championship in Ukraine, then The Stones! What a year it'll be!! 2006 all over again!!!

Wah F***ing Hey!!!!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: December 21, 2011 16:46

Well, I'm trying to some of my wages away every month so I gotta little dosh ready just in case for next year.

If they do a tour though, i've decided i'm gonna knock my job on the head n try to do my own personal Stones tour, did something similar on bigger Bang, (was lecturing then so had the whole summer off for european tour)

'course if any friendly folks out there wanna lend a hand and put me up for their local Stones concerts then I'm well house broken (just) >grinning smiley<

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 21, 2011 17:45

I've been putting money away for years so that I can afford tickets to the World Series when my Los Angeles Dodgers appear. Well, it's been 23 years, so I've got a ton of money saved. Bring on the STONES!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 21, 2011 18:02

I got some around here somewhere.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 21, 2011 18:07

Err,sorry to say his,but no one should get his money saved for a new Stones tour.
It means you get no money at all .
Don't you have money on your bank account, or investments ?

Date: December 21, 2011 18:25

I don't like making bad investments.

Date: December 21, 2011 18:26

What tour next year.

Date: December 21, 2011 18:55

SwayStones
Err,sorry to say his,but no one should get his money saved for a new Stones tour.
Bank accounts and saving money..investments? that all sounds 1970's most people I know would be lucky to "rub two bob together" us Working Class Battlers are living from week to week

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 21, 2011 19:04

StreetKidStonesRule
SwayStones
Bank accounts and saving money..investments? that all sounds 1970's most people I know would be lucky to "rub two bob together" us working class battlers are living from week to week

LOL it seems "Investments " wasn't -one more time- the right translation from my French to English

I meant trade /business

Date: December 21, 2011 19:09

I've got $400 cash in my sock drawer and I sure as hell ain't gonna blow it on the Stones.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home