Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Live In Texas CD
Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 22, 2011 14:07

AWESOME CD.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: November 22, 2011 14:12

shortfatfanny
Erik_Snow
flairville
The CD booklet is full of live shots from 1975!
Why they don't get some of the experts on here on the books I'll never know?!

Maybe they thought they were looking too old on the 1978 photos

Uuhmm...just had a closer look at this booklet.
Could it be that it´s just a tour replica from ´78 ?

At least on the last page is beside tour,staff etc. info a copyright hint :

"c 1978 RAINDROP PRODUCTIONS "

That's what I was thinking as well -
were these photos part of the original tour programm or some kind of press-kit to promote the tour?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 22, 2011 14:25

Greenblues
shortfatfanny
Erik_Snow
flairville

That's what I was thinking as well -
were these photos part of the original tour programm or some kind of press-kit to promote the tour?

Haven't seen the booklet myself, but yes it's probably a tour program or presskit that is included in the DVD/CD case.

I wasn't serious about them looking old; I was just thinking about the comment from the guys who produced "Live In Texas".....that Jagger didn't want it released in 1978 as he "was looking so old". That's quite funny, from todays point of view.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: November 22, 2011 14:36

I can assure you that he doesn't look old at all in the video, Erik, albeit pretty coked up - but in any case amazingly energetic. You're definitely in for a nice Christmas.

Posted by: charliesgood ()
Date: November 22, 2011 16:56

The cd smokes i guess we are going to have to rethink are rankings on official live cds after this week

Date: November 23, 2011 16:50

The CD is KILLER!

The mix is excellent, although maybe the guitars are a little too high in the mix in Star Star. They are out front. Eh, it goes with the attitude. When The Whip Comes Down sounds excellent. Wyman's playing is incredible.

It's amazing how their sound has changed so dramatically. I know the 81/82 tours sounded different from 1978 and no one stays the same blah blah blah but just live in general, with some exceptions of the 89/90 shows, they've not attacked the songs and their instruments. The playing on this record has passion, intent and attitude.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 23, 2011 16:55

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
The CD is KILLER!

The mix is excellent, although maybe the guitars are a little too high in the mix in Star Star. They are out front. Eh, it goes with the attitude. When The Whip Comes Down sounds excellent. Wyman's playing is incredible.

It's amazing how their sound has changed so dramatically. I know the 81/82 tours sounded different from 1978 and no one stays the same blah blah blah but just live in general, with some exceptions of the 89/90 shows, they've not attacked the songs and their instruments. The playing on this record has passion, intent and attitude.

the live stones as we knew and loved them ended for all intents and purposes after 81/82. a new stones that we didn't love as much was born in '89. that band is now into it's fourth decade....amazing.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 23, 2011 21:21

But is the CD sound different from the DVD?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 23, 2011 21:40

I'm actually on the fence about picking the official CD over the bootleg. The bootleg was glorious to me. Bill was slightly overpowering in the mix, guitars sounded much rougher and raw...but on the other hand: on the official CD Mick's vocals sound really great and so does Charlie...but it's too evened out to me. I liked the imperfections of the bootleg.

What has been everyone's feelings towards the official CD vs the bootleg (No Flash, No Gimmicks/Handsome Girls)?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 23, 2011 21:44

Whale
But is the CD sound different from the DVD?

I'd say the CD is just the stereo DD track from the DVD, which could explain why the guitars are panned to the extremes as on the DVD - apparently it was edited a bit to fit on a CD.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 23, 2011 21:44

Justin
I'm actually on the fence about picking the official CD over the bootleg. The bootleg was glorious to me. Bill was slightly overpowering in the mix, guitars sounded much rougher and raw...but on the other hand: on the official CD Mick's vocals sound really great and so does Charlie...but it's too evened out to me. I liked the imperfections of the bootleg.

What has been everyone's feelings towards the official CD vs the bootleg (No Flash, No Gimmicks/Handsome Girls)?
The DVD is a great improvement of course, but Gorgeous girls has them playing "Hound dog". I tend to play that one really loud.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:48

I am interested.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:52

CD sound is quite good and I find better (sound quality wise) than the official Brussels Affair. Maybe it's because Clearmountain style of mixing (heavy drums...) suits better to the Stones from 78 than to the Stones from 73.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 24, 2011 00:32

Best Official Live Stones CD.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 24, 2011 03:21

The booklet is indeed a (small) replica of the official 1978 Tour Program, sorry If I'm a bit late for the answer.
By the way, I didn't recall that they also planned at least one show in UK, France and Germany in 1978, too bad they never did, if someone knows why confused smiley

HMN

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 24, 2011 06:25

shortfatfanny
Erik_Snow
flairville

The 1975 photos were in the 1978 tour program.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 24, 2011 08:30

Yes, all 1975 shots except for the middle fold that is a full band photo from 1978. Just listening to the cd for the first time, and even on my small computer speakers this thing sounds BIG through a very strong and balanced mix. Can't wait to crank this one on the big speakers tomorrow. Really sounds great though. A+

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: December 20, 2011 16:40

Just started to compare this CD with Gorgeous Girls and the VGP-278 Out on bail.
It's a mess. I must dedicate top attention but what I already got is that Out on bail is more complete in the audience parts. Gorgeous girls has the complete annoncement and, in my humble opinion, sounds better than the Live in texas CD.
In the intro of ADTL, at second 3,00 in Live in Texas, Jagger says "RIGHT" which is missing i both Out on bail and Gorgeous Girls.
Maybe somebody can help and cross the three titles more accurately..

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: December 20, 2011 16:43

buy all legit @#$%&

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: December 20, 2011 16:44

request vor a vinyl release made from analog tapes of course (1978...)

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-20 16:44 by toomuchforme.

Date: December 24, 2011 19:50

After what song was the 'if the band seems tired' line? It's not on the live album as I recall.

Anyone have trouble burning a copy of the live album? It's too long to put on an 80 minute disc since they aren't really 80s minutes. It's maybe 15 or 20 seconds too long to copy the full show.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home