Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger sums up Richards.
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:12

[www.youtube.com]
This is an old clip and Im sure that you have been over it before but I have just seen it. Jagger confirms what we I have always thought about Richards, he must have been very different as a teenager because they could not be more different than they are now.Its difficult to imagine them as friends, one aticulate and thoughtful. the other one, not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-19 00:13 by lapaz62.

Re: Jagger sums up Richards.
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:19

Opposites attract smiling smiley .... And make beautiful music together.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:22

Keith not happy? He wrote a song called Happy!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 19, 2011 02:30

NoCode0680
Keith not happy? He wrote a song called Happy!!

'I need my love, to keep me happy'....can't be happy on his own.

I believe you've made Mick's case for him, and for that he thanks you.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:11

The original line from the song was probably, I need drugs, to make me happy and they changed it to love, to make me happy.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 05:57

Ridiculous. Keith is thoughtful and very articulate.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:46

Ridiculous.

Dont wanna pick a fight, but have any of you ever considered that just maybe..just maybe..Keith told the truth in his book..that Mick is self centered diva, who treated the rest of the band like shit.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 19, 2011 13:24

Completely ridiculous crap here about Keith. Don't judge him unless you've met him. I've met him; he's kind, articulate, sweet, gentle. All good things. To say nothing of a beautiful soul who writes music, loves music, plays music.

Lots of judgement going on lately.smoking smiley Not cool at all!

Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: November 19, 2011 13:43

Keith is happy. Loves his children and grandchildren . Loves to laugh and enjoys hanging out with friends. He is the center of attention in a room.....He is Keith.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 19, 2011 13:45

TeddyB1018

It doesn't come out of the things he says or writes(even with the help of ghost writer). He has never dwelt on any abstract topics, discussed any deep issues. All he gave out was a bunch of vague one-liners, meant to amuse the public and distract from his real personality. One can see that the process of thinking was always repelling to him. That's where drugs and alcohol abuse step in. Well, he is the king of rock-n-roll. Nobody expects of him to speak on Confucius or Dostoyevsky. That we'll leave to Jagger.

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: November 19, 2011 15:10

Cocaine Eyes
Completely ridiculous crap here about Keith. Don't judge him unless you've met him. I've met him; he's kind, articulate, sweet, gentle. All good things. To say nothing of a beautiful soul who writes music, loves music, plays music.

Lots of judgement going on lately.smoking smiley Not cool at all!

Oh my God..Not the I met him argument. I can't stand that argument. Nobody is an Ahole every second to everyone. I have seen people use to to try and defend Tyson when he was raping people or beating up old men. And Michael Jackson and so on.

All I know about the guy is he won't shut his freaking mouth. He wrote a book and told all kinds of things about someone else that he should have shut his mouth about. He knows Jagger is a private person and he didn't give a crap.

If Jagger is a diva that is hard to play with then don't play with him. But shut your mouth. Like I have said before he even put Jagger's treatment of Jerry Hall out there for Jagger's children to see. And I don't give a crap what anyone else has already said about it, it wasn't Aholes place.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 19, 2011 15:33

Perhaps you should meet the man personally.

...and tell him to "shut his freaking mouth" right in his face.

I bet you can't stand that argument either. eye rolling smiley

indeed ridiculous crap here

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 19, 2011 15:50

proudmary
TeddyB1018

It doesn't come out of the things he says or writes(even with the help of ghost writer). He has never dwelt on any abstract topics, discussed any deep issues. All he gave out was a bunch of vague one-liners, meant to amuse the public and distract from his real personality. One can see that the process of thinking was always repelling to him. That's where drugs and alcohol abuse step in. Well, he is the king of rock-n-roll. Nobody expects of him to speak on Confucius or Dostoyevsky. That we'll leave to Jagger.

Sorry, I know you and Doxa are the Mick Jagger groupie wannabe's. You can't stand Keith Richards and take every opportunity to post your barbed comments.

For what its worth, I think Keith is incredibly articulate and thoughtful. Mick is the one always looking at the next trend, and forever forgetting who he truly is. Keith is a rock.

Date: November 19, 2011 18:00

Shoot the messenger why don't you Brianwalker. Do you want to discuss Jaggers treatment of Jerry Hall, or just see it brushed under the carpet cause Jagger is a "private person". yet you have the audacity to criticise someone who has actually met Keith. You glibly throw in references to rape inferring there is something about Keith that is dark and nasty. Just remember, Keith is the family guy who doesn't treat his women like shit. Who can sustain a relationship.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 19, 2011 18:15

"Family guy." Perhaps today.

The way he treated Marlon and Anita for many years is deplorable.

Date: November 19, 2011 18:22

open-g
Perhaps you should meet the man personally.

...and tell him to "shut his freaking mouth" right in his face.

I bet you can't stand that argument either. eye rolling smiley

indeed ridiculous crap here

No way. I am sure he would give me the blade with a cig hanging out of his mouth.

Date: November 19, 2011 18:26

letitloose
Shoot the messenger why don't you Brianwalker. Do you want to discuss Jaggers treatment of Jerry Hall, or just see it brushed under the carpet cause Jagger is a "private person". yet you have the audacity to criticise someone who has actually met Keith. You glibly throw in references to rape inferring there is something about Keith that is dark and nasty. Just remember, Keith is the family guy who doesn't treat his women like shit. Who can sustain a relationship.

I use the rape to show that someone can meet you, think you are a good guy when actually you are not. I am not saying Richards is in that class of person. I do KNOW he is a rat bastard who won't shut his mouth about things that shouldn't be his concern.

I also know he is like the high school kid I always hated. The guy who is always jumping up and down yelling look at me, I am badass. I smoke and drink and I have to let everyone know about it, all the freaking time.

Date: November 19, 2011 18:29

stonesrule

Bingo. The guy who complained that Jagger was gong home to see his pregnant wife during Exile recording. And the guy who didn't even bother to go home to his wife when their child died.

IN other words the guy who always put family in seconds place behind the music.

Date: November 19, 2011 18:31

brianwalker
letitloose

I use the rape to show that someone can meet you, think you are a good guy when actually you are not. I am not saying Richards is in that class of person. I do KNOW he is a rat bastard who won't shut his mouth about things that shouldn't be his concern.

So you think its Richards business to descuss Jagger's relationship problems for the world to read?

I also know he is like the high school kid I always hated. The guy who is always jumping up and down yelling look at me, I am badass. I smoke and drink and I have to let everyone know about it, all the freaking time.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: November 19, 2011 19:23

So you've met Keith big deal.....you don't know him. Keith is thoughtful...Keith is articulate.... sounds like a bunch of teenage girls gushing about Justin Bieber.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 19, 2011 20:46

Goodness, such talk in this thread. Would it be possible for all to agree that there have been more than a couple incarnations of keith Richards over time, that like all of us, his personality and general way of handling things and looking at life has evolved over time?

I know I wouldn't want to be judged now at age 53 and have someone decide I must still be like I was when I was 20, because I'm not that guy anymore. At 30 I was different, 40 to 50 and so forth. Here, we have the teenage Keith known mostly via his own accounts and those of others, the drug addled and addicted Keith most of us saw first hand through his 20's and 30's and into his 40's. Then there's the Keith that has gotten older and mellowed somewhat, and has begun to appreciate things he either took for granted or simply ignored before. As is his wont, he makes little to no apologies but doesn't seem to expect any from anyone else, either. The Keith that is approaching 70, likely surprising even him, because I know I never expected to see it, will have his own memories and accounts of his life that have been informed by the way he lived up to now, good, bad or indifferent. He's a family man and he isn't, He's warm and cuddly and he's an emotionless zombie. He's all those things and he's a paradox overall, but so are the rest of us. Unlike most of us though, his life has played out for all to see, and therein lies the problem. We all think we know him.

Date: November 19, 2011 21:41

brianwalker
stonesrule

Bingo. The guy who complained that Jagger was gong home to see his pregnant wife during Exile recording. And the guy who didn't even bother to go home to his wife when their child died.

Why do you even listen to the music. When you listen to Angie, do you lament the death of Keiths child that you allude he never cared for. Shame on you.

Date: November 20, 2011 00:24

seitan
Ridiculous.

Dont wanna pick a fight, but have any of you ever considered that just maybe..just maybe..Keith told the truth in his book..that Mick is self centered diva, who treated the rest of the band like shit.

Brenda is no diva.

Date: November 20, 2011 00:32

letitloose
brianwalker
stonesrule

Why do you even listen to the music. When you listen to Angie, do you lament the death of Keiths child that you allude he never cared for. Shame on you.[/[/b]quote]

Shame on you? For having a coherent opinion? What an odd comment.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:37

FFS. This place can be so lame.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:30

Can you please clarify in what way Jagger is a private person.
If there's one person who likes to dwell in public that's Jagger.
He has a need to be seen in all kinds of public events.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: November 20, 2011 01:50

Not sure I understand. Mick was talking about Keith ABOUT his reaction to him getting crowned. Not about Keith and his...life. During the Bang tour, of all things, which makes loads of sense eye rolling smiley since that all went down before the Licks tour. That's my take on it.

Or was he. Hmmmmmm.

Well, no matter. No one here knows Keith as well as Mick does. Everyone is saying Keith is this, Keith is that, blah blah blah. So what. Everyone knows he runs his mouth, tells tall tales here and there and is really big on his and the Stones' mythology.

At least Keith had some sense of humor about the knight thing, saying he thought Mick should've held out to be a Lord, or Lord something so babbled up I couldn't understand it.

Date: November 20, 2011 03:55

letitloose
brianwalker
stonesrule

Why do you even listen to the music. When you listen to Angie, do you lament the death of Keiths child that you allude he never cared for. Shame on you.

I listen because I like the music. Keith is my favorite Guitar player of all time and a great song writer. I agree with some of his complaints about Jaqger. Just think he is a rat bastard because of the way he goes about it.

If Jagger wants to go solo then thats the way it is. Stop taking it personally and ripping a guy apart who is supposed to be a friend. And stop talking about his personal business to the media.

And if you don't like the way your lead singer does things, then don't play with him. Stop begging him to play together and then rip him part in hitting below the belt ways.

And stop acting like your some badass Pirate. Its rediculous and unbearable.

Date: November 20, 2011 04:01

Fan Since 1964
Can you please clarify in what way Jagger is a private person.
If there's one person who likes to dwell in public that's Jagger.
He has a need to be seen in all kinds of public events.

I am sure you are aware that jagger rarely talks about his personal life. He rarely talks about his affairs and he rarely talks about women in his life. He doesn't often get into detail about his drug use.

Obviously Jagger wants to hide behind his public persona. Keith knows that yet it still doesn't shut him up.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 20, 2011 04:05

Keef sums up Mick

"Oi Brenda"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home