Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Emotional Rescue citing ... on Seinfeld
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 17, 2011 04:50

On the episode where they volunteer to spend time w/ old folks, and Kramer & Newman go to the old guys appt. to get his records ... after the oldster loses his teeth, they get in the cab holding the records & you can clearly see the back of the Emotional Rescue album -- pretty cool!

Re: Emotional Rescue citing ... on Seinfeld
Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 17, 2011 05:11

There's some new comedy that's been using Emotional Rescue in all of its promos:

(In keeping with the theme of this thread, it stars Newman.)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2011 06:05

LeonidP
On the episode where they volunteer to spend time w/ old folks, and Kramer & Newman go to the old guys appt. to get his records ... after the oldster loses his teeth, they get in the cab holding the records & you can clearly see the back of the Emotional Rescue album -- pretty cool!

Yes, I quite remember that....made me wonder whose collection it actually was, because the old geezer was suppose to have priceless collectable albums (Jazz, Sinatra, I don't remember exactly).

I doubt very much the old geezer, in his 80s probably, was a Stones Fan!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:20

Never noticed that - and I'm a huge Seinfeld buff. I love that episode, I'll be on the look out next time I see it.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:44

I remember Loudon Wainwright III participated in one episode of M*A*S*H and Miles Davis in Miami Vice...Keith and Mick I have found in Simpsons...but hey that's not albums like Emotional Rescue is....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:51

........don't foget The Monkees in The Monkees ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 17, 2011 10:10

Rockman
........don't foget The Monkees in The Monkees ....

..or Jimmy Nail in amazing Crocodile Shoes...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:30

.....or that Micky Dolenz in Circus Boy ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JimmyPhelge ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:33

The Standells in The Munsters

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2011 11:35

Mick Jagger in Freejack.

I'm not even sure what 'off topic' is in this thread.

Date: November 17, 2011 11:58

Larry Hagman in Dallas...Now that's Off Topic! smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 17, 2011 18:50

OneHit
Never noticed that - and I'm a huge Seinfeld buff. I love that episode, I'll be on the look out next time I see it.

Yeah, I must have seen that episode 4 times before & never noticed it either, but this time I noticed it clearly ... and since i have DVR i was able to rewind & pause it to be sure -- it's there, not hard to miss if watching closely.

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: November 17, 2011 19:29

LeonidP
OneHit

Yeah, I must have seen that episode 4 times before & never noticed it either, but this time I noticed it clearly ... and since i have DVR i was able to rewind & pause it to be sure -- it's there, not hard to miss if watching closely.

I saw that show a few months ago and noticed it.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: November 17, 2011 23:25

In one Seinfeld episode, Jerry and George are double-dating, and Jerry's charitable girlfriend tells them hat she volunteers in a soup kitchen, and she says excitedly: Can you guess who was there the other day?

George answers immediately: Mick Jagger? The women look at him like he is an idiot, and Jerry's gf says that it was Maya Angelou.

Each time I've seen this scene, it made me laugh. Maybe the idea of Mick Jagger serving soup to the homeless is inherently funny, because it is so preposterous.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home