Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Live In Texas CD
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 18, 2011 18:54

To those who are interested...

CD of the Live In Texas combo runs 80:30 minutes and I did a backup on a simple CD-R without any problems.

Re: Live In Texas CD
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 18, 2011 19:15

shortfatfanny

CD of the Live In Texas combo runs 80:30 minutes and I did a backup on a simple CD-R without any problems.
Thanks SFF, always good to know they did not put some wacky anti-copy stuff on it.

Date: November 18, 2011 19:23

Just didn´t figure out yet,wheter they shortened any songs...beetween the tracks audience is shortened,
and having listened to it only one time I think Jagger´s comment on band´s being tired for being busy the night before
as well...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 18, 2011 19:25

Yet another fantastic show coming in the next week and we're all still catching our breath from the Brussels show.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 19, 2011 07:32

Justin
Yet another fantastic show coming in the next week and we're all still catching our breath from the Brussels show.

And five more soon to follow!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 19, 2011 09:56

postponed in Holland till Nov 25
jeroen

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:20

That's more good news,might take the heat off my copy of Brussels for a while,still playing it to extreme.

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:50

Live In Texas ROCKS PUNKS SOULS ROLLS.
Organic. Rough. Dirty.
Really great.
Maybe the best outta the "some girls deluxe" edition.

greetings from berlin

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 19, 2011 13:36

Well, I was told in the record store this morning that they couldn't deliver the CD until the 28th.
So does anybody have a qualified opinion on whether the audio of the DVD is different from the audio of the CD?
If not, then I can just rip it myself.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 14:11

A DVD has only mp3 sound, a CD has a higher rate.

in germany you can buy it in every store.

Date: November 19, 2011 14:47

corriecas
postponed in Holland till Nov 25
jeroen
As I wrote earlier I had the same unfortunate encounter with reality too this morning.
So now I am ripping the audio to a cd, but am still a bit clueless.
What happens is that the audio is "downmixed to 2 channels", but it's 48000 Hz, so I have to additionally mix it to 44100 Hz, which is the CD audio. But do I lose something in the process?
Any audio freaks here?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 19, 2011 19:56

hockenheim95

Well, I'm not that expert but I know for sure that some dvds have lossless sound!

Btw, very useful info shortfatfanny!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 20:55

I don't know if anybody has already made something. But I "made" some CD artwork for my iTunes, by basically just altering the DVD artwork to the proportions to a CD cover. I couldn't find anything similar in a Google Images search, so I just made one.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 19, 2011 20:58

That's real nice, NOCODE...I shall use that when I get my copy Tuesday.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:47

hockenheim95

That is not accurate. Most commercial dvds have pcm audio at 16bit 48kHz, where cds are 16bit 44.1kHz. Dvd has higher quality audio in general. The only exception is poorly encoded dolby digital.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 15:43

hockenheim95

most the time DVD audio is much better

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 21, 2011 16:04

And Bluray DVD audio is sometimes in 24 bit. A lot of good stuff out there these days.

Date: November 21, 2011 16:41

flacnvinyl
hockenheim95

That is not accurate. Most commercial dvds have pcm audio at 16bit 48kHz, where cds are 16bit 44.1kHz. Dvd has higher quality audio in general. The only exception is poorly encoded dolby digital.
Indeed it is 48kHz whereas the CD is 44100 kHz. I has to resample using linux 'sox' program.

The DVD has three audio options:
1) Stereo
2) Dolby 5.1
3) Surround
So I guess there are three audio channels in each chapter.
But I don't know if my rip using linux program 'transcode' got the right one. Or what the right one is for that matter.

When I looked at transcode's log it speaks about export in Mpeg Audio Layer SE 128 kbps, which made me think I decoding 128K mp3. But I'm not sure.

Complicated stuff. My ripped CD seems to be OK though.

Does anybody know what the quality of the audio on the Blu ray version is?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 01:47

Have this playing right now. It sounds fantastic.

Date: November 22, 2011 01:59

NoCode0680
I don't know if anybody has already made something. But I "made" some CD artwork for my iTunes, by basically just altering the DVD artwork to the proportions to a CD cover. I couldn't find anything similar in a Google Images search, so I just made one.

The booklet included with this set looks like to is made to fit into a CD jewel case,I've just tried it and it fits perfectly.

Date: November 22, 2011 02:07

adotulipson
NoCode0680

The booklet included with this set looks like to is made to fit into a CD jewel case,I've just tried it and it fits perfectly.

Oh, OK. I haven't gotten mine yet so I didn't know it even came with a booklet. Most CD/DVD sets I've gotten just come with a DVD case sized booklet. I just made that for my iTunes not knowing there would actually be a square (as opposed to rectangle) cover art and blend in with the other albums. Is that what the booklet looks like? If it's different I'll just scan the booklet once I get it instead of using that one. I just took the DVD cover and made it equal proportions then centered the tongue logo that had been off to the left of center.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 05:26

No, the booklet cover is less elaborate, though the same photo, yours is vey helpful for iTunes. Thanks.

Date: November 22, 2011 10:09

NoCode0680
adotulipson
NoCode0680

Oh, OK. I haven't gotten mine yet so I didn't know it even came with a booklet. Most CD/DVD sets I've gotten just come with a DVD case sized booklet. I just made that for my iTunes not knowing there would actually be a square (as opposed to rectangle) cover art and blend in with the other albums. Is that what the booklet looks like? If it's different I'll just
scan the booklet once I get it instead of using that one. I just took theDVD cover and made it equal proportions then centered the tongue logo that had been off to the left of center.
Didn't mean any offence to anyone,just saw the size of the booklet and it just looked right,I don't have a scanner but the picture looks pretty similar to me,just checked the booklet,still in a CDjewel case from last night,and noticed that it doesn't have the lower text of Some Girls Live In Texas 78.
I personally don't mind less text but each to their own opinion,at least there is an option to use the booklet,if you want.

Date: November 22, 2011 11:09

adotulipson

Didn't mean any offence to anyone,just saw the size of the booklet and it just looked right,I don't have a scanner but the picture looks pretty similar to me,just checked the booklet,still in a CDjewel case from last night,and noticed that it doesn't have the lower text of Some Girls Live In Texas 78.
I personally don't mind less text but each to their own opinion,at least there is an option to use the booklet,if you want.

I didn't take any offense, I saw what you were saying. I was just saying I didn't know it came with CD sized artwork (iTunes will often just use the rectangular DVD cover as the artwork) which is why I tossed that little thing together, I like uniformity in my iTunes. Now that I know about the booklet, I'll probably just scan that for my artwork.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 22, 2011 12:23

Thanks for the pic for iTunes / iOS device - I'll be using it :-)

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 22, 2011 12:57

TeddyB1018
Have this playing right now. It sounds fantastic.

It does!

However I would have liked the guitars not to be on full left and right - or is it just my new earphones?

One weird thing - is this CD produced by Raindrop Production? The CD leaflet seems to say so. Credits are funny as well.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 22, 2011 13:03

The CD booklet is full of live shots from 1975!
Why they don't get some of the experts on here on the books I'll never know?!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 22, 2011 13:39

shortfatfanny

Thanks SFF. Just got to hold out until 25/12 before I get to see/hear the show! Must...have...willpower...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 22, 2011 13:43

flairville

Maybe they thought they were looking too old on the 1978 photos

Date: November 22, 2011 14:04

Erik_Snow
flairville

Maybe they thought they were looking too old on the 1978 photos

Uuhmm...just had a closer look at this booklet.
Could it be that it´s just a tour replica from ´78 ?

At least on the last page is beside tour,staff etc. info a copyright hint :

"c 1978 RAINDROP PRODUCTIONS "

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1349
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home