Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any visual material on Marshall Chess playing trumpet during the 1973 tour?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:28

Which concerts Marshall Chess is talking about?

[www.goldminemag.com]

The songs became bigger on stage. In 1972 we started the U.S. tour on the West Coast. Actually, my main memory was in 1973, on the tour of England and Europe where I played trumpet on eight shows. And I played conga drums, too, on a couple of shows in 1972 in Boston. We were touring with Wonderlove’s horn section. I was a trumpet player, and this is part of my history I don’t really talk about much. What happened, was that I watched the film “From Here To Eternity” when I was a kid. When they played taps in that movie I got tremendously affected. It was probably the first time I felt music in my heart. I became a bugler in the boy scouts. True thing. I was 13.

Re: Any visual material on Marshall Chess playing trumpet during the 1973 tour?
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 26, 2017 18:00

[www.nzentgraf.de]

1st September - 19th October: THE ROLLING STONES. European Tour.
                  Line-up: MJ (voc, harm)/KR (gtr, voc)/MT (gtr)/BW (bass)/CW (dr)/
                                Billy Preston (p, org, clavinet)/Trevor Lawrence (sax, perc)/Steve
                                Madaio (tp, tb, perc)/Bobby Keys (sax, perc; probably only until
                                October 13)/Stu (p; sometimes, on selected tracks)
                   Note: At some shows Marshall Chess was invited to join the band for the last
                             song to play some tambourine. Also Manuel Kellough sometimes guested
                             on congas.

Re: Any visual material on Marshall Chess playing trumpet during the 1973 tour?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 26, 2017 18:42

Thanks.. Doesn't mention trumpet with the Stones in 1973... Chess says in the interview he played in 1972 with Stevie Wonder's opening act

BTW

How would you compare Nico Zentgraf and Felix Aeppli databases?

[www.nzentgraf.de]

[www.aeppli.ch]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home