Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Message (And REQUEST) to The STONES from the fans WW about the Unreleased Stones Concerts
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 18, 2011 19:56

Probably the only recording I'd want from the "Vegas era" is from 1997: The Double Door, Chicago club show. I have no doubt that if Clearmountain puts his hands on those tapes, he'll blow the audience recording out of the water.

Re: Message (And REQUEST) to The STONES from the fans WW about the Unreleased Stones Concerts
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 20:01

Justin
Probably the only recording I'd want from the "Vegas era" is from 1997: The Double Door, Chicago club show. I have no doubt that if Clearmountain puts his hands on those tapes, he'll blow the audience recording out of the water.

THere's already a soundboard recording available. Both audience and soundboard

Date: November 18, 2011 20:03

Right...some matrix a fan did. Doesn't really compare to an official mix by Clearmountain from the original multi-track tapes.

Date: November 18, 2011 20:07

Justin
Right...some matrix a fan did. Doesn't really compare to an official mix by Clearmountain from the original multi-track tapes.

Well you also have the matrix a fan did. No of course it won't compare with an official release, just wanted to give you the heads up about the SBD recording, since it sounded like you hadn't heard it, as you only mentioned the old AUD tape.

Personally, i have zero interest in that show though. It was neat hearing it in the autumn of 1997 on tape, when being interested in how they sounded "this time" around. But after that......no thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 20:08 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 18, 2011 20:21

The Sherperds Bush show in 1999. They opened with "Shattered" which is very unusual, they played "Moon is up", "Melody", "Some girls","route 66", "I got the blues", "Brand new Car"; not bad and a true " Live Rarities".
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: November 18, 2011 20:32

Oh that's another one rollmops that yeah would be really great to have in a spectacular mix. Not wanting to saturate the wish list with too many latter day recordings, these two would be my top choices.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 18, 2011 21:44

El Mocambo obviously (already in the vaults)
then LA 73 (Nicaragua), club shows from 95, sheperd's bush 99

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:45

I want to knock down the vault doors and see what's in there!!!!!!!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:58

The 100 Club February 23.1986 ? no it won't be released. Private show and special occasion. Not representative of Stones work

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:10

I want a complete show from the Exile tour. Maybe from the Australian tour. I can see them going back and cleaning up that "Unreleased Decca Live Album", or whatever other names the bootlegs go by that's a combination of Philly and Ft. Worth.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:14

One recording from the 90ties has to be released, an underrated period!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:18

windmelody
One recording from the 90ties has to be released, an underrated period!

I'd love to see Ft. Worth '97. But that's because it was my first Stones show, so it's a very selfish hope that I realize few people here probably have an interest in, unless they were there.

Hopes for future archive releases
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 18, 2011 19:48

What are you fans pining for? Personally, I'd LOVE to see Knebworth '76 released, mistakes and all. That heartstopping version of "Wild Horses" alone makes it worth it.

I'd also like to see some later-period shows see the light of day, namely "Brixton '95". Maybe even the opening night Boston show of the Bigger Bang tour.

Re: Hopes for future archive releases
Date: November 18, 2011 19:50

here's the thread for this: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: November 18, 2011 21:15

whoops - been out of it a few days. Sorry for the repeat.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 21:41

theimposter
What are you fans pining for? Personally, I'd LOVE to see Knebworth '76 released, mistakes and all. That heartstopping version of "Wild Horses" alone makes it worth it.

I'd also like to see some later-period shows see the light of day, namely "Brixton '95". Maybe even the opening night Boston show of the Bigger Bang tour.

I want anything live that is released.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:20

to collect all that's been released, you might need to get your house bigger and have a room dedicated to Rolling Stones stuff with "Entrance forbidden"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 20, 2011 22:01

I would like a cleaned up, Clearmountin remixed, official version from a 1975 show. I will leave it to the bootleg experts to choose which show..... or if the Stones want to mix some shows together, to give us some rare songs, that would be OK too. I am not picky.

Date: November 20, 2011 22:09

I'm curious if LIVE IN TEXAS '78 will be the next release since there are apparently no plans for the CD to be available for iTunes, Amazon MP3, or Google Music.

Wasn't there a 1999 show professionally recorded? Anaheim, I think? That seems a possibility. It would be odd if they compete with the official live albums so 1999 seems the most likely of the latterday tours to touch upon.

I would think this will really be what it sounds like - the Official Bootleg Series. That will likely mean no ABKCO-era bootlegs as well since Promotone wouldn't own them. I would imagine Leeds '71, the Lost '72 live album, Perth '73, and the '78 show along with Brussels '73 and the 1999 show would do nicely for an Official Bootleg Series.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: November 20, 2011 22:58

no vegas era crap, keep trying to salvage the legacy plz.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 20, 2011 23:07

Here's my go at it:

So, it's El Mocambo that I want as well.
And I really want more 60s stuff with Brian.
I don't know what recordings exist in any good quality, but the TAMI show and the first Ed Sullivan shows too, show that it was a great band. Really want to hear more of that.
Third, I guess a 1971 CYHMK. If it exists.
Fourth, Knebworth. We have a very good copy of LA 1975 already. The Knebworth boot is not of a sufficient quality.
Fifth, one of the club shows in the nineties or 2000s. That 1997 one is really good.

But it's the 60s stuff that I want most.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 20, 2011 23:24

we should structure this properly and make a count. Perhaps an online poll that is linked in the first post? might not be such a bad idea and who knows, the stones might just consider it if we can somehow reach them...

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 20, 2011 23:26

I'll second (or third?) a request for the 1997 Double Door gig. Superb show, with a wonderful mix of oldies, covers and hot new material.

Along those same lines and never, to my knowledge, bootlegged in its entirety: the 1997 Capitol Theater Port Chester MTV show. Absolutely white hot, with a strange setlist structure owing to the mid-show live broadcast.

2002 Roseland was pretty stellar as well...

And how about a complete 1994 or '95 show? Stripped deprived us of a conventional VL tour album.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2011 23:33

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Wasn't there a 1999 show professionally recorded? Anaheim, I think? That seems a possibility. It would be odd if they compete with the official live albums so 1999 seems the most likely of the latterday tours to touch upon.

They filmed the last two No Security shows in San Jose but were dissatisfied with the results.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: November 20, 2011 23:41

Mocambo 77
Hampton 81
Atlantic City 89
Amsterdam 95
Shepherds Bush 97

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 20, 2011 23:59

rollmops
The Sherperds Bush show in 1999. They opened with "Shattered" which is very unusual, they played "Moon is up", "Melody", "Some girls","route 66", "I got the blues", "Brand new Car"; not bad and a true " Live Rarities".
Rock and Roll,
Mops
This is a good suggestion to. Make a live rarities disc. I guess that the versions of the warhorses we have are fairly comprehensive.
On the other, most of us would like to hear live versions of things like "Moon is up". Personally I like the live versions of the songs of Bridges.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:01

I'm now starting to recover from the shock of the sudden release of Brussels Affairthumbs up
I agree to what frankotero said:
-"I'm floored by the Brussels show, thank you to whoever is responsible for releasing it. IMO this is the kind of material a die hard wants. I look forward to many more of these special downloads.Can't wait until the next surprise!"

These are what I hope for:

-A complete show from '69 that also inkludes highlights from Altamont such as JJ. Flash, Stray Cat Blues, and a complete Sympathy. A complete Rambler from Hyde Park would also be nice.

-A best of show from 1970

-Same goes for '72

-Same goes for winther tour '73 including the LA, Nicaraguan Benefit show.

-Same goes for the '75 Tour of the Americas

Also hoping for Birmingham/Roundhouse etc. from '71 as a bonus disc with the Sticky Fingers Deluxe, London '73 with GHS, and hopefully El Moccambo as a bonus to Love You Live!

Thats all, thank you very muchgrinning smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:03

rollmops
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Would love that one.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:04

I would have to say Orlando 97, Tampa 99, Atlanta 2002 and Tampa 2005 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: November 21, 2011 00:08

Olympic studios sessions.

Exile sessions.

Some Girls sessions.

CD and DVD, please.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home