Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BluRay-Specials - new to me!
Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 18, 2011 22:16

Just watched the bluray-specials (i gues, this is on dvd too). Funny to see them in a tv-studio back in 1978 and doing three totaly different (live!)-versions. COOL !

Re: BluRay-Specials - new to me!
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:59

?? what is BR special ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: BluRay-Specials - new to me!
Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:51

From Wikipedia:

Blue-plate special or blue plate special is a term used in the United States by restaurants, particularly (but not only) diners and cafes. It refers to a specially low-priced meal, usually changing daily. It typically consists of a "meat and three" (three vegetables), presented on a single plate, often a divided plate (rather than more elegantly on separate dishes). The term was very common from the 1920s through the 1950s. As of 2007[update], there are still a few restaurants and diners that offer blue-plate specials under that name, sometimes on blue plates, but it is a vanishing tradition. The phrase itself, however, is still a common American colloquial expression.

A web collection of 1930s prose gives this definition: "A Blue Plate Special is a low-priced daily diner special: a main course with all the fixins, a daily combo, a square for two bits."[citation needed]

Seriously, I think the post was referring to the extras on forthcoming Live in Texas DVD.

Re: BluRay-EXTRAS- new to me!
Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 19, 2011 09:53

Hups, yes, the EXTRAS, excuse me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home