Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Wood interview. Spanish newspaper. 9.27.2017.
Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 10:18

In Spanish, La Vanguardia newspaper.9.27.2017.
Video audio in English.
Anyone to translate text ?

[www.lavanguardia.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-27 10:40 by spain73.

Re: Ron Wood interview. Spanish newspaper. 9.27.2017.
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: September 27, 2017 11:54

It's a long text to translate. The highlights (i.e. the most remarkable) points are that he restates they have some "rock songs" they have been working on (from before starting Blue & Lonesome) but they still need some work. And his new wife stopped the interviewer from continuing to ask boring questions about politics instead of focusing on the music, as they'd agreed.

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: September 27, 2017 12:34

Is it posssible to get this Ronnie interview via wetransfer please?
Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2017 00:53

"Tonight they land with a clearly winning repertoire...and with all its members in full physical and mental conditions"

Really????

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2017 01:54

Why did you choose Barcelona as your residence for part of the year?

So is; for me Barcelona is a source of inspiration since the first few times I came to act with the Rolling Stones. I have always liked the city, I like Gaudí, Picasso, Miró and all this is a source of inspiration for my work. And then, of course, I like the weather, compared to the weather in England.

Where do you usually reside?

We live in London, next to the canal in Paddington, and we also have a house in a lovely forest and another cottage in Ireland. It is nice to be able to go around the different houses, and in each of them I have a study. I'm very lucky, really.

Date: September 28, 2017 01:55

Do you take part in Barcelona's cultural life?

I've been discovering Catalan artists, like Ramon Casas, since I've been living here. They are artists little known abroad and deserve to be more; there are some very good sculptors here too.

In one of his paintings the word "Barça" appears.

Date: September 28, 2017 01:56

Tomorrow (for today), when you go to play in the Olympic stadium, will you feel like playing at home?

Yes, tomorrow game at home! Clear. Even though I am a foreigner, I feel here; the people of Barcelona have adopted me, they have welcomed me under their cloak.

Have you painted the setlist for tomorrow? (Ronnie Wood is responsible for creating with artistic touches the list of songs that the band will play each night).

No, it's something that is done at the last minute. It is shortly before each concert when Mick decides whether there will be a new song or if we are going to replay some old one. That's when I do the setlist.

Date: September 28, 2017 01:57

In comments on social networks, it seems that Barcelona viewers opt for Rocks Off among the themes that the Rolling Stones have decided to put to the vote ...

Oh yeah?! (Ronnie Wood's eyes light up). I would love to win this, we love playing Rocks Off live.

As Barcelona, it is assumed that it will continue with interest the process of independence of Catalonia and the confrontation that this has propitiated.

Yes, but only from a distance. It's a topic I do not really understand very well; It will last for a while and I think it will sort itself out someday and hopefully in a peaceful way.

Do you see any kind of parallelism between the Catalan situation and the Brexit of your country?

(Educated but energetic, she intervenes in the conversation Sally Wood, present in the background, to warn that "this interview is supposed to be about music, not about politics").

In Barcelona we have now open exhibitions on David Bowie, Björk and Brian Eno. The Rolling Stones have theirs, Exhibitionism, and one has opened on Pink Floyd in London. Is the rock in danger of becoming a museum piece?

No, I think it's good for music to get to museums and have this relationship with art.

Date: September 28, 2017 02:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-28 04:09 by MisterDDDD.

Date: September 28, 2017 02:06

His latest studio album, Blue & lonesome, contained only blues tracks. Does this mean that the cycle that the Rolling Stones started when they started making classic blues versions, or are they thinking of making new rock songs?

Yes, somehow closed a cycle .... But to a certain extent, because we have new songs ... In fact, in the sessions of what had to be our new album we were recording many original songs, rockers, and we have about a dozen of them already done but in a first phase of elaboration. Then, things turned out differently, we had a couple of guests, like Eric Clapton, and the atmosphere invited him to make that blues record almost pull. But the other issues, the rockers that we had in hand, are pending that we give them a couple of good laps to be cooked and recordable.

Date: September 28, 2017 02:06

In fact, the last album with original songs was A bigger bang, and that was twelve years ago. Long time, right?

Very much! We will have to do something, but for now we are immersed in this tour and until it is over we will not decide anything.

How is the No Filter tour being developed?

Very good very good. We are generally having a very good audience, and I think we are reaching some new heights. The stage is large but has a more comfortable scale, it conveys a pleasant feeling, at least to us.

Do you notice that the audience's reaction to these concerts varies when they play their great classics and when they play those two blues from their last album?

Yes of course. I think the reaction of the amateur to hear them is a certain surprise, I mean, is a bit disconcerted to hear them. But it seems to me very well to offer the hobby new things, and these always require their period of time so that they end up becoming something habitual in our repertoire. What we also usually do is look at what we have touched on each site in previous visits, if we have come before and, of course, try to offer something different. If it can be, some song that is popular in that geographical area. In our concert a few days ago in Lucca we made Con le mie lacrime, which is an Italian version of As tears go by. Like a lot.

How do you keep the illusion and delivery on stage night after night singing almost the same songs?

Thinking that you are before something totally new. Playing live is something that makes each song new ... because every time that song takes on a new form. Playing live is like when you stand before a blank canvas; you go out to the public, thousands and thousands of people, and give them music as if it were a totally new concert. You can not do it as if it were something automatic because you would be noticed immediately.

Date: September 28, 2017 02:07

But, do not you get bored playing, for example, over and over again It's only rock and roll?

No, the live requires you the most always, transmit and play the notes correctly.

Are you nervous at this point before a concert?

Of course, there is always a responsibility, there is always at first the feeling and fear of blank canvas.

In his diary you confessed that as a young man he guessed that he would become a member of the Rolling Stones ten years before that happened. In the same way, are you able to predict what will happen to the group in the future?

My case, I think, is a good example for young musicians and painters, in the sense that dreams can become reality. As for the future of the band, I would not know. Life for me is day to day ... my companions and I do not know it. But I hope we will continue forever. We have no plan for not following. I personally find myself very well, and physically I am back in the gap.

It has nothing to do but when you are at home what music do you listen to?

I listen to music constantly and, above all, I listen to all kinds of styles: rock, of course, but also a lot of classical, traditional things. But what I no longer do is buy discs.

The artist's assistants terminate the interview. At some point has been sounding in the jukebox the subject of Albert King Breaking up somebody's home, chosen by Wood himself. He himself has been in charge of the selection of the subjects. There are songs by Dylan, Canned Head or Cab Calloway, but they dominate the Rolling Stones. It is assumed that Wood has chosen his favorite songs from the band. Take note: Harlem shuffle, Brown sugar, Respectable, Miss You, Faraway eyes, Honky tonk woman ... Some of them will ring tonight on the magic mountain of Montjuïc.

Date: September 28, 2017 02:08

Sorry..
Wouldn't let me post in entirety.. had to break it up.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 28, 2017 03:11

Thank you Mr. DDDDD !

Albert King
[g.co]

Date: September 28, 2017 04:58

Welcome, kind sir. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-28 04:58 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 28, 2017 06:38

And his new wife stopped the interviewer from continuing to ask boring questions about politics instead of focusing on the music,

Thank god for that .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 28, 2017 06:46

Yes, in this way she gave us the option of starting a thread such as "Speculations about Ronnie's political views" ... grinning smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 28, 2017 10:04

MisterDDDD
His latest studio album, Blue & lonesome, contained only blues tracks. Does this mean that the cycle that the Rolling Stones started when they started making classic blues versions, or are they thinking of making new rock songs?

Yes, somehow closed a cycle .... But to a certain extent, because we have new songs ... In fact, in the sessions of what had to be our new album we were recording many original songs, rockers, and we have about a dozen of them already done but in a first phase of elaboration. Then, things turned out differently, we had a couple of guests, like Eric Clapton, and the atmosphere invited him to make that blues record almost pull. But the other issues, the rockers that we had in hand, are pending that we give them a couple of good laps to be cooked and recordable.

thumbs up

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 28, 2017 10:26

Some good questions in there...many thanks.
Is this the only interview so far on the tour?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:15

"In fact, in the sessions of what had to be our new album we were recording many original songs, rockers, and we have about a dozen of them already done but in a first phase of elaboration. (...) the rockers that we had in hand, are pending that we give them a couple of good laps to be cooked and recordable."

This sounds to me like the songs need more work than just some finishing touches. Ronnie appears to talk about sketches rather than songs in progress.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home